Would love to do this ride, but I will be a little busy with a small gathering of aircraft in El Centro that weekend. The one weekend per year that my boss says no!

You might want to swing north about eight miles and catch some of the action.

KTMrad and I worked out some dates and I think this will finallly happen this year.

NEW DATES MAR 12 13 14

Dates are finally set. I hope some of you that expressed interest can still make it.

Meet up will be at Silver Strand State Park 9AM. From there we ride East to Tecate for gas and lunch. Then more East to Ocotillo for gas (if needed) then East again to Calexico for the night. I'll look into a few hotels and post up what I can find.

In the morning we gas up and head east to the Duner's Diner for early lunch and then Eastbound through the dunes to Winterhaven for gas. Afterwards it's Northeast to Picacho Park for pictures. Then South to Yuma for the night. Last time we rode into town with no idea where to stay and found a decent motel, it was rough but it worked.

The next morning we gas up for the longest leg of the trip and my favorite. This leg will test your gas range, ~120 miles from Yuma to Brawley through some of the deepest sand I've ever ridden for gas and lunch. Then next leg is from Brawley around Superstition Mt to Ocotillo for gas and a quick dinner. Then we ride dirt routes paralleling S-2 eventually leading to Banner and then slab it home. There is a gas station in Julian but I've found they have odd hours for a gas station. The next real station is in Santa Ysabel.

Hope to see you there.

There's been some talk of longer multi-day trips. I'd like to this again. Maybe in Dec or Jan.

Hmmm. Might be able to do this....

I am out of town the weekdays before... but maybe I can get in, I really want to do this one.

Well everyone is invited so please try to make it.

If you're questioning your abilities for the ride, there are 4 big threads (2 informals and 2 reports) regarding the terrain encountered along the way. Please take a gander at them and see if you can make it. The route parallels I-8 for the first two days and if you want to come along and test yourself and take a bailout home there are many available points along the way. Day three seems like a real high speed blast home, but we had breakfast in Yuma at a Jack in the Box at 6 AM and had lunch in Ocotillo around 1230ish. We kept a good pace but also got stopped by the cops in Glamis, had to circumvent a bombing range, had to deal with sandstorms and still made had plenty of time to do Dos Cabezas, Canyon Sin Nombre and Orriflame.

So who else is going ? So far, it's Pasta and I.

Anyone else ?

It's coming up in a couple of weeks.

Anyone else ?

Right now I am 95% in. As always work could extend a day or two and if that happens...

Agreed. Anyone else?

Steel and anyone else with heavy equipment, I know Randy will ride his 9fitty but this isn't a big bike friendly ride (unless you're KTMrad.) The sand in the washes East of Imperial Dunes is deep and the washes get narrow. There is also a reasonably challenging rock garden in the All American Girl Mine area in Obregon, CA. It'll be a challenge, three days of riding always is, but it'll be worth it. It's a blast everytime.

Jon, you have any links to those write-ups you talked about ? I searched and looked thru reports, can't find one on Beach to River.

thanks.

Here's the write ups.

Thanks Jon.

Doesn't look tougher than anything I've done on the 950 so far. The sand will be a workout, and maybe get stuck a few times, other than that should be fun !

The sand mixture by the river was some of the deepest, loosest wash sand I've ever ridden in. It'll be a workout, but should be doable. It's all about going fast and staying on top.

Wish I could be there pasta. . . I was really hoping to make your ride this time, but it looks like I will miss it again. My bike is still disassembled. I should be back up and running in a few weeks though. Have a blast guys and don't be mad because I hate you :dead:

Jon

I am IN if I'm around. I schedualed vacation this weekend to do a track day at Chuckwalla and it sold out weeks ago :heh: Chances are looking good I will be around though. I will take the KLX250 again.

So who else is going ? So far, it's Pasta and I.

Anyone else ?

It's coming up in a couple of weeks.

Change the date... and I'll be ALL OVER IT!! :coolio:

That weekend is the San Felipe 250 race, and I've been asked once again by SCORE to work it.

... I can't say no to a free weekend in San Felipe!! Especially when there's a race to be seen!!

Have a good ride fellas, it's perfect weather for it.

Change the date... and I'll be ALL OVER IT!! :coolio:

Work sucks.... I am out, again.

Work sucks.... I am out, again.

Yeah, tell me about it. I have missed out on this ride three times due to being out of the area. Oh well, good pictures and ride report are sure to be posted.

While I've really been looking forward to doing this ride, even if it was only Pasta and I...I need to bail, since I feel it's important to deal with the Anza Borrego State Park issue of damaged trails from the Desert Dash. I am going out on Sunday to survey the trails they mentioned.

Hey Jon, sorry to bail....but we talked about this on the phone, and you understood the importance of the ABSP issue.

I hope to do this ride with Pasta and others in the future.

Well that blows. I guess we're off for this weekend. I might be able to do the 25th - 27th.

I will still be riding this weekend. Somewhere long distance maybe Sunday and Monday.

I might be able to do the 25th - 27th.

there is a bikepacking trip to the river already planned for that weekend. You could jump on that ride.

Jon-

Sorry this has spiraled out- I know you were looking forward to it,and had spent a lot of time planing.

Jon, called you and left a message...to do this on the weekend of the 26th like you mentioned, but you said Julie's already planning something for you that weekend.

Let me know !

Jon, called you and left a message...to do this on the weekend of the 26th like you mentioned, but you said Julie's already planning something for you that weekend.

Let me know !

I'd get in on that... it could be my last ride out west.

Let me know !

I'd get in on that... it could be my last ride out west.

??????

??????

Might have to move to NY for work. Hopefully I can stay here. I have missed this ride to many times to have to never get to do it.