paulmbowers

Noobish ride Sunday, December 22nd 2013

I recommend the n00b ride head up Otay Mtn and help decorate the Unofficial SDAR Holiday Tree Find the SDAR Charlie Brown Tree

I actually ran into bubbagums on Sunday when I was "prerunning" the noob ride and saw the tree. It might be kind of fun to decorate it with random crap!!

I recommend the n00b ride head up Otay Mtn and help decorate the Unofficial SDAR Holiday Tree Find the SDAR Charlie Brown Tree

I actually ran into bubbagums on Sunday when I was "prerunning" the noob ride and saw the tree. It might be kind of fun to decorate it with random crap!!

I'll pack a few things :)

I'll bring some ornaments, etc

If anybody has a radio, bring it with you, and you can listen to Paul sing, and me groan

We will put any radio people in the middle, so we can keep a good flow.

You mean not-radio people?

Radio leads, radio sweeps, right?

You mean not-radio people?

Radio leads, radio sweeps, right?

I meant "additional radio people"

yes... you lead, and I'll sweep

you sing, and I'll scream

you crack wise, and I'll be the voice of reason

Wish I could join you guys, but I've got to work!

Sounds like it will be a blast of a ride but I don't get my final follow-up x-rays 'til the 24th, and the bike still has to go into the shop. :(

Wish I could go. Have fun.

Would like to join in, only problem is the meeting spot is not showing up for me when I click on it (no idea why)

Count me in if I get it figured out.

While I'm still planning to go on the ride, will the rain today be a problem for any of the roads?

I'm not that familiar with the area, but it is very open, so should be mostly dry by them, with less dust

To anybody unsure of the meeting point...main st in CV down to the left where it turns to heritage road on a bend south. EntertainmentCircle (sleepTrain and aquatica on the west side)...if you hit the second "entertainment circle youwent too far)

Pauland I are generally early so look for us...one will be on a white powerhouse of a motorcycle, surrounded by females ogling it, and guys worshipping it

Paul will be on a KTM

I've been down there with PMB a few times and I'm guessing if Saturday is rain free, there may be a few slick spots but no real problems.

The water crossing that I DID NOT fall in might be a bit deeper but it's not a mandatory crossing. I did not. Really. ph34r.gif

I'm 98% in on this.

I've been down there with PMB a few times and I'm guessing if Saturday is rain free, there may be a few slick spots but no real problems.

The water crossing that I DID NOT fall in might be a bit deeper but it's not a mandatory crossing. I did not. Really. ph34r.gif

I'm 98% in on this.

Good reminder...there may be a water crossing so don't wear jeans

Another reminder...everybody here blabs everything

See you there Ken

10350943094_e22399dc50_k.jpg

While I'm still planning to go on the ride, will the rain today be a problem for any of the roads?

If I think it's too rainy/muddy.wet, I'll cancel the ride. We don't need noobs slippin and slidin their way to the ER.

Watch this thread that morning for any changes.

If I think it's too rainy/muddy.wet, I'll cancel the ride. We don't need noobs slippin and slidin their way to the ER.

Watch this thread that morning for any changes.

And if this ride is cancelled, i'll head out to McCain

10350943094_e22399dc50_k.jpg

Seeeeeee! I'm not down.....

.....anymore.

Lurking. Been since forever since I posted, did a noob ride in 2012 a couple of months after I got my bike and it was a great experience with great people. Would of just posted up that I'm in, but still recovering from a severely twisted ankle from a recent off. Always wanted to check out this area of SD.

I'll be honest, that section of water does have me a bit nervous. I haven't crossed much water with my bike as yet. The suit and boots are somewhat waterproof, so that will be helpful.