It looks like there was a few of us doing the same thing 2 weekends ago. Solo trips to Baja. So I thought I would share what waste of time going to Mexico is.

I went down to Ensenada, then over to Coyote Cals and stayed the night, The next day I went to Guerrero Negro along the coast, and then I cut inland and took part of the 500 course to Mikes Sky Ranch where I camped next to the pool. The next day I headed into Ensenada, stayed the night and headed home. Somewhere along the way to Ensenada I got a slow leak and had it repaired in Ensenada

20130606_172359.jpg

20130607_123955.jpg

20130607_132816.jpg

20130607_173122.jpg

20130607_183206.jpg

20130607_200124.jpg

So when anybody asks "How is Mexico?" My response is always "dangerous, shitty, and a waste of time, don't go, Mexico sucks!"

Sucks bad, cant wait to go back soon to make sure it hasnt got any better ah!

Mexico can be awesome

Sarcasm is lost on the weak of mind.

Yea the riding down there horrible! Who would ever want to ride there?!

(ps those LC4s are good machines. I'll have to post a picture of Wekert with his 640 on the beach - a sucky, overcrowded Baja beach :torch:/>/>)

uh... I got his sarcasm...I don't think sarcasm ever escapes me

I have a shirt that reads: Sarcasm is my way of dealing with your idiocy

Mexico CAN be awesome, but I know plenty of people with first hand experience that it can be very dangerous too.

I am sure for every 1000 awesome stories, there is only one "dangerous", but when it's your ONE time, and things go south, it's not so awesome anymore... I didn't put that in the first post because I didn't want to pee on his parade...

so: I'll leave it at

"Mexico can be awesome"

Very nice; I enjoyed the photos.

I was down there, too, and we likely passed one another as solo SDAR types riding that part of Baja.

The sucky part...

BC Mex, to be avoided at all costs,,,,,,and never ever, ever, ride any of the Tecate area single track.

Ps Ive been Robbed everywhere, from NC to NY to Va, Wa, Ore to Japan to PI to Korea to Italy Germany and Switzerland as well as Mex and beyond,,,, oops I mean Ive been Rob in all those places.

BC Mex, to be avoided at all costs,,,,,,and never ever, ever, ride any of the Tecate area single track.

Ps Ive been Robbed everywhere, from NC to NY to Va, Wa, Ore to Japan to PI to Korea to Italy Germany and Switzerland as well as Mex and beyond,,,, oops I mean Ive been Rob in all those places.

tecate has some great riding

Guest Crusty

Nice!!!

I was there the week before, during the Baja 500 (all the gates were open)

Had a blast, can't wait to go back.

I am more afraid of Escondido, than Baja.

Craig.

I am more afraid of Escondido, than Baja.

X2

Mexico sucks soooo bad we are going down there this weekend to make sure the lobster and beer is on short supply so as not to attract the unaware.

Hey don,t bag on Escondido. ( I live here ) The last I saw it has the same look and feel as Mexico. Mexico is better because you can ride a unplated bike down the highway. :good:

Hey don,t bag on Escondido. ( I live here ) The last I saw it has the same look and feel as Mexico. Mexico is better because you can ride a unplated bike down the highway. good.gif

Si

Guest Crusty

Hey don,t bag on Escondido. ( I live here ) The last I saw it has the same look and feel as Mexico. Mexico is better because you can ride a unplated bike down the highway. good.gif

Sorry, but it came to mind because I got ripped off there, on one of my job sites, last year.

Some tweaker stole my windows, took them a block away and broke out all the glass, for the aluminum.

I had to clean up all the glass.

I bid a job in Escondido, Monday at the same place, 10th. and Juniper.unsure.gif

I am moving to Oceanside and some places there also scare me more than Baja.

Crustier.

tecate has some great riding

Haha! I see what you did there...

Spent this weekend in Baja. It kinda sucked. The beer was way too cold, the mariscos much too fresh, the riding much too nice.

Have been exploring farther and farther south off Highway 1. Did the route from La Bocana/Puerto Santo Tomnas to Punta San Jose this time.

Am heading to San Quintin next...that may take 3 days total.

Thanks much to the advice from the folks on this site, especially Crusty's input and Johnny Airtime's GPS tracks.

post-14554-057222400 1372688658_thumb.jp

post-14554-056801500 1372688677_thumb.jp

Love it. Oh, I can't wait for another "sucky"weekend in Baja...pesky work keeps from overnight trips me until the end of July. PM me if your up for a day trip, street or dirt.

(ps those LC4s are good machines. I'll have to post a picture of Wekert with his 640 on the beach - a sucky, overcrowded Baja beach torch.gif/>/>)

How come wekert gets all the love?

558049_10101226256758650_456228269_n.jpg

So when anybody asks "How is Mexico?" My response is always "dangerous, shitty, and a waste of time, don't go, Mexico sucks!"

Hey, I really have some time to waste on a shitty and dangerous trip to that dirty stinky place called Mexico that no one should ever visit, When do you wanna roll next?

-Vlad