Eat my dust....!!!! .....as you lap me. 1973? De Anza Cycle Park

FH000016.jpg

Nice jail pants!

hey mimi, did that bultaco kickstart forward?

No.

Looks awkward

The ATV (trike) one haned wheelie with beer in other hand gets my vote for the best foto.

+1

You know you still have that riding stance...........

You mean energy like a coiled spring?

A tiger ready to pounce?

A cobra ready to strike?

Looks awkward

Starting the Bultacos was pretty easy. You just had to be standing on the left side of the bike, and give it a good stab with your right foot. They all started quickly, even the open class models....which was a good thing, because the Bultaco engines didn't incorporate the "primary kickstart" system, so you couldn't start the bike with the clutch pulled in. If a crash or stallout occurred, you had to quickly find neutral before you could restart the bike.

Nobel Drive, University City (1980s - before the ant farms were built)

xl600.jpg

All the pic are so cool,but the 21st pic of Kris's 7th from last, the oil can and the buggy made me go oh yea.

Then were the Coors cans push button, can opener or pull tab?

Sure they weren't pop tops yet.

Gotta beat that kid on the Rickman.

1-21-201311855PM.jpg

I'm DETERMINED to....erm....do something, anyway. Probably just missed a shift on that Sachs engine.

1-21-201311729PM.jpg

Yeahhhh...a DKW! Mine had chrome fenders and a chrome and tan tank. That springer front end worked killer in the whoops! Usd to smoke Pentons. My neighbor back in the day (Bob Hunter) used to race his "Deek" in Baja. He usually did pretty well in the 125 class.

Mimi you probably still fit in those " Leathers".

I wish, but the truth is that I'm two or three sizes larger than that today. <_<

Yeahhhh...a DKW! Mine had chrome fenders and a chrome and tan tank. That springer front end worked killer in the whoops! Usd to smoke Pentons. My neighbor back in the day (Bob Hunter) used to race his "Deek" in Baja. He usually did pretty well in the 125 class.

Yeah, the DKW had almost more chrome than a Harley Davidson. Mine lost the tank, fenders, steering damper and rims, even the stocke exhaust and shocks. I had a fiberglass tank, Akront aluminum rims, a Torque downpipe and Arnaco shocks front and rear by the time the bike was into it's second (and final) season of racing. After that, the stock tank, fenders, exhaust and steering damper were put back on along with a chrome headlight, a tail light and a license plate. Rode it around the back country for a year or two, then traded the bike for a horse trailer.