AATA

Suspension Shops

Does anyone have any experience with M&M Off-Road (the old Precision Concepts location in El Cajon). They revalved my Honda back when they were Precision Concepts and I was pleased then. I heard it's the same people or part of and it's close to me, so I wanted to get a couple opinions? Is this true? Anybody have experience with them?

Thank you!

I heard the same thing... same main guy

we also have suspenders (member here) that is in Alpine and people are raving about him. He worked on my WR... I only got a half a lap on it, but it seemed very good after he did work on it

my next challenge for him is the DRZ... and I want it moto ready!

yes they are the same people. Just removed themselves from Precision Concepts.

Unfortunatly, they are still charging the high prices that Precision has been charging.

Depends on the bike.....they are well versed on Yamaha and Honda. I took my suspension from my KTM 690 Enduro and it was a learning experience for them. They gained the knowledge and lots of cash from me.

Depends on what you are needing to be done to your suspension will dictate who to send it to.

yes they are the same people. Just removed themselves from Precision Concepts.

Not sure about who removed who. The reviews haven't all been favorable. Some of us received absolutely atrocious customer service from those people. I went there once, and that was enough for me. Since then, I have stuck with Bob and Diane Bell at Precision Concepts. Yeah, they're up in Riverside, but I call to make an appointment, take my suspension in at 10, go somewhere up in that region for about three hours, then my cell phone rings and it's Diane calling to tell me that the work is ready to be picked up. If I have some fine tuning to do, Bob discusses it very thoroughly, explaining what various circuits of the suspension will do on various surfaces, and how various adjustments will affect the ride. Their work is excellent and so is their customer service. I feel like they show a tremendous respect for their customers. I feel like they are my friends. ^_^

I highly recommend Suspenders in Alpine, treated me right and was very fair with pricing.

Call him.

I also recommend Suspenders in Alpine. He only did my fork seals and oil on the 950, but the service was great and he seems really knowledgeable.

Thank you for the responses. I will talk to Suspenders. I have also heard a lot of good things about Javier at Trail Trick, but even less convenient for me. I'll post back when I decide with some feedback.

I figured I would follow-up on this because my experience with M&M was very positive. Customer service was great, suspension feels better than any bike I've ever owned and I brought my bike in Monday morning and got a call at 2 pm to pick it up. My buddy took his bike in the next day. He's a different weight and is very pleased with his set up as well. Prices were on par with most of the other shops and below places like Trail Tricks.

Took it to Big Bear on Sat. and couldn't be more pleased. Can't ask for much more than that.

I'm looking for someone or a reliable/fair priced shop in North County that can help me with my leaky fork seals! they need replacing, well the left ones does anyway but I'm not familiar with the process... I have the shop manual but have never taken apart a bikes suspsnseion before... Im usually the hands on DIY type but dont want to try this as I have 0 experience with fork seal replacements... Can anyone recommend someone or a shop in the Escondido/San Marcos/Carlsbad/Oceanside area? I can easily ride to the shop/person... Thanks a bunch! Josh

I'm looking for someone or a reliable/fair priced shop in North County that can help me with my leaky fork seals! they need replacing, well the left ones does anyway but I'm not familiar with the process... I have the shop manual but have never taken apart a bikes suspsnseion before... Im usually the hands on DIY type but dont want to try this as I have 0 experience with fork seal replacements... Can anyone recommend someone or a shop in the Escondido/San Marcos/Carlsbad/Oceanside area? I can easily ride to the shop/person... Thanks a bunch! Josh

Don't "just" replace the seals...I made that mistake on my WR, and they blew again within the month

George @ Suspension 101 is who I have been using with great success, but he's down here in Alpine- he is "suspenders" on this forum. He really understands suspension, and is fully aware that word of mouth advertising is the best; he takes great care of our bikes, like we are members of the same club, not another entry on a ledger

Dirt Dame helped me tune and revalve the XR400 forks on my XR250. It turned out great and made a huge difference. The price was very reasonable. I'm sure she can help with fork seals and new fluid. Close enough for you to ride to.

Don't "just" replace the seals...I made that mistake on my WR, and they blew again within the month

George @ Suspension 101 is who I have been using with great success, but he's down here in Alpine- he is "suspenders" on this forum. He really understands suspension, and is fully aware that word of mouth advertising is the best; he takes great care of our bikes, like we are members of the same club, not another entry on a ledger

Agreed. But as mentioned in the posts a few up, ProPrept is in North County and I've used him as well. Good guy...