PastaPilot

Moto Maintenance Day 4/12

Official Press Release

Moto maintenance day at my house. Saturday April 12th. 10AM until the beer runs out then we'll go to The West End.

I just got a large shipment from RMATVMC and need to get the fancy bits installed.

I've got a grille and can cook and have most of the tools needed to do most maintenance on some bikes. If I don't have it, there's an Ace Hardware really close. O'reilly autoparts and Kon-Tiki Motorcycles is about a mile away.

Taking suggestions for lunch. Albertsons, Los 2 Pedro's and Oscar's Mexican Food is just down

Anyone savvy on setting sag and adjusting suspension? I'm fairly capable with a wrench, but am suspension stupid. Wouldn't mind having a hand trying to set up my Husky.

Setting sag, yes. Setting clickers, well that real easy. Just turn and count clicks.

Anyone savvy on setting sag and adjusting suspension? I'm fairly capable with a wrench, but am suspension stupid. Wouldn't mind having a hand trying to set up my Husky.

Oh yea!!! Glad your back! I'm in. I wanted to play with some maps since I just put street tires on the bike.

Ben, Yeah we could do too. Just bring 2 AA batteries and we can load maps until they die. The tuner does use batteries at an alarming rate.

Y'all have fun tuning. Im back to the old school carburator again, after early 2011-early 2014 on FI bikes.

I will be in Washington state this week but if I was here I'd be down.

I'll probably ride over and nod like I know what's going on. Is J gonna be there? Might go 2 up if so.

OK there seems to be enough interest to make it an official "sit-in-my-garage-and-watch-other-people-skin-their-knuckles" day.

Tom, bring the Husqy and your regular riding gear and we'll set the sag to your specs.

Y'all have fun tuning. Im back to the old school carburator again, after early 2011-early 2014 on FI bikes.

Old school carb just means constant tuning. If you ever ride with me in the mountains you'll be tuning in the morning, again in the afternoon, up in the peaks and again on the way down. I just start up and it's tuned.

Riding with you in the Mountains means you will be riding on a trail that is way to narrow on the edge of a cliff that is way to high. The result it that you will not give a damn how the bike runs and long as it gets you off that ledge......The only "main" you will be reaching for is the Main Parachute if things go bad.

Comments on constant tuning of a carb ?

I never had to constantly tune and adjust my carbs on my old DR350 or my KTM640 even when riding in mountains and lower elevations. Constant velocity carb.

And I'll see you guys at Jons house.

Comments on constant tuning of a carb ?

I never had to constantly tune and adjust my carbs on my old DR350 or my KTM640 even when riding in mountains and lower elevations. Constant velocity carb.

Rob's on a 2 stroke. They're far more finicky about jetting. WIth temperature and elevation changes spreading 40 degrees and 5000' it's a constant battle. Every time I ride with someone on a two stroke they're always adjusting needle clips or turning screws. 4 stroke riders generally turn the external fuel screw. I just drink my water and eat trail mix. :lol:

I plan to stop by... I have no scheduled maintenance to perform...

I can eat... and help... and patch up any sucking chest wounds...

Oh yeah food. Hmmm, can we go potluck?

There's an Albertsons just down the road. I'll grab an assortment of something.

I'll be in Ventura on Saturday but am up for another time. Is that pic you posted from one of your rides? Looks awesome.

I'm out in the garage now.

I just noticed my oil jug is full. Is anybody planning an oil change?

I'm sorry, forgot I have to go to Santa Ysabel to help the Boy Scouts pick up Dudley's bread.

I'm going to be out...

Ken, thanks for stopping in. Good to see you and the missus.

For the rest of you,

I'm glad I only spent $60 on food and drinks for you asshats to not show up.