bikeslut

for leoffensive

DR350S.jpg

what we have here is the original slutbike... 1993 DR350S... it's not the bike I learned to ride on, but it is my first "modern" dual sport, and I bought it for commuting.

it was light years ahead of my previous bikes in terms of road manners... 6 speed tranny showed 100 mph on the clock (closed course, under controlled condition with a professional rider aboard)

12" or so of travel... I added some stuff from the acerbis catalog- big tank, and barkbusters with integrated signals, plus some flush mount lockhart signals on the rear

Corbin seat promised more comfort than it delivered... that was then

now-

fork tubes are rusted and a bit pitted; may be hard to replace fork seals. Fork gators are brittle, but tubes look good underneath

exhaust and parts of the frame are rusted, but not too bad... maybe will buff out

the Corbin is in rough shape... I would suggest re-using the pan, and replacing everything else... maybe Corbin has a deal for this?

anodized bars are faded but look ok

acerbis tank, and most of the plastic look like the roof has been dripping on them.. may clean up, may not

registered non-op, so no back registration

originally, I was thinking $500 sounded fair, now I'm wondering

so- thoughts?

Slutman, my first dualsport was a 1994 DR350. You have the same teardrop lights on the back.

Your's looks just like John Penrose's DR350 (he usually helps out at registration on the Dash), he has a Corbin on his also.

This would be a great bike for leoffensive to start out on. Those motors are bulletproof.

DR350S.jpg

what we have here is the original slutbike... 1993 DR350S... it's not the bike I learned to ride on, but it is my first "modern" dual sport, and I bought it for commuting.

it was light years ahead of my previous bikes in terms of road manners... 6 speed tranny showed 100 mph on the clock (closed course, under controlled condition with a professional rider aboard)

12" or so of travel... I added some stuff from the acerbis catalog- big tank, and barkbusters with integrated signals, plus some flush mount lockhart signals on the rear

Corbin seat promised more comfort than it delivered... that was then

now-

fork tubes are rusted and a bit pitted; may be hard to replace fork seals. Fork gators are brittle, but tubes look good underneath

exhaust and parts of the frame are rusted, but not too bad... maybe will buff out

the Corbin is in rough shape... I would suggest re-using the pan, and replacing everything else... maybe Corbin has a deal for this?

anodized bars are faded but look ok

acerbis tank, and most of the plastic look like the roof has been dripping on them.. may clean up, may not

registered non-op, so no back registration

originally, I was thinking $500 sounded fair, now I'm wondering

so- thoughts?

Perfect!

$500 sound fair?

I sold it for $400 in much better condition, but that's why we call it "bikeslut pricing"

My nx was $500 and look where thats gotten me... In all my accounting courses I've never heard of this "Bikeslut Pricing Economics", leo take it quick and ride the piss out of it because thats a deal and others will jump on it!

As always, if it's not offensive to offer less, I would. But frankly, it's hard to find anything rolling and running for less. I've used Rust Inhibitor on surface stuff with success. Overall a good bike to start out on.

Even if you run into some back fees, I've explained it's not my problem on THIS FORM ...page 2. Just type it up and print it. It doesn't "save" on the site of course. "The previous owner did not register the vehicle while it was in his possession. It was not operational when I bought it and appears it hasn't been in years. Either way, I didn't possess the vehicle while it accrued fees and should not be required to pay back fees on a vehicle I didn't own. The PO evidently didn't pay to file a certificate of non-operation. I shouldn't be penalized for that." Bingo. Fees removed.

I love auctions, I bid $100, yeeep!, do I hear $150?

Actually BS my brother in law is looking to get in cheap, I'll take second dibs if your prospect bails, cash in hand.

I just bought a DR350 for $1200, it came with a bunch of extras but this is a good deal if it runs and is registered, no matter what it looks like.

I have two complete rolling chassis(es?) with fokrs, shocks, wheels, tanks, etc. if you need any parts. I have a set of lowering links somewhere too if you're vertically challenged.

wow that looks better than i expected a bike would look like when sitting outside for a year. i cant pass on this deal. btw i got a hold of the buyer for my rifle so i should have the money in hand next week and if not i get paid on the 15th.

tntmo i will be down to buy spare parts from you. well see what happens. i am about 5'10" so well see when i sit on the bike how it is for me lol.

as far as working on the bike ill do what i can on my own. but being a noob i will probably need help so i dont screw up and make the bike dangerous to ride. if someone has the patience to show/teach a noob, ill pay you for your time and/or buy lunch

haha the seat would be a quick trip to TJ with some good tacos for lunch.

anywho. do you guys recomend i ask for less than 500? i really dont know cause im a noob and i dont wanna be disrepectful.

and once again i am really greatful for everyone who has given me advice and bikeslut for finding me the bike. there are some really stand up awesome people here.

I have a different philosophy about money than most people...maybe that's why I'm poor

I sell things for very cheap or give away for free, because solid relationships mean more to me than a few bucks...I can always make more money

That being said, it doesn't sound like you are swimming in cash, leo....Chris (the current owner) is fairly well off...if you want to offer $300 go ahead... Its more than it will be worth sitting on the side of his house

Let me get it running, and we'll go from there- keep the list I made in the first post, and subtract from $500 from that

I'll PM you when it is idling

I have a different philosophy about money than most people...maybe that's why I'm poor

I sell things for very cheap or give away for free, because solid relationships mean more to me than a few bucks...I can always make more money

That being said, it doesn't sound like you are swimming in cash, leo....Chris (the current owner) is fairly well off...if you want to offer $300 go ahead... Its more than it will be worth sitting on the side of his house

Let me get it running, and we'll go from there- keep the list I made in the first post, and subtract from $500 from that

I'll PM you when it is idling

ok. ill do that.

lol im definitely not swimming in cash. id have the cash now but my mom and pop need help with some money so i need to help them first.

and once again thank you so much for everything your doing for me man. if you need tile my dad is a tile setter and hes good. i doubt i can talk him into doing a job for free labor but i can make sure you get a real damn good deal if you want some tile done. he also works with wood and can make picture frames and stuff.

Thanks for the offer...I know a great tile guy; free labor, and passes on tile at his cost...he borrows a wet saw from hoss, and works whenever it is convenient for me

I totally trust him with a key to my house, and let him sleep with my wife...in fact; he is the father of my kids

Thanks for the offer...I know a great tile guy; free labor, and passes on tile at his cost...he borrows a wet saw from hoss, and works whenever it is convenient for me

I totally trust him with a key to my house, and let him sleep with my wife...in fact; he is the father of my kids

lolololololol

Don't make me break out the "troll spray"

Leo's last name is "offensive"...what's your excuse?

Lurkers- no harm no foul...we're just playin'

Jerk

Just gotta say that this is one of the coolest threads I've ever read. bikeslut; you rock for going to such an extent to make a dream come true, and Leoffensive-it is cool to see your appreciation and willingness to work for this (while still putting your folks first). Just a very cool thread; you don't see this much anymore, which is sad.

Congrats to you both!

-Bruce

Just gotta say that this is one of the coolest threads I've ever read. bikeslut; you rock for going to such an extent to make a dream come true, and Leoffensive-it is cool to see your appreciation and willingness to work for this (while still putting your folks first). Just a very cool thread; you don't see this much anymore, which is sad.

Congrats to you both!

-Bruce

You forgot to mention paul insulting my wife...:lol:

While we're on a bike thread- I have an Eton 49cc quad...need a choke cable...free to a good home...ran 6 months ago, except for the choke business

2T with a tether for killing the engine if the little one gets away (its a 2T...does no good on a downhill runaway...DAMHIK)

Blue- for a 2 to 6 year old maybe...

I have a friend trying to get into off-roading, looking for quads for his kids. If you still have it Bob, I'll deliver it to him.

I'll take a look at the fork legs, if you need one it's yours.

OK- quad is spoken for...

DR350 has a buyer and a back-up... I still want it to start before we go any further.

it DOES have a brand new knobby! That's $100 right there! Unless I steal it for my bike, and put an old trials tire on it... yes... I'm serious :king:

I sell things for very cheap or give away for free, because solid relationships mean more to me than a few bucks...I can always make more money.

DUDE! There is karma all over you! :good: Way to go, BS.