KTMrad

SDAR Club Meeting at Local Shop or Restaurant

Club Meeting at Shop or Restaurant  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Prefer to Meet at Shop or Restaurant ?

• At a local shop.
    • At a restaurant.

I'd like to know if y'all would prefer a change of venue for SDAR club meeting, do it at a restaurant maybe in Mira Mesa somewhere.

Or, next possible shop to host a meeting might be Fun Bike Center on Kearny Villa Road.

Please vote in the poll above this post.

Thanks !

As long as there is food, I dont care where we have it...( Good Food )

Yeah, I don't really care either as long as there's food. Nice thing about shops is that we don't have to worry about offending (now who would do that??) other patrons. :heh:

If we have it at a restaurant, the seating, tables, food and drink are already there, so less work setting up and tearing down, more time to socialize. We do really need to have a big room to ourselves, just make sure it is a restaurant with a beer/wine license and plenty of parking. (I imagine that will significantly narrow the choices) Ken

If we have it at a restaurant, the seating, tables, food and drink are already there, so less work setting up and tearing down, more time to socialize. We do really need to have a big room to ourselves, just make sure it is a restaurant with a beer/wine license and plenty of parking. (I imagine that will significantly narrow the choices)

Same thoughts here.

OK, one suggestion is Boll Weevil off Clairemont Mesa.

Any suggestions for anything in Mira Mesa ?

I live in Claremont so BollWeevil is nice but we could do Callahan's in Mira Mesa

If we have it at a restaurant, the seating, tables, food and drink are already there, so less work setting up and tearing down, more time to socialize. We do really need to have a big room to ourselves, just make sure it is a restaurant with a beer/wine license and plenty of parking. (I imagine that will significantly narrow the choices) Ken

Agreed :)

If we can keep it at a location around Kearny Mesa it would be easier for us North County guys to come. If we have it in Lakeside or El Cajon that is a bit far to travel for some.

If we can keep it at a location around Kearny Mesa it would be easier for us North County guys to come. If we have it in Lakeside or El Cajon that is a bit far to travel for some.

50-60mi for some east county folk to Mira Mesa

That's cuz you're 60 miles from everywhere ;)

Not the desert. :coolio:

True, you're prolly only 50 miles from Plaster City, hehe.

Then were even because it is 60 miles from Murrieta to Kearny.. :P That's what we get for living in the boondocks I guess. :drinks:

Sorry, I don't drink.... beer or wine.

But.... Full Bar would be most excellent.

And yes we have had things in East County and Kearny Mesa the last few times. If the weather is co-operative (time change soon!) the ride isn't too much trouble. Did I miss the dates?

S

If it's FBC, I am out.

Then were even because it is 60 miles from Murrieta to Kearny.. :P That's what we get for living in the boondocks I guess. :drinks:

I agree; with so many North County/East County folks, a nice central SD location is good... Mira Mesa, Kearny Mesa, etc, freeway close

it is the price we pay for living in the Mountains and close to riding areas (and John only lives THREE MILES or less to Corral Canyon Roger)

South of 56, East of 805, North of 8, West of 67 probably suits the most people

Spyder- bota bag :ph34r:

I thought SDBMW gave us a nice venue.

We can't ask a shop to host every time.

I thought SDBMW gave us a nice venue.

We can't ask a shop to host every time.

The El Cajon chapter of Star Touring meets at Motoworld in El Cajon one Saturday every month. Motoworld loves having them there as they bring in business and the Star riders always know where to meet. Maybe you could do something like that with SDBMW or FBC.

Let me see,so Carguy and I get discriminated against because we choose to live far from ya'll? I vote for East County.

Let me see,so Carguy and I get discriminated against because we choose to live far from ya'll? I vote for East County.

I do too. Lakeside is too far away, but Fun Bike Center isn't :blink: ? If you cut across either Scripps Poway or Poway Rd, it's not that much further.