I keep telling myself I want to camp and ride..........

and keep watching the days pass

Considering a big bike adventure (small bikes are welcome-if you can camp off of it)

just want to load up with some minimal camping gear and spend the night outside

haven't put a lot of thought into actual location / skill level - open to suggestions

ideally

roll out Sat AM and ride, making it to the camping destination

roll out Sun AM and ride, making it back safely to where ever we came from

I do not consider myself to be ultra aggressive on the big bike but would like to explore a little and have a good time doing it, so scenery and good company play a big role

Let me know your thoughts and more then happy to help the bike / camping packing process..

Nothing set in stone just looking for some feed back - This weekend would be good for me

PS:

keeping it in the 100/200 mile range I think is smart - unless something looks really good

Great idea....

Sadly I cannot make it this weekend...

I keep telling myself I want to camp and ride..........

and keep watching the days pass

Considering a big bike adventure (small bikes are welcome-if you can camp off of it)

just want to load up with some minimal camping gear and spend the night outside

haven't put a lot of thought into actual location / skill level - open to suggestions

ideally

roll out Sat AM and ride, making it to the camping destination

roll out Sun AM and ride, making it back safely to where ever we came from

I do not consider myself to be ultra aggressive on the big bike but would like to explore a little and have a good time doing it, so scenery and good company play a big role

Let me know your thoughts and more then happy to help the bike / camping packing process..

Nothing set in stone just looking for some feed back - This weekend would be good for me

PS:

keeping it in the 100/200 mile range I think is smart - unless something looks really good

Yuma,the river,Bradshaw trail,Blair Valley,DosCabasas,Coyote Canyon,Glamis,borrego springs,Joushua tree,San Felipe.

I was thinking of doing the very same thing over at Superstition.

There are lots of trails to explore (I've been all over the place and I always find something new).

This would also be within the 200-300 mile range and allow for excellent camping opportunities.

Alas, I have a holiday function early on Sunday...

superstition map mar07.pdf

I'm up for a ride like this but also can't do this weekend. But would like to plan one soon.

Same here

Understandable the dates do not work for everyone, though getting a sense there are a few people interested

I will most likely head out this weekend to get my fix - I will post more details as they develop for those who still might be interested

Unfortunately I am unavailable 12/9-12/21

sounds like we could put a little more thought into it, and come up with something that accommodates the majority

some of the suggestions Ken threw out are tempting and very do-able

I like the sound of early Jan - full moon 01/09

January 7th / 8th would be ideal with potential extension if this gets big

plenty of time to chime in and generate a true adventure, maybe use a few toys you find under the tree

Paul B...

I have an extra set of (Louis Vuitton) camping gear for you

Paul B...

I have an extra set of (Louis Vuitton) camping gear for you

Black?

I'll always be a dirt biker at heart (and once I can slow down a bit, I hope I can join some of you guys for some of these kinds of trips), but this thread reminded me of a trip the wife and I took to Montana a couple years ago to visit her Dad. He let me take out his Harley (it is a converted Police bike) and cruise around Seeley Lake. I'll see if I am smart enough to post up a pic!

I'd rather take my XR and explore, but I can see that some might like this way of traveling!

post-14839-010123300 1322620083_thumb.jp

This is one of my favorite things to do! Count me in.

December looks bad for me...holiday parties and family stuff all month, but January and February look pretty good. Joshua Tree is a fun big-bike destination and the campgrounds tend to be fairly open in January and February.

-B

post-14779-056398400 1322766612_thumb.jp