Guest Crusty

Watch GOOFY ride to Denver Co. 10-27-2011

when i was thinking about creating a thread to track his progress i had originally thought to name it, " My idiot friend Tim." hahaha

i just got the first text update from tim.

"Its gonna be a long day"

I rode from San Diego to Vegas one time... in riverside county it started getting cold, then I got some freezing rain, then hail.

I was on a ZX-11, with all the rain gear, good wind protection, comfortable seat, and a bike capable of running 140 mph for a full hour... and I was still miserable the whole time

that all being said; when it is all done, he will have a good story and a good adventure ... no matter which route he takes :ph34r:

He's gonna be missing Schweaty Ballz in a few hours.

next update

"hot as balls in arizona"

i told him to enjoy it while he can.

Ah, Quartzsite, garden spot of the universe.

Thanks Ben :) It was fun to create. Now, to figure out how to add MORE features!!!

Goofy took the long way and added another 24 miles on his route otw to Phoenix...hrmmm!!

Itwas coldin flagstaff. Im powernapping at a gas station, just had a crappy bean and cheese burrito. Getting tired so ill be stopping at every gas station to gather myself. Zen buddha says little victorieshold the key to success. Thanks for the support. I took az 95 instead of 85 woops. I will update wherever i end up sleeping at some grimey motel

Goofy on a bike

That Goofy shot is a Great Pic....i think he should use it as his avatar.!!.....Good Luck Tim, it will be memorable, no matter what....Hope the weather cooperates for you.

Man he is still moving east of Holbrook AZ. It must suck out their. I hope he is warm and does not get hypothermia.

I made it to gallup new mexico. It is 32 degrees. I rode the past few hours all under 40 degrees. Cold is a feeling but frozen is my current state of being. Time to soak in a hot bath and contimplate my sanity and future.

In other news my tootsie roll candys are defrosting via the hair dryer. It will be a toasty 27 degrees when i launch tomo. Haha time to see my gears max potential! Wish me lick!

All right Tim ! Do you have a heated Vest ? If not mabey get one for the ride home.

Your Spot is working but I can,t see you on Where Am I Riding. Strega ???

I just turned my spot back on. Time to stretch, hydrated, gear and gas up. I wonder if my spare water bottle on my bike frize over... No heated anything, stock bike except for windscreen and hand guards. Im using the disposable shake hand warmers tho. We'll see how far i get!

map works on FireFox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 9

Got a call from Tim this morning. The bike is turning over but not starting.

It sat out in the cold (about 20 degrees) last night after being obviously running well when warm yesterday. However it makes a screeching noise after a few turns. My F2 used to do that in the cold, so I advised him to move it inside and use a blow dryer to warm it up some.

This does not seem like a jetting issue, the battery cranks the bike, and it was running well last night.

If you guys have any experience post it here and we can get the info to him.

Old pilot trick for cold climates (small plane aircraft engines can be notoriously hard

to start in cold conditions) is to drain the oil out of the engine and heat that up then

pour it back into the engine and then start the engine. May be much faster than

trying to heat the entire mass of the engine block on the motorcycle.

Well that was quick.

Sure enough the oil was so sold it was not flowing. After about 10 minutes in the vending room the bike fired on the first press of the magic button, he let it idle and called me to pass more info. Good Stuff.

Today his day riding is predicted to be as cold as his riding last night, but his hopes are high. I reminded him to keep his head on a swivel, ride well within his ability, and stop often for a warming break. He is using hand warmers on his legs, hands, feet, but there is no reason not to stop and get into a gas station for a 5 minute warm up.

We all know how miserable he is and Tim is surely much colder than most have ever been on a bike... especially a single. However, the sense of adventure this guy has earned him some serious respect; he is a rider I would want riding with me anyday.

Good Luck in your Goofy Adventure.