Crawdaddy

SDAR "Club Ride" - Laughlin/Bullhead City - Nov. 7-10/13

What's the riding like out there

Teaser:

2 weeks....make your reservations soon if you're "in" :coolio::whistle:;):thumbsup_anim:

Made reservations this morning, looking forward to meeting some more fellow riders from SDAR. Do I need to pack extra fuel with my 120ish mile range?

Made reservations this morning, looking forward to meeting some more fellow riders from SDAR. Do I need to pack extra fuel with my 120ish mile range?

Nope. ~100 mile range is good. Where did you book your reservation? AVI or Laughlin?

Suppose a guy had a big bike- is there an interesting way to ride to Bullhead City?

Even if it took a day or two?

Suppose a guy had a big bike- is there an interesting way to ride to Bullhead City?

You could ride to Barstow and then take Mojave Rd. for ~165 miles to the CO. River

You could ride to Barstow and then take Mojave Rd. for ~165 miles to the CO. River

I'd be down for that if anyone is interested....

I only know of 2 people who committed/made reservations for the proposed "Club Ride" :blink:<_<

Screw it.........I'm going to bail/cancel and defer it til TBD next Fall......I need to switch focus and prep water toys for Spring/Summer deployment......plus, Kathy is now heading out with me that weekend.....it would be "politically unwise" for me to blow off spending time with Kathy ( :girl_devil: ) and also blow off taking care of house/water toy chores to ride motos with a group of....."2" :mellow: .....that would also leave me ill prepared for our return 2 weeks later to play in the river with the kids :thumbsdown_anim:

So, stay tuned for the next opportunity......hopefully more folks will jump on the bandwagon in the Fall......

really want to get out there....just LOTS of work, and lots of house issues of my own lately...taking too much time and energy... :(/>

..BUT....I'm committed to the Bullhead City Regatta....not a riding trip in august, but LOTS of fun....:dance2:/>

I was all set to join until my riding budget got cut after my wife's job took a hit with the sequestration cuts. Thanks for trying to organize this and hopefully you will try again in the fall.

Looking at a calendar.......thinking the weekend of 11/8-10/13.......

Looking at a calendar.......thinking the weekend of 11/8-10/13.......

Mojavi Road on a big bike,,,,we will arrange a 20 KTM Team recovery crew. coolio.gif

P1010579%201000w-L.jpg

This photo is Not representative of all conditions. dirol.gif

Guest Crusty

I did that on my big adventure bike (XR 680L), loved the ride, left Carlsbad at 4:00

Was an easy day, when I got there, I couldn't wait to get home, though!

Ride report,,

http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=10354&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=125

THe following weekend would be better for me. Im definatly interested

The 8th is a scheduled "off" Friday for me......prefer to head out there when I can leave on a Thursday night......

Very interested... especially with single track :D

Waiting to see confirmed date

Thanks for putting something together!

11/7-10 is a confirmed timeframe since I have Friday the 8th off from work.......I understand some folks may opt to come out Friday night so they don't need to burn a vacation day......those folks may opt to ride only Sat. or Sat/Sun morning then split......I'll be heading out Thursday night and riding big loops on Friday/Sat......just clean up the house and drive home on Sunday......

I modified the initial post to reflect the proper dates.

name='paulmbowers' timestamp='1364507579' post='148213']

/

I'd be down for that if anyone is interested....

well, if it involves mostly dirt, I am.

Also willing to pitch in for gas if someone has room in the truck. (rather do option#1 though)

either way I'm trying to make it up there, thanks for putting this together CD!

11/7-10 is a confirmed timeframe since I have Friday the 8th off from work.......I understand some folks may opt to come out Friday night so they don't need to burn a vacation day......those folks may opt to ride only Sat. or Sat/Sun morning then split......I'll be heading out Thursday night and riding big loops on Friday/Sat......just clean up the house and drive home on Sunday......

I modified the initial post to reflect the proper dates.

One month out.......who's "in"?

C53897CD-AEFF-457E-A1AB-1DF06573E564-1433-000001824245FB00_zpsdbaa4c0b.jpg

32F47908-83DB-4E71-A043-E464ADBF87FF-1433-000001822A06583E_zps3597fd32.jpg

My foot won't be completely healed by then....so I'm not gonna make it.....bummer.

Crawdaddy.. I am in! I am good for Thursday afternoon - Sunday as well. How does the night bike storage thing work at the AVI? I have some vehicle options as well, happy to haul some bikes... But this post looks kinda quiet. Let me / us know, i will need to make a reservation. Thanks

Any insight into tent camping (IE boondocking) in the area, close to the river would be cool? I've never been out that way so I'm clueless. If I get my bike going and dialed in time I would love to join, would probably be a friday night bonzi out and sunday afternoon bail if the stars align. Thanks for the grand tour offer!! :good:/>/>

Edit(10-20-13): The xr is feeling better than ever. Got the engine back together and all seems to be well, rode ol Betsy 30 miles today, forgot how fun it is! wwoOHHHa!