Guest Crusty

Watch GOOFY ride to Denver Co. 10-27-2011

Im gettin waay excessive chain slap. I pulled over and made a stand outta my helmet and rotopax. The snail adjuster is maxed out. It justs get more and more interesting ha

Im gettin waay excessive chain slap. I pulled over and made a stand outta my helmet and rotopax. The snail adjuster is maxed out. It justs get more and more interesting ha

I am calling some buds in AZ to see if they have a chain breaker they can get to you. Basically remove one link and keep rolling.

If the chain is shot the sprocket is probably toast anyway.

I am also looking for some shops nearby.

OK Tim has the info he needs. One of my friends and riding buddy (not to mention former Marine) Works at Cycle Gear Part time.

Just in case, the contact for the Parts/Tools is

2 West Grant Rd

Tucson, AZ 85705

(520) 882-8111 ‎

They know he is on the way.

Crazier or dumber we shall see... I got a link and chainbreaker. I hope to god i dont have to use them. Leaving tuscon now, its ginna be an all night affair.

Home stretch man....thanks for the adventure!!! have some starbucks...

Made it to yuma. From here on out it should be familiar territory.

Just bought 2 five hour extra strengths, candy and a no sugar red bull. My eyes are sticking outta my skull and i feel like a zombie. Ill prob gas in jacumba or golden acorn then its home. I might do a lap around sd to make sure i hit 1000

I should also add that it smells like absolute hell out here

Why does it smell????

Ohhh duh. Cause you're in farmland. Chemical fertilizers and mucho nitrogen. Hope the stench helps keep your eyes open.

Congrats tim!

Would have said that earlier but dozed off on the couch.

Well done, Tim! That is quite the aceiement on a single! All these Iron Butt Guys on their big BMWs and GoldWings got nothin on you!

So- now; my buzzkill moment

How much $ out of pocket for this adventure? I'm not even going to ask if it was worth it- entrtainment value alone is worth it (for us)

So Tim I think you're ready for the Iron Butt Rally. I can connect you with my friend Mark, who was the youngest ever to complete the entire rally (10k miles in 10 days). I think he was 24 when he did it. How old are you? Maybe you can beat his record. ;)

Man, really, you are nuts. I've done those all night rides powered by the energy drinks... I never wish to do those again, if I'm honest. 650 miles was my longest day on a single cylinder machine, and that was about 150 too much for me!

congrats on your achievement and adventure.