KTMrad

Next SDAR Club Meeting Tuesday March 15th

While I know I'll be missed, I'm devastated to report I shall be unable to attend.

Do press on in my absence, and I suggest listening closely to Wayne's comments and observations- I'm a fan of his products, and have been so since 1980 something-or-other.

3207.jpg

Nice bags. Are they stock? :heh: (sorry, had to)

I talked to Ranger Tull yesterday and he is planning to join us. See you all tomorrow.

I guess that I won't be able to make it to this meeting either. <_< Maybe see you all at a later meeting.

I think I can make it too.... Penciled "IN"

:coolio: ... what happens at these meetings? Do course cutters get lynched? :torch: :torch: :torch:

Kidding of course.

I need to pay some dues and become a "member", as I've never known how to. Dumb that way I guess.

Callahan's

8111 Mira Mesa Boulevard

San Diego, CA 92126-2601

(858) 578-7892

Dinner / social hour & HAPPY hour - appetizers, beers, drink specials

6pm to 7pm

Meeting 7pm to 8pm-ish

Sounds like a good venue for the meeting.

MAP HERE

I've asked Wayne from Motoport to come down to talk about protective riding gear....Kevlar Mesh and other types.

We'll also be doing Contributing Member renewals and new SDAR contributing memberships.

Just a little under the weather, have to miss this one. :wacko:

Great meeting last night! Met some new people, caught up with some familiar faces. Thanks to Wayne from Cycleport for speaking and presenting his gear for all. I've been a Cycleport advocate for a while, but now the Mistress will soon be sporting the Kevlar (Especially since Wayne had a post crash example of the olympia pants she was wearing that night). Thanks to Randy and Deb and any others that make these meetings happen.

Mike

I have met Wayne (Motoport)several times and I think his gear is the best stuff out there, but there has to be a more tactful way to deliver his point than calling the gear everyone was wearing "crap" (other than his stuff), and embarrassing members. Not that his facts weren't on the money, he just came off a little rude.

Other than that, it is always great to see a bunch of friends and riding buddies, and it was good to see so many new faces also. Welcome all you new guys, good to have you. I liked the venue, the wait-staff was good as well as the food and drink. I would vote to go back, even if parking was a little scarce. :)

Ken

PS, what happened to the Ranger. I thought Richard was going to speak?

CRAP! I could do without the vendors pedaling their stuff (got long). Not the place to argue any of his points. Seems he is use to Gov agencies purchasing his gear and not priced for the common man.

A Motoport jacket has been on my wish list for a while. And yes, it's pricey, but if it lasts twice as long as other gear available and works better then for me it's worth it. I have to agree with Joliet that Wayne could be a bit more tactful. And although I was glad that Wayne took the time to come show us his wares, I have to agree with Bum that it took up a big portion of the time that could have been used to discuss more SDAR stuff. Maybe future speakers at meetings could be given a set amount of time to do their thing.

Guest Crusty

After reading about BikeSluts crash, then this. I will be driving a car more and riding the street less. :coolio:

Thanks to all it was a good meeting. It was great seeing those that I know and to meet those that I did not.

I enjoyed the vendor piece and I actually appreciated Wayne's delivery style but I prefer straight honesty to beating around the bush.

I have an Aerostich suit that I bought several years ago and paid close to $1000 for thinking it was the best gear I could buy for everyday commuting. Wayne did not hurt my feelings by telling me that the suit was "Crap". He backed that statement up by showing "proof" of what he was saying. Now he may or may not have exaggerated some of the speeds, but he showed examples of failed gear, and clearly stated why his gear was better.

I would much rather someone tell me there is a problem with the gear I am wearing so that at least I can make an educated decision on my next purchase.

Again, this is my opinion.. And as we all know opinions are like a$$h***s, everyone has one and they usually stink.. :crazy:

Ride safe my brothers and sisters.. :friends:

I have met Wayne (Motoport)several times and I think his gear is the best stuff out there, but there has to be a more tactful way to deliver his point than calling the gear everyone was wearing "crap" (other than his stuff), and embarrassing members. Not that his facts weren't on the money, he just came off a little rude.

Makes me glad I didn't ride there because I'm sure my aging Teknic jacket would've gotten the comment, "You're lucky if you make it home alive!" :dead:

Anyhoo, I did find the info interesting, if somewhat hyperbolic to his advantage. I never really thought much about what went into making safety gear. There must be a reason why everything I buy seems to melt...perhaps I need to make sure my future gear isn't made from fabrics rejected by Halloween costume and children's pajama manufacturers.

I'm glad I missed it... I hit the ground at 50+ mph in jeans and moto-gear... while I wouldn't suggest anybody else wear the same, you can not be safe on a motorcycle

it's just impossible... it's safer to sit on the couch doing pilates for exercise... nobody gets hurt that way

I could do WITHOUT somebody telling me my Joe Rocket jacket won't hold up to a slide on pavement, knowing my Levis DID, and NEITHER will protect me from the Semi barrelling down on my while I'm laying in the middle of the lane