I plan on trucking out (or ride if it's warmer) to Borrego Springs, unload there and prerun and record Desert Dash routes from there to the Blu In, then back to Borrego via different routes.

I'm thinking about 8:30 - 9am meet at Christmas Circle, unload and ride !

Let me know.

ooooo. So tempting! I think I have some people coming over to ride this weekend though. Dang it.

I'd like to join in. I will be riding from PB. Let me know if anyone else leaves from this area...

Tycho

PS We're talking about Saturday right?

The title says the date....1/8/11.

What are you riding, and can you ride sand ? There will be some sand.....plenty of it.

And I would recommend knobbies...if you don't have them, you'll be struggling.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

I'm in at this point.

Is there a spot to unload at christmas circle?

papa.

Let's meet there, and just drive down the road a ways to the turnoff for the dump on the right, there's a dirt lot we can unload there.

Hey Papa.......it will be like old times, when you came out before the FIRST EVER Desert Dash 8 years ago, to ride with me while I was laying out the routes......except you were pretty new to dirt riding back then ;)

Sounds fun! I would like to join you pending arrival of new turn signal. I'll check in tomorrow if I plan to make it.

Sounds fun! I would like to join you pending arrival of new turn signal. I'll check in tomorrow if I plan to make it.

What kinda candy-ass excuse is that??? :blink::wacko::heh: Hand signals work fine in daylight.....the carnage left behind by the broken off/former turn signal will suffice as factual evidence that there was in fact a working turn signal in that slot at one time.....heck, Randy has a duct taped "Clinton d*ck" left front turn signal on his 950 :unsure: (unless he's fixed it......unlikley :lol: )

I agree with crawdaddy... take some orange plastic bits and put em in your pocket... produce them upon request

Or break the other side too, and attract less attention

I'm in at this point.

Is there a spot to unload at christmas circle?

papa.

Let's meet there, and just drive down the road a ways to the turnoff for the dump on the right, there's a dirt lot we can unload there.

Hey Papa.......it will be like old times, when you came out before the FIRST EVER Desert Dash 8 years ago, to ride with me while I was laying out the routes......except you were pretty new to dirt riding back then ;)

Old times are here again, and I was not papa back then...hope to see you there Randy.

papa.

If there will be some big bikes going, I'd be in for this. Got a little life left on my TKC's. I'd be riding from Penasquitos unless there's a warm trailer to haul the whale.

The title says the date....1/8/11.

What are you riding, and can you ride sand ? There will be some sand.....plenty of it.

And I would recommend knobbies...if you don't have them, you'll be struggling.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

I'm riding a klr 650 and have no sand experience. Did a little bit of trail riding in Cleveland Forest last weekend, but that's about all the off-roading I did so far. And err.. I have sorta trail tires, probable 80\% road. Looks like I'm not ready for this trip, but maybe I just ride down to Borrego Springs to meet you guys, have a cup of coffee and check out the place.

I'm riding a klr 650 and have no sand experience. Did a little bit of trail riding in Cleveland Forest last weekend, but that's about all the off-roading I did so far. And err.. I have sorta trail tires, probable 80\% road. Looks like I'm not ready for this trip, but maybe I just ride down to Borrego Springs to meet you guys, have a cup of coffee and check out the place.

Wise choice, don't think you would have fun with no experience in the sand. But would be nice to see and meet you at Christmas Circle.

If there will be some big bikes going, I'd be in for this. Got a little life left on my TKC's. I'd be riding from Penasquitos unless there's a warm trailer to haul the whale.

Don't know how many or who will show, but I will be on the 950....not sure if riding or trucking yet.

PM sent.......please call me, if you want, you can either ride down to my house near the 52 & 125, or I can pick you up somewhere along 67 near Poway.

Usually would ride out, but will have to dress for cold in morning and evening, but will get warm during the day...so don't want to have to carry the extra warm clothes on the bike while riding during the day.

rough mileage? bailouts?

Maybe 120 miles, bailout wherever, whenever you want. Gas midway at the Blu In.

rough mileage? bailouts?

Gas midway at the Blu In.

You may want to call the blu In as they did not have any gas last weekend. :ph34r:

You may want to call the blu In as they did not have any gas last weekend. :ph34r:

Was that on a Sunday ? Sometimes they run out.

I will be at Christmas circle by 9am.

I ride a KTM EXC450 with 100 mile range.

Bill

Was that on a Sunday ? Sometimes they run out.

It was sunday and a holiday weekend but...someone told me they haven't had gas for a while. I am sure that was just a rumor/lie?? :torch: Let us know what you find out.

NO GAS at the Blu In this weekend, period ! She ran out today.

So, we will ride the extra 11 - 15 miles to the gas station near the Salton Sea if necessary. I won't need to fill up, but you guys with small tanks will. So, we'll add to the ride, plus.....I've never actually ridden into that town.

OR, since we probably will only ride about 80 - 90 miles from Borrego to Blu In and back to Borrego, if you guys can make that without gassing up, that's what we'll do.

NO GAS at the Blu In this weekend, period ! She ran out today.

So, we will ride the extra 11 - 15 miles to the gas station near the Salton Sea if necessary. I won't need to fill up, but you guys with small tanks will. So, we'll add to the ride, plus.....I've never actually ridden into that town.

OR, since we probably will only ride about 80 - 90 miles from Borrego to Blu In and back to Borrego, if you guys can make that without gassing up, that's what we'll do.

THIS RIDE IS A GO..........Hope to see some of you out there !

Changed my plans to go to san diego, (live in borrego) so I am in, I don,t like sand either but can ride it. Just rode from el centro to canyon sin nombre then down the dropoff today and it was beautiful out, t shirt weather, tomorrow is supposed to be the same weather. Look for the guy with the 5x size helmet. Its only about a 30 minute shot across pole line road to the arco in salton city if anyone needs gas. alyeska