KTMrad

SDAR Ride out of Goldpoint, NV Ghost Town

Date not confirmed yet, but I think we'll shoot for May 14-15th, 2011.

Possibly a 3 or 4 day weekend for going up and back and 2 days of riding.

Bagstr is Up for the effort.

1034363429_WD6pS-L.jpg

More of this..

1034362004_f3Ck3-L.jpg

And this??

Ride date is set for May 14 - 15th, 2011.

It is about an 8 hour drive, so you probably want to make it a 4 day weekend. Make your reservations now ! Probably need to reserve Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights. If you want to get up there earlier and/or stay longer, that's all up to you. The main rides will be on Saturday & Sunday. My friend who lives in Bishop, will have some special, secret singletrack to take us on. The rest of the routes should be good for any type of bikes, including Adventure Bikes. Some sand and rocks involved. As always, people should have some experience riding off-road. GPS and maps will be provided. Riders should partner up with people in small groups of 3 - 6 people and will be responsible for each other. This is a self-guided ride of surrounding mountains, desert, ghost towns and old mines / mining camps.

All costs of lodging and food go to support the renovation, maintenance, and to help keep the old ghost town alive.

Accomodations are in original town buildings, renovated slightly for modern needs:

Cabins: 1 full size bed, 1 full size pullout couch. No water, showers are in main guest house or in outside shower building.

$99/night first 2 people, each additional person $20.

1 Large Guesthouse: only available if his maintenance guy is not living there that weekend, sleeps 5 or 6 people, has shower and kitchen amenities.

$199/night first 2 people, each additional person $20.

Full cabin with running water: sleeps 2 guys or 2 couples,

$139/night first 2 people, $20 each additional person.

11 RV sites with electric plug-ins: no running water, but you can fill up your water tanks with on site hose. Shared sewers for 2 RV's, or dump at station when leaving.

$15/night.

One on-site Trailer: sleeps 2 guys or 2 couples.

call for price.

Sheriff Herb Stone can cook dinners and breakfasts for us.......$9.00 per person for breakfast, $15.00 per person for dinner......all you can eat !

If you have any more specific questions about anything at the town, ask Sheriff Herb Stone by calling the number on the website......775-482-4653

------------------------------------------------------

More info about the lodging from previous post.....

Accomodations are as follows:

•4 regular cabins that can sleep 2 couples, or 2 singles......(4 guys if you want to cuddle).

•No running water, have porta-potties.

•1 luxury cabin with running water - same number of people.

•1 trailer, sleeps 2 or 2 couples.

•Optional other house with 3 beds, if his friend is not staying there that weekend.

•His house is open for everyone to use for showers.

•RV Park with 10 spots, 30 amp service for each, with sewer.

•Tents can camp next to RV's.

•RV Park has 2-stall shower (must be warm enough for use so pipes don't freeze).

Right now, Herb has no groups staying at Gold Point that weekend. So, make your reservations soon.......first come, first serve basis.

But, he DOES have SDAR down on the calendar for that weekend, should any other groups call him. But it's still first come, first serve for reservations.

If you're interested in doing this, please post a reply.....so we can keep track of people, and also let Sheriff Herb know how many might be going.

Thanks !

I am IN for bike camping at least two nites. Don,t know if it will be Fri -Sat or Sat -Sun . Or mabey Fri-Sat-Sun don,t know yet.

Put me on the bike camping list.

Ken Kugel " KUG "

I'm in...

I booked the cabin WITH the running water last week. :ph34r: (will be interested to split the cost with 2-3 others..about $50/night/person...)

Herb said he would do meals for all of us...will organize that when closer....sounded worth the money to not hassle food....

Go to THIS POST from my Nevada Boom Town Ride write-up to see some of the areas we'll be exploring......

• Sylvania Mine and Ghost Town
  • Gold Point, NV....living ghost town (we're we'll be staying and where the ride starts)
  • Death Valley is close by
  • Special singletrack trails in the area

I will get more info on places to see, and my friends Dale from Bishop & GPS Kevin will be helping me out with ideas for the area.

Make your reservations at Goldpoint for the cabins and RV Spots now !

IS this Dual Sport bikes, adventure bikes or do you even need to be street legal?

Both dualsport and adventure, must be street legal since some stuff may go to Death Valley.

Supposed to be near Paradice CA for family thingy then, will see if I can break away. Will have the toys with. :ph34r:

I'm in...

I booked the cabin WITH the running water last week. :ph34r: (will be interested to split the cost with 2-3 others..about $50/night/person...)

Herb said he would do meals for all of us...will organize that when closer....sounded worth the money to not hassle food....

Not only does this ease your hassle, the food is the best. That Herb can really cook! It looks like I'm gonna have to miss out on my mid-April event so I may join you guys for the May weekend. Gotta get my Sheriff Herb food fix.

I'm in...

Still have room in the cabin? I'll pony up if I can go.

Got a message from Herb out at Gold Point Today......a little less than 2 months out....He said I was the only one who had called for a reservation so far!.........no big deal, but if you're going, might want to think about that.....

Another thought:

He said he would organize group meals for us...as shared previously, reasonably priced, and I hear they are good from those who have been before....but we'll need to give him a firm number a couple weeks before....

RIDE IS POSTPONED TIL FALL this year or SOMETIME NEXT YEAR.....

talked with randy who asked me to post because he's out of town.......we only had about 4 of us for sure, so we'd like to wait til we have a bigger group.....we'll shoot for fall...

it's a long haul up there.....

Ok then. Yes it would have been long haul.

dsFox and I talked on the phone, and due to lack of commitment and other various factors, we have chosen to POSTPONE this ride until fall this year, OR until next year sometime.

Who knows, I may still go up there sometime this summer.

Randy,

Yes, I was one of the Lurkers waiting to see how my scheduled worked with this trip. I was under the impression many of the cabins were booked,,wrongly I guess. Let me know if you do the trip,,, I could tag along. That Mid-Nevada stuff is Wild America!

Dave