Wow! What a big, diverse group! We had me on the WR, Axel on his new DRZ (with dead battery), Dennis DrZ, Jason hodnett, PaulMBowers on the she-beast, tntmo, his wife and neighbor, kato on his ktm,leo, 650hucker on his new crf250l, Ken cj54x, yeti, and maybe a few more.

Axel drew blood on his shin, Leo had a couple small diggers.

Post pics if you got em

post-122-022606800 1358732101_thumb.jpg

post-122-042248300 1358732129_thumb.jpg

post-122-056572900 1358732182_thumb.jpg

The weather was perfect and the company wasn't bad either. Nice group of folks. Thanks to Bob for letting my wife try out the WR450.

Here she is riding it up the hill.

8399746345_836af97497.jpg

Untitled by tntmo2, on Flickr

She liked the Yamaha power but was not feeling well so she decided to stay on her DR350. Got a few pics of her putting it through the paces.

8399747083_16d747f7a9.jpg

8399751433_80af8be275.jpg

I took my neighbor for a tour of a few of the trails, but the bike I put together last night had a few hiccups so we bailed out and headed back to the truck. Good day!

Now I need to take my son to the track tomorrow and I hope I have the energy to kick his butt.

Chime.

Why so few pics?

Only got two, but I think you'll find they rival the works of some local professionals:

8400862932_eacb8157ed_c.jpg

8400864006_b3bf891f1a_c.jpg

Great looking ride,,,hoping to be out on one of those soon. Getting ever so closer !!! Thanks for sharing

what trails did we do yesterday exactly? trying to figure it out but can't remember everything

map

i had one hell of a time yesterday.

minus the crashes.

bob helped out big time with the coaching.

i was pretty sore when i got home.

need to either get a new bolt for the foot peg and/or take a hammer to bend back the slightly bent tab that it attaches to so that it can freely spring back to its normal position.

lol did anyone get a pic of me stuck in the bushes?

i was shaking out all kinds of plant material out of my pants when i got home.

Hey Leo glad you went, told you bikeslut would take care of you.

he even aired down my tires.

i never messed with the bike from the floor but after my second crash he checked and they were kinda high so he lowered the pressure to a more appropriate level that was still good for the ride back down to santee.

liked how he stressed the importance of standing up.

made me realize that i need to get risers cause the bars are low and make it real uncomfy for any extended standing up riding

Why so few pics?

PMB photo clinic - topics include...just leave it on auto, wait until focus bracket turns green, rotating photos in post, using photobucket, handlebar mounting instructions for the HasselbladH5D-200MS Medium Format DSLR Camera?

what trails did we do yesterday exactly? trying to figure it out but can't remember everything

map

We started at the central parking area known as Four Corners- Paul took a group of you up to Los Pinos, and back down- then we rode trail 1 down to trail two ending at Corral Campground- most of us then took Spur Meadow over to Espinosa/Fire Road to Skye Valley back to 4 corners

I think that was about it... I know some people also rode Kernan Cycle Trail, and Wil and I rode Ranger

Also: we saw dirt diva, bruce and pitcrew out there

Leo- another couple of key points...do NOT grab a bunch of front brake on dirt, and don't target fixate (look at your out, not your obstacle)

Both of which led to both of your and Axel's biffs

One of the things I have always done is keep two fingers on the brake and two on the clutch- this allows you the ability to feather the levers, and still have full control of the bars (I know; totally different from what the MSF teaches)

What Axel did, and what you probably did was all four fingers grabbing that front brake, and down you go

I plan on another noob ride next week...

map

Your map is way too small, try this one.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_MEDIA/stelprdb5276734.pdf

I think the route your looking for is after we passed Corral Canyon campground we went up Spur medow trail (801) > Los Pinos Rd (16s17) > Espinosa Trail(4e03) > Corte Madera Rd (16s05) > Skye Valley Rd to 4 Corners

hope this makes sense

map

Your map is way too small, try this one.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_MEDIA/stelprdb5276734.pdf

I think the route your looking for is after we passed Corral Canyon campground we went up Spur medow trail (801) > Los Pinos Rd (16s17) > Espinosa Trail(4e03) > Corte Madera Rd (16s05) > Skye Valley Rd to 4 Corners

hope this makes sense

nice!

fun trails and still quite challenging at times (for me at least), single track is he funnest thing i've ever done on a bike so far! thanks again for this ride BS, i hope i can join next one as well

Some of us rode the ridge trail as well coolio.gif

and then the highway home:

hwy94990small.jpg

pro pic/rider!

Some of us rode the ridge trail as well coolio.gif

and then the highway home:

hwy94990small.jpg

And some of us rode the ridge trail (with trouble) then kernan, bear valley and pine valley before riding the highway home. Nice pic, who's your photographer?

Leo said "lol did anyone get a pic of me stuck in the bushes?

i was shaking out all kinds of plant material out of my pants when i got home."

Pics are you kidding, I didn't even use my kickstand, that looked scary.

I did get this one though

post-15013-073344700 1358793693_thumb.jp

Here is one of Bronco Flats

post-15013-026184700 1358794150_thumb.jp

and a couple going up 5 right after my nap (it's harder than it looks really)

post-15013-088349200 1358794304_thumb.jp

post-15013-033106200 1358794358_thumb.jp

After we split up I met up with some friends at Bobcat that were ready to do hard stuff. When I said I was too tired their reply was "you've only done 50 miles today. How many miles is the Dash???" sooo we took 1 to 3, over the top and all the way down 5. then we did 4 on the way back to the truck where we said our goodbys and I started the trek back up Kernan and Bear Valley to home

76 miles, 4 of witch were paved. ya... I'm tired too

haha it definely was a bit scary.

i look back and laugh at the fact that i was stuck in the bushes the same way people get stuck when they jump into the snow headfirst and get stuck on youtube videos.

i was more worried about the bike on that fall.

i didnt get hurt in the least bit. well maybe except my pride haha.

the second fall on the other hand i got my knee a bit bothered.

but nothing but a good nights sleep some tramadol and diclofenac took care of 98% of all aches and soreness.

And some of us rode the ridge trail (with trouble) then kernan, bear valley and pine valley before riding the highway home. Nice pic, who's your photographer?

Yeah- you almost had me convinced to do that, too.

But, like this fellow:

CowardlyLion.jpg

I'm both:

1. Old.

2. Cowardly.

and riding Kernan/Bear Valley on a beautiful Sunday after about 10 am is beyond my zone of bravery. There are some pics floating around of a nice KTM torn apart at the headtube from a bike-to-bike collision.

The photographer is one of the Highway 94 guys- motofoto or something. Of course it needed a little "help" in post (no, I didn't change my lean angle) but I was very happy with the image.

That was a fun ride! Unfortunately, as I usually take a ton of pictures, I forgot my camera yesterday. It was great seeing people I haven't seen in a while and getting to meet new people.

Leo, you did very well for someone who doesn't have much experience. I was also impressed by your openness to learning. Now we just need to get you a tire pressure gauge! :heh:

Good times all! Looking forward to next time!

I too enjoyed the ride. It was nice meeting the ones I hadn't met and reacquainting with those I met before!

Thanx Bob.

Dennis