ADV Bum

My new/ old trail beast

In the process of trying to help slagnado look for a bike I heard several people mention the DR350. I did some research I liked what I discovered. I felt this would make a great trail bike. I was going to find a cheap stock and create what I wanted, but in searching I came across this beauty. It was modified almost exactly to what I would do. The bike was immaculate and the mods were done so well it seems like it was done professionally. It looked good in the pics but in person it was amazing. Drove up to Coto de Caza and picked it up today.

P1010182_zps705f9a3f.jpg

P1010183_zpsb7ceff3d.jpg

I had a DR350 about 13 years ago. Great bikes. That one looks nicer than the one I had way back then. Good find. I look forward to seeing it in person.

I bet you'll be posting the next night ride invite. With that headlight you won't need to waait for the next full moon.

Lotsa money in mods on that one! Nice grab.

The money spent on mods was amazing. I tried to decipher what was done with the pictures sent. When adding the prices for the just the parts it came out to much more than I paid for the whole bike. The time it would of taken me to try and create this was mind boggling. I am sleeping on the couch tonight with a cup on and one eye open.

Guest Crusty

Congrats.

Nice find.

Good thing I didn't test ride it for you yesterday, I wouldn't come back.heh.gif

Nice- quite a bit lighter than your BRP, most of the torque and 6 speeds- upside down forks and clean as a whistle...good find

Nice- quite a bit lighter than your BRP, most of the torque and 6 speeds- upside down forks and clean as a whistle...good find

Some of the reasons why I was drawn to it as a DS trail bike. A little brother to the L with weight and transmission advantages. With the mods I would put this Dr around 260-270. The PO could not tell me if the bike has been bored out. The guy before him did all the mods. I know he put the pumper carb on it from the dirt version. Starts really nice with good throttle response.

Nice looking bike! So I take it you will not be getting the AZ bike then?

I use Lone jack rd when I need a quick dirt fix. I would love to see a discussion elsewhere on the other roads, very interested.

A smaller bore DS trail moto is invaluable. Now you have the tool. If you want to know Spooks send me a PM.

RM USD front end, relaced aftermarket rims, dual 4 or 6 inch headlights etc etc

Possible pumper carb? Estart?

Great find Mike, enjoy it!

RM USD front end, relaced aftermarket rims, dual 4 or 6 inch headlights etc etc

Possible pumper carb? Estart?

Great find Mike, enjoy it!

Yes on the pumper carb. Yes estart. He did a really nice job on the electronics. Kept the original suzuki handlebar switches but changed all the lights. Led package all around with the vapor computer with indicators lights. Bar risers with protaper fat bars. The only things I am not sure about are the engine bore, and a stator rewind. When the engine needs rebuilding I will bore(if not done), add kickstart, and oil cooler.

What year is that, 1999? Do you mind me asking what you paid? PM me.

What year is that, 1999? Do you mind me asking what you paid?

The bike is a 96. I ended up paying 2,500.

Hey , I own two of those items, without any of those nice mods. Where do I get the pumper carbs to replace stock ones?

Also, how do you add kickstart. That might be useful one cold morning.

I would have bought it to with all those mods.

I am in Coto all the time. My Brother lives there and I work on his bikes and rip around Coto. I use Oso Pkwy all the way to the end, make a left and check in at the guard shack.

I am in Coto all the time. My Brother lives there and I work on his bikes and rip around Coto. I use Oso Pkwy all the way to the end, make a left and check in at the guard shack.

The guy I bought it from bought it to check on his cabin in the Cleveland Nat Forest. All he had to do was go out Trabucco Canyon rd. The rd washed out 2 yrs ago and the only way to get there was a dirtbike. The bike has very little use and the use it does have is cruising.

The guy I bought it from bought it to check on his cabin in the Cleveland Nat Forest. All he had to do was go out Trabucco Canyon rd. The rd washed out 2 yrs ago and the only way to get there was a dirtbike. The bike has very little use and the use it does have is cruising.

Going out the back of Coto via Rancho Santa Margarita by the Albertsons is a fun way to go to trabuco and down the hill and hit Cooks Corner Restaurant and saloon. My sister lives in Trabuco by the Steak House and also keeps a place for a horse ranch way out in De Luz that is off Clinton Keith West that I have yet to see.

Hey , I own two of those items, without any of those nice mods. Where do I get the pumper carbs to replace stock ones?

Also, how do you add kickstart. That might be useful one cold morning.

I have a bit of experience with DR350's, owned quite a few and helped a few other people find good deals on them.

If you don't already know the godfather of the DR350, he lives in Grants Pass, Oregon and his name is Jesse Kientz. www.kientech.com is the website you want to go to for any and all DR goodies. If you want to call him, be sure you put aside an hour or so because he is always willing to share his knowlege with you.

You can buy a complete pumper carb setup from him, and he will jet it for your altitude and whatever pipe/airbox mods you are running. He also has a nice modified stock pipe exchange deal that works great.

If anyone wants DR350 parts, hit me up because I have a lot of them. I should have a good portion of what you need for the kick start install.

I saw that on CL too, but you were quicker on the trigger. If you decide it's not the right bike for you, I'd like to be first in line...

I saw that on CL too, but you were quicker on the trigger. If you decide it's not the right bike for you, I'd like to be first in line...

I actually was looking at it and talking to him for a month. He had it listed for a higher price in OC. He forced my hand when he dropped the price and advertised in all of SoCal. I am glad I beat you to it. You have enough bikes to ride! :D

I got the bike so I can ride it. Bags, pivot pegz, bar risers, new bars, handguards, fairing, wrapped the header. I know I will need the suspension resprung. Then the motor upgrades will come. Right now I want to ride it so I can appreciate the new motor. Next thing is to get my other bike running.

P1010190_zpsa2c8620e.jpg

Guest Crusty

I got the bike so I can ride it. Bags, pivot pegz, bar risers, new bars, handguards, fairing, wrapped the header. I know I will need the suspension resprung. Then the motor upgrades will come. Right now I want to ride it so I can appreciate the new motor. Next thing is to get my other bike running.

P1010190_zpsa2c8620e.jpg

Looks great, cant wait till you can ride again.coolio.gif

A fairing on a 350????

Are you going to race Dacar with it???

Have a nice day Mike.

Craig.