Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

Town of Ocotillo in Danger by New Windmill Farm

Ocotillo, not Ocotillo Wells.

What matter? It's still a loss. I've camped, moto'ed and enjoyed the stars right under where they are planning that crap. It was a nice secret spot to go to and avoid the masses at OcotilloWells.

The offroad community has another enemy, faceless corporate greed. Once they lease the land it's virtually private property. No trespassing signs and rent-a-cop patrols to chase you away.

Ocotillo, not Ocotillo Wells.

What matter? It's still a loss. I've camped, moto'ed and enjoyed the stars right under where they are planning that crap. It was a nice secret spot to go to and avoid the masses at OcotilloWells.

The offroad community has another enemy, faceless corporate greed. Once they lease the land it's virtually private property. No trespassing signs and rent-a-cop patrols to chase you away.

Just clarifying thats all. I don't like it happening either. Been hearing about this proposed wind farm for a while now. It was always south of 8. How can they do that in a state park?

I think this is different from what is proposed to the south. This one is on BLM land right next to ABSP.

I have had several camping/riding trips out there. Really nice at night for the stars. It is going to ruin the view/atmosphere out there at night. Funny how they keep taking away our places to go, herding us into smaller and smaller places only to go. Then they bitch about the impact we are having on the few places we can go. It seems to be a downward spiral for us!

They already broke ground. I went riding out there monday morning and they had heavy equipment leveling the ground.

http://www.blm.gov/p...552_for_Web.pdf

Area map from BLM Meetings

Assuming there would be no access through area the route from Ocotillo to Dos Cabezas area would be cut off. Mortero Canyon from S-2 and the Volcanic Hills are in ABDSP and unaffected except the VIEW.

In protest, I will go outside and disconnect my meter from SDG&E right now......torch.gifwithstupid.gif

Interesting article Randy. Many allegations of less than standard operating procedures.

So when the power company leases the BLM land they will have the land rights and the BLM will get lease payments?

40 stories tall is huge. Bagstr's map show the windfarm surrounding the town of Ocotillo. I don't imagine the power company allowing OHV, camping, recreation and shooting amongst its expensive turbines.

First powerline project now this, I wonder what will become of the property value/quality of life in town.

I wonder what will become of the property value/quality of life in town.

become?

I wonder what will become of the property value/quality of life in town.

become?

Ahh, it's not that bad...if you put yourself into a third world state of mind. I'd rather have that town there than Palm Springs.

Too bad, the little value they have in scenery will be taken from them.

I don't imagine the power company allowing OHV, camping, recreation and shooting amongst its expensive turbines.

They can't because most people are idiots and would be shooting, defacing, vandalizing and just destroying the equipment. It would not be that bad if the problem people didn't exist. The land could still be open and mostly useable if we would learn to respect other peoples property.

I wonder how much they are leasing the land for? Who gets the money and what is it used for? I find it interesting that the deal is done with Ocotillo Express LLC and not SDG&E.

I wonder how much they are leasing the land for? Who gets the money and what is it used for? I find it interesting that the deal is done with Ocotillo Express LLC and not SDG&E.

This BLM land up north has been locked down and leased for ~50 years for power generation, I imagine the same is instore for our local desert.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/The_Geysers

I've Sneeked into the Geysers before, lots of locked gates and guards. Power for the greater good...? Public property leased into private hands, NO TRESPASSING! Govenment leases are usually a give away.