kkug

Bikepacking Show and Tell -Overnighter at Toro Peak

I could do a GPS track but it would take me 5 hr to do it. Could you do one up -you know the usual threw black canyon ,Warner Springs , Past Indian Flats camp ground, to Anza, circle K for Gas and Beer,snacks, then it is to the junction of the 371 and the 74. Then right and go approx 5.3 miles to Santa Rosa rd. do not take the road to the Indian Res that you come to first.

Then up the road till we find a good campsite.

If you could help me with that it would be much appreciated.

I just got home.......let me see what I can gin up.....

Thx KKug for all your work setting this up.

We are gonna have problems with #3 on that permit.

My Saturday cleared up so I'll see you all at the S & T.

Ken - Check your email for tracks.......if you guys are going to swing through Ramona, etc. you can just pick me up at the Hideout.......I'll ride over there around 1(?)pm and wait for you......

I also hung it on DSM. I'll delete it Sunday.

http://www.dualsportmaps.com/?link=109498

1366426817[/url]' post='149978']

Radios..????

I'll have mine, "The Kug " likes his own thoughts.

CiD

Ken - Check your email for tracks.......if you guys are going to swing through Ramona, etc. you can just pick me up at the Hideout.......I'll ride over there around 1(?)pm and wait for you......

Thanks Chris -The route looks good-Perfect.

I can show for the S&T only as I have to work tomorrow. Do I need to bring food for the cookout?

Thanks,

William

I can show for the S&T only as I have to work tomorrow. Do I need to bring food for the cookout?

Thanks,

William

I think we have enough food . If we run short we can get a 5$ Pizza.

My guess is that we will be at the Hideout between 2-3 at the earliest.

Here's an old trip report/photos for those unfamiliar with the Ramona to Toro Peak stretch:

My guess is that we will be at the Hideout between 2-3 at the earliest.

Ok....I'll leave home around 1ish so I don't get too sloshed waiting :lol::drinks::crazy:

Perhaps Mr. Bowers will be kind enough to text me when you folks split from Casa de Kug

Well...

MrsBowers has been stuck on the tarmac at JFK all evening. IF she gets home by tomorrow, I'll meet the group at the Hideout. If she's grounded, I'm out.

Last word was she'd make it home at 230am, but had not taken off and weather was a question.

I am just reading this whole thread now... Sounds like fun... I will meet you guys up there. I am coming from the north, so I can try to intercept you in Anza or I can just meet you guys on the mountain. Do not wait for me, since my plans may change last minute. Hope to see you guys up there!

I am just reading this whole thread now... Sounds like fun... I will meet you guys up there. I am coming from the north, so I can try to intercept you in Anza or I can just meet you guys on the mountain. Do not wait for me, since my plans may change last minute. Hope to see you guys up there!

Yo, Ian what's up man how've you been? Long time no see!

Well...

MrsBowers has been stuck on the tarmac at JFK all evening. IF she gets home by tomorrow, I'll meet the group at the Hideout. If she's grounded, I'm out.

Last word was she'd make it home at 230am, but had not taken off and weather was a question.

What was the issue......did she use a Fakename ?

Hope she made it home Ok.......we'll see how my morning goes......I may just ride on down later this morning.......what else am I gonna do, "household chores?" :whistle::thumbsdown_anim::upsidedown::lol:

Tweaked the track set a tad......added some nearby options if anyone wants to run up to Idyllwild today/Sunday......I haven't been on either of the short short single track segments in a year or more (both are marked with waypoints).....no idea on current access/condition.....no big bikes recommended on either

<------------ wishing I was with you guys....being on-call sucks!

I couldn't make the camp trip cause my chair wasn't of sufficient quality so the chair gods shined down on me yesterday with three (3) free chairs. Maybe not actually free but they didn't have any owners at the time I came upon them. East side of Palomar Mountain somewhat near the top. I have the gps coordinates if they belong to anyone. I didn't have room so I left them unmolested resting on the side of the road.

Bob