DustOff

New guy in Poway area.

So. I have lurked for over a year now and have been riding solo for a while in some of the local area's (Ramona, Corral Canyon, Lark, Ocotillo Wells) and have had a blast just getting out there. I grew up riding ATC's in Glamis until i was 12 then never sat on a motorcycle again. Long and short is that we are close to being empty nesters and life is flying by, I needed to get out there and feel alive again. Bought a plated 2005 525 EXC went and took the motorcycle safety school and got my M1 Endorsement. After about 10 months of riding, my son (18) wanted a bike so he now has a 2014 TTR 230 to learn on. So far he has been my ridding buddy but I after lurking on SDAR for over a year, I figured out that I might fit in with this mixed bag of nuts.

Ridding solo in the middle of nowhere has had some cool moments and some terrifying ones too, not planning on doing too much more of that. Already had a dislocated shoulder, road rash, and hip injuries. I thought i was 18 again when I got on my bike but in reality I am an old out of shape 44 year old just trying to squeeze a few more great years out of this body.

The only thing I will claim to know is "That I don't know $&!+." The rest I will have to ask you guys about.

Hope to start getting some rides in with you guys soon.

Couple Noobs getting ready to go have fun.

post-15716-0-70419500-1407897304_thumb.j

Welcome to the forums, I think you'll fit in quite well! There are lots of good, knowledgeable people on here, hope to see you out on the trails!

Welcome aboard! You've come to the right place.

Welcome to the group...

See you out there....

Welcome to the "mixed bag of nuts". Look forward to riding with you and your son.

DustOff,

Did you know there are over 500 miles of rough roads in the Anza Borrego Desert State Park?? When it cools, there is alot to see.

If that Orange Bike is spitting you off, check the sag numbers. Correct set-up makes a big difference. You may already know this stuff, but it is good to put out there.

Bagstr

Be aware that there are many on this site that Talk small bore, but are quite capable riders you can depend on.

DustOff,

Did you know there are over 500 miles of rough roads in the Anza Borrego Desert State Park?? When it cools, there is alot to see.

If that Orange Bike is spitting you off, check the sag numbers. Correct set-up makes a big difference. You may already know this stuff, but it is good to put out there.

Bagstr

Be aware that there are many on this site that Talk small bore, but are quite capable riders you can depend on.

Bagstr,

I can't wait to adventure into the Anza Borrego Desert area. I just had a new spring put on because I seemed to plateau on my weight loss (which wasn't nearly enough). RJ set the sag for me and I have only ridden it once since then but it seems to be a big improvement so far. You are right "Correct set-up makes a bid difference" but I have not even tried any front end adjustments yet.

Please keep the suggestions coming, because "The only thing I will claim to know is "That I don't know $&!+." The rest I will have to ask you guys about. Maybe when I meet some of you in person you can point me in the right direction with more bike set-up info.

Thanks for humoring me, I'll be the easy guy to point and laugh at for a while or maybe longer.....

No laughing at anyone around here. We're all in it for the fun and camaraderie. Besides, I would never laugh at anyone who has a Shawshank Redemption quote in his sig. That's one of the best Stephen King stories of all time, and I believe I've read them all, most multiple times. :)

No laughing at anyone around here. We're all in it for the fun and camaraderie.

Bob laughs at me all the time. :tired:

Well, when I said we, I meant it as in "all of us except for PMB." I figured that was understood?