YES ! Good idea, and I'll fit my bike with a homing beacon. Deal? :)
http://www.findmespot.com/

explorespot_spot.jpg

Cool gadget. $169 isn't a bad price. But they should make them in lime green for Pyro.

I just got one of these for $145. The yearly service is $99. Not only will it call for help, but you can also check in with it. It will send up to 5 emails or text messages each time you check in. Sometimes I am gone from 5am until 9pm. This way I can let the wife know I am ok, maybe she will worry less. Also for an extra $8 per year you get $100,00 of rescue insurance. I hear those medivac helicopter rescues can be super expensive. I will post a report on it when I get to go out and test it (hopefully just the check in feature). :) Ken

is this CRF or XR ride?

i'm thinking about going, will call to see if there is any room left.

Either bike will do as long as they are both street legal. Street legal is the key word here. The first 2 dashes I rode a street legal CRF 450 R.

is this CRF or XR ride?

Either bike will do as long as they are both street legal. Street legal is the key word here. The first 2 dashes I rode a street legal CRF 450 R.

my XR has CA plate and CRF has AZ plate

Please see THIS POST for updates on ride entries.

is this CRF or XR ride?

Dude, it's a KLR ride man. :lol:

OK

Im in!

We (the wife and I) will be in Space 39 @ Butterfield Ranch Friday Night about 5 PM. Please drop by...

The weather this weekend was awesome! Fresh damp sand, no dust. Supposed to rain again this week? And yes, it was durn cold at night.

Spyder

Randy has a Posse now? :)

Looking forward to the ride.....

Not sure everyone has seen these pictures/cool video a couple of guys threw together after the 06 Dash.....good representative photo's of some of the area and the video clip is a hoot.

Only a few days to go.......click on the link above to wet your appetite with a little teaser.....

Are the rides full yet?

What about each day?

I don't know for sure if I can make it and what day yet.

So, if I go, can I just show up?

Boyfriend won't be going :unsure:

Are the rides full yet?

What about each day?

I don't know for sure if I can make it and what day yet.

So, if I go, can I just show up?

Boyfriend won't be going :unsure:

You've been sitting on the fence too long.......you'll need to call Randy at this point....

Go here for more info: http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.p...ic=1936&hl=

I’m not going to the desert dash this year. But I would still like to thank Randy for putting this event on. I’m involved with another group that puts on off road rallies so I’m aware of how much work it can be. We take large committees a year to arrange things and Randy appears to do all this work by himself. I don’t know how he is able to do it. These types of affairs are not just show up and ride. A lot of planning and work is involved. He had to: Determine the route. Get a meeting place (campground). Get permission from government entities for the event. Find sponsors. Get drawing prizes. Arrange for food. Figure how to register people and collect the fees. This is just a small list there is a lot more. Randy you rock! :unsure::unsure::D:D:D:lol:

I cannot make the dash this year. I did not see what the shirt design will be this year. What will be the design, and how do I go about getting one? Did you make any 4x this year?

Yeah, I know.

I probably waited too long.

Just show up, I'll check you in. <_<

I cannot make the dash this year.

At the campfire we'll tell stories of your exploits and build upon your legend. <_<

Yeah, I know.

I probably waited too long.

Just show up, I'll check you in. <_<

while you're in a good mood... can I buy a shirt, too?

I cannot make the dash this year.

At the campfire we'll tell stories of your exploits and build upon your legend. <_<

You guys are good friends! Drink a couple beers for me and make the stories real good.

T-shirts are bitchin', club stickers are done, we have new trails on both days, got some great raffle giveaways, and the Head Ranger at Anza Borrego State Park is very cool.......the rider limit has been "upped" a bit.

I already ordered shirts, and if there's any left, you can buy one, but must reserve them for people at the ride first.

I wouldn't mind a t-shirt and some stickers if there are any left. I can't make it to the Dash this year due to a boat ride to Puerto Vallarta. Life could be worse.

damn i wish these doctors would just tell me its ok to ride again, then again the wrist doesnt feel 100% yet so maybe its best that i cant do the dash i was really looking foward to do my first one. well atleast my wife wont have to take off school just for me to play. so enjoy everyone have fun and brews for me!!! hopefully i'll be on the trails in march or april...

ed

T-shirts are bitchin', club stickers are done, we have new trails on both days, got some great raffle giveaways, and the Head Ranger at Anza Borrego State Park is very cool.......the rider limit has been "upped" a bit.

I already ordered shirts, and if there's any left, you can buy one, but must reserve them for people at the ride first.

totally appropriate... still trying to swing the Sunday ride, if i can get a hall pass; I'll PM you if I get one

Thanks again for putting this ride on, and for the site.