wildwood

7/6 Easy Night Ride: PV, Laguna, Cuyamaca, Boulder Crk. to I-8

Just throwing this out there if anyone is up for a late ride.

79/Japatul Valley Park-N-Ride, Meet 8pm, ksu 8:15pm. Heading out Pine Creek to Deer Park Rd., north to the look out.

Quick look at the view, then head to Cuyamaca Lk., then Engineer Rd. to Boulder Creek and back home.

I guess we just haven't had enough fun this weekend.

IN.

I think I'll skip Boulder Creek and loop back to Bear Valley as I can't ride too late.

I missed the exit for the 79 and am snacking on a slice of pizza in Pine Valley. I'll meet you at the Pine Creek bridge!

I'm looking forward to it.

Edit: please confirm is you see this

Great $2 a slice tomato pie!

I love it when a plan comes together. Thanks for meeting up GF, it was a fun little run.

Nice

You don't hear the Pie to much here in the west coast

and that pizza is pretty good actually

It was a fun ride Wildwood! We talked LEDs and compared light setups/options. Spreading out a little bit helped with lights in the dust and it was a non-issue. I really need to air down because it was a bumpy ride (stubbornly running 30psi ha).

By far the coolest part of the ride was seeing the SD skyline from a small viewpoint while coming down the hill. I stopped to take a look and caught the Sea World fireworks going off! It was a pretty cool sight to see and ridiculously lucky timing to catch the show unexpectedly.

I hope to plan another summer nighy ride soon - maybe this weekend.

People....its been mentioned before. Once a ride is complete please start a new thread in Ride Write-Ups section.

If people are looking for a ride report they may not look in the Informal Upcoming Rides section since this section is for planning rides.

Also...this section is for motorcycle rides only....not mountain bike rides....like someone started a mountain bike thread here that I had to move.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds having two threads for a couple hour ride needlessly complex. This isn't advrider where you have hundreds of multiple-day rides happening at one time. It's your show and your rules, but finding an old thread of a planned ride and then having to search another forum to find out how it actually went (if at all) seems very cumbersome on a small forum. Ymmv.

Tim, moderator on bimmerforums.com since 2007 :)

Nice

You don't hear the Pie to much here in the west coast

and that pizza is pretty good actually

Dan, have you been to Hoboken Pizza in PB? My go to when I need a fix.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds having two threads for a couple hour ride needlessly complex. This isn't advrider where you have hundreds of multiple-day rides happening at one time. It's your show and your rules, but finding an old thread of a planned ride and then having to search another forum to find out how it actually went (if at all) seems very cumbersome on a small forum. Ymmv.

I would gently and respectfully agree.

Gosh,, it is way hard to Start another thread. The labor would kill me.

:shiftyeyes_anim:

Gosh,, it is way hard to Start another thread. The labor would kill me.

:shiftyeyes_anim:

It's not about starting another thread, it's the question of why another thread is needed. Did Goofy's reply in this thread that he had a good time on this ride make more sense than starting a new thread just to say the same thing? One could argue that the new thread probably would have gone completely unnoticed, and also that if everyone posted a "ride report" for a couple hour ride that the forum for "ride reports" would become way too cluttered. As I said, YMMV.

As for me, I just like to see a post somewhere from a riding partner after a ride to confirm they made it home safe. Call me a worry wart, but I do care. Message received, Randy.