Thanks to all who came out. Son Dave showed up on his land missile to ride out to Valley Center with us, S-I-L Ironman (Brian), Arnie, Devin & Neil. Glad we started early as the heat gained traction quickly. Neil was getting some good dirt legs when his bike decided to napilate (it's a word - at least at my house) and he possibly ended the ride with a broken collarbone. Thanks to Arnie who got a truck and beer back to the crash sight for bike and rider hauling.

Heal up quickly, Neil.

Good spot to kick off from: Gas, drinks and snacks & bathrooms.

DSCN0994_zps7c801ead.jpg

A view going up Nate Harrison Grade

DSCN0995_zpsdcec72a7.jpg

Entering the trees

DSCN0996_zpsf9ed5328.jpg

DSCN0997_zpsf9ed5328.jpg

Everyone's stats will differ, here's mine

DSCN1000_zpsee697055.jpg

Sorry to hear about Neil. That sucks. I kept an eye out for you guys but we were on the other side of the mountain on Palomar Divide.

Heal soon Neil!

Neil was hurting so for the first time in my life I had compassion lol. Neil lost vison for a bit due to a hard helmet hit but he is now in good hands.

Thanks to all for the ride yesterday, especially Afry for all the post crash help.

Broken collarbone and broken ankle. Surgery later this morning.

Holy crap! You're tougher than I am. You were walking around pretty good for having a broken ankle. Arm movement seemed good, too, for a collarbone break. I'm glad we at least talked you out of "if you can just get me off of the dirt, I can ride home" mindset.

Arnie took good care of you so mucho kudos to him.

Thanks to all who came out. Son Dave showed up on his land missile to ride out to Valley Center with us, S-I-L Ironman (Brian), Arnie, Devin & Neil. Glad we started early as the heat gained traction quickly. Neil was getting some good dirt legs when his bike decided to napilate (it's a word - at least at my house) and he possibly ended the ride with a broken collarbone. Thanks to Arnie who got a truck and beer back to the crash sight for bike and rider hauling.

Heal up quickly, Neil.

Good spot to kick off from: Gas, drinks and snacks & bathrooms.

DSCN0994_zps7c801ead.jpg

A view going up Nate Harrison Grade

DSCN0995_zpsdcec72a7.jpg

Entering the trees

DSCN0996_zpsf9ed5328.jpg

DSCN0997_zpsf9ed5328.jpg

Everyone's stats will differ, here's mine

DSCN1000_zpsee697055.jpg

Max speed 84.9! What are you doing?????

Thanks to all for the ride yesterday, especially Afry for all the post crash help.

oh no that's terrible. Sorry to hear it.

Max speed 84.9! What are you doing?????

There are idiots on the road sometimes. One paced me and stayed next to me no matter what speed I did, even slowing to 50 on the freeway. I was tired of his game after he got behind me, in front of me - so I took him down to 50 again and punched it. There was almost no traffic on the road and I didn't get it, so I got away from it.

Good thing there wasn't any chp around. :P

Ouch! Heal up quick....

I would've welcomed them during "the dance"....

You guys took out another noob, dang!

I would've welcomed them during "the dance"....

Pfft you know those chp guys. They wouldn't have believed your story for a minute.

... I'm glad we at least talked you out of "if you can just get me off of the dirt, I can ride home" mindset.

Yea, mucho thanks for doing my thinking for me. Trying to get home on my own was a pretty stupid thought.

Home now with a couple of pis in the ankle and a plate on the collarbone. Airport security is going to have a blast with me.

And a big thanks again to Arnie for taking care of the old guy!

... I'm glad we at least talked you out of "if you can just get me off of the dirt, I can ride home" mindset.

Yea, mucho thanks for doing my thinking for me. Trying to get home on my own was a pretty stupid thought.

Home now with a couple of pis in the ankle and a plate on the collarbone. Airport security is going to have a blast with me.

And a big thanks again to Arnie for taking care of the old guy!

Hey us old guys gotta stick together - sorry to hear about the needed surgery but your net worth just went up! At least now you have scrap value.

Next time I don't want to see your bike leaving like this :laughingsmiley:

2014-07-05+11.09.06.jpg

Those TR650s fall hard...

Hey hey Mike, how ya been? Had any time in your busy schedule to get that Terra out in the dirt?

Those TR650s fall hard...

Hey hey Mike, how ya been? Had any time in your busy schedule to get that Terra out in the dirt?

10440263_10202265596742772_6917120312762

Not so much, will try to get out this weekend, not off again until Aug 9.

Nice! I still owe you a beer and some grub for hauling the pig back from DV and letting me ride yours. Maybe we can put something together early one day this weekend?

post-2369-0-15401400-1405177082_thumb.jppost-2369-0-17964500-1405177128_thumb.jppost-2369-0-26892200-1405177173_thumb.jpI did a similar loop on the 3rd, wasn't real happy they had all the gates locked so had to take the Polamar Divide road up and back down. Sucks about getting hurt I thought of that when I was half way to Anza on the TT road from Warner by myself.