TrophyHunter

Sunday June 24 - Jamul - Otay - Mother Grundy

Meet AT STARBUCKS PARKING next to Petco/Kohls/Michaels. There is enough space to park and leave a vehicle if you want to truck/trailer in.

Rider Meeting: 8:15 I will have my radio on the ride......maybe.

Kickstands UP: 8:30 It's going to get warm....I'd like to get rolling on time.

There is a gas station on Jamacha across from Kohls just past the Jack in the Box and 7-11. Please fill up if needed prior to arriving. 70 - 75 mile loop.

Proposed Route It may change a little but these are the basics. We will actually be going back to 94 (not ending at "E") so add another 4 miles to the total.

Big bike friendly - I've taken my V-Strom on this route (except Mother Grundy - that'll be new to me). Easy pace but we can break into groups if needed.

Please be prepared with tubes and other necessities if possible by the ride. I'll carry some stuff and we'll getcha home, but it helps if everyone's mostly self sufficient.

Water. We will take a quick break at a store prior to heading up Otay Mtn. They have drinks there.

I maybe interested in this... I have been wanting to do Otay again, this seems like the perfect route...

Count me in! Sounds like a fun loop.

It'd be nice to meet a couple new folks as well.

Looks like fun. I've got to make sure I'm clear on Sunday, if I am, I'm in!

My plans changed and cannot ride Sat. with X-country-Rider on Thomas Mtn so I am in for Sunday with you guys.....I vote we stop for end of ride chow and beer at Brody's or ?

Big bike friendly - I've taken my V-Strom on this route (except Mother Grundy - that'll be new to me). Easy pace but we can break into groups if needed.

From the first post. I've done it on the stock trailwings and also on another, slightly more aggressive tire. I took things a little slower - more cuz I didn't feel like dropping the Strom on all it's plastic bodywork. All in the rider comfort level I guess. I have the 650 with one tooth up on the CS sprocket and it was more than manageable with some clutch work. Bikeslut rode his 1000 Strom and Steelrain rode his GS1200 on Kernan Trail at Corral Canyon.....which is much more difficult than what we're doing tomorrow.

It's not a race, if the rider wants to give it a go, great. The first dirt, Proctor Valley Rd is as level as tar but it's dirt. Might give them a good feel if they want to continue once we get to OTT.

I would but I think I need some sort of California sticker for offload? Also it looks like the movers tweaked a few things on the KLR by being so careful with it on the move SMH

Sounds like a lot more fun than mowing brush. I'll be there.

pinnick85 - Street legal bikes generally do not require off road stickers.

Street licensed bikes qualify for the off road sections as mentioned.

Good to see some folks are comin' out.

If anyone is bringing a radio, plz post up or PM me. I won't gear up with mine unless there's somebody to coordinate with. Thx.

I'd like to join you guys if that's okay.

Tried to make a dual sport map for those of you who use that app. I am not the best at linking all the segments:

http://www.dualsportmaps.com/?link=104831

Looks interesting. Thats a good map if correct. Will the loop be clockwise according to the map?

Counter CW. Map on first post..... A to B to C......

We'll continue past E of course back to 94 then West so we can hit the burger joint Afry is referring to. Riggerdan took those who wanted to go last time but I had other commitments. Look forward to it based on the comments.

What he said. The official map is on the first post. I just tried to trace it into dualsportmaps.com in case you have that app for your Android phone. See you in the morning!

Sounds like a nice scenic ride. I will join you tomorrow. So add another one.

I am in... bike is prepped..

Unfortunately my Yaesu FT 60r radio was stolen out of my truck last night...so I will not be battery operated..sux...