KTMrad

9th Annual Desert Dash Dualsport Ride Feb. 2012

I'm in, just sent my registration via paypal. I'll be looking for other noob riders to cruise along with. I have limited desert experience, but plan to make it through both days on my trusty lil KLR250. Can't wait to do this ride!!

-Kris

It looks like my buddy probably can't make this ride, he bought a dual-sport this year specifically for the Desert Dash and now is trying to back out of it.

If anyone needs a riding partner, I'm in the market for one. My lack of riding skills is made up for by my lack of social skills.

It looks like my buddy probably can't make this ride, he bought a dual-sport this year specifically for the Desert Dash and now is trying to back out of it.

If anyone needs a riding partner, I'm in the market for one. My lack of riding skills is made up for by my lack of social skills.

I have two riders with me. My son and a friend. You are welcome to ride with us if you want. We have 2 GPS's, 2 Spots and one radio between us, so at least we wont be permanently lost in the desert.

Ride ENTRY IS NOW CLOSED....Please see the Desert Dash Entry UPDATE Post.

What is the easiest way to get GPS tracks for this or previous years Desert Dash? I need to practice with my GPS and I would like to pre-run a couple sections before the event.

What is the easiest way to get GPS tracks for this or previous years Desert Dash? I need to practice with my GPS and I would like to pre-run a couple sections before the event.

Please send me a PM with your e-mail address, I'll send you the tracks.

"Please call the number on the flyer to see if we have any openings left due to cancellations."

Hey guys. I'm looking for the number to call on the flyer, but I can't seem to find it. Can you help?

Thanks!

"Please call the number on the flyer to see if we have any openings left due to cancellations."

Hey guys. I'm looking for the number to call on the flyer, but I can't seem to find it. Can you help?

Thanks!

If you are looking for the Butterfield Ranch, it is on the first page of the flyer (760)765-1463. I just spoke with the guy and he said if you don't need RV hookups and are just tenting or car camping, he will have plenty of space and a reservation isn't needed.

Thanks!

If you are looking for the Butterfield Ranch, it is on the first page of the flyer (760)765-1463. I just spoke with the guy and he said if you don't need RV hookups and are just tenting or car camping, he will have plenty of space and a reservation isn't needed.

Thanks for the info but I was looking for the number(?) to call to pay and register for the ride.

Looking at the future weather forecast, we are looking at a spectacular weekend. Should be cloudy with minor showers at the beginning of the week giving way to sunny towards the end of the week and weekend. Dust should be at a minimum with excellent traction.

Looking at the future weather forecast, we are looking at a spectacular weekend. Should be cloudy with minor showers at the beginning of the week giving way to sunny towards the end of the week and weekend. Dust should be at a minimum with excellent traction.

Getting excited hearing this news. I'm hoping that the ride includes the infamous phone booth, Honda monument, tether ball, etc. I have never been able to find those monuments while riding in AB.

Even though it rained Friday night last year....the riding conditions were excellent!!!

Pinyon Mountain Sunday last year...

Even though it rained Friday night last year....the riding conditions were excellent!!!

You called that rain?? It was so wet on Saturday that we needed a boat at some of the water crossings. :heh:

Sunday conditions were excellent until my clutch and fork seals went.. :angry:

We you recording that with a potato?

That was the best part! Looking for the video of us crossing the many rivers down the washes....it was awesome!

We you recording that with a potato?

Need to update my go pro.....and I have it on the wrong audio setting

What is the deal with the fridge/freezer, Who is taking it out to Butterfield?

What is the deal with the fridge/freezer, Who is taking it out to Butterfield?

Meeeeeeeee. loaded and plugged into my 5th wheel. Same as last year.

and tracy is bringing big coolers to transfer sandwiches for sunday lunch...we didn't want to transport the fridge, standing up in the back of the truck, through the narrows on highway 78 again....was a bit sketchy last year.....tracy, me and covered in dust had an adventure with that.... :lol: