Ride-Orange

Post St. Paddy's Day Ride, March 18

Just booked a campsite at the Laguna Campground:

Laguna Campground

This is a nice campground with hiking/biking trails if you want to take the family and bond on Friday/Sat.....so you can work the hall pass/ride on Sunday!! :D .....I think it's only ~20-30 miles to get over to the Pine Valley/8 Fwy exit from the campground via Sunrise Hwy.....

Sooooo......I may ride across Sunrise Highway Sunday morning with my son and join in the fun........or sleep in and hike/mtn bike (again) on Sunday with my girlfriend and her son on Big Laguna/Noble Canyon....we'll see....taking all the bikes in the toybox (with and without motors) and leaving all options open......

With regards to mtn biking/hiking with the family.....Big Laguna is a good trail to ride and not overly challenging so it’s well suited for beginning riders (relatively flat/scenic/mellow)……there are other “spin off” options and the upper part of the Noble Canyon Trail are nearby if you want a bit more of a challenge….. see links below for photo’s/trail description:

Mtn bike Bill - Laguna

Laguna info

Big Laguna info 2

Just booked a campsite at the Laguna Campground:

Laguna Campground

This is a nice campground with hiking/biking trails if you want to take the family and bond on Friday/Sat.....so you can work the hall pass/ride on Sunday!! :D .....I think it's only ~20-30 miles to get over to the Pine Valley/8 Fwy exit from the campground via Sunrise Hwy.....

Sooooo......I may ride across Sunrise Highway Sunday morning with my son and join in the fun........or sleep in and hike/mtn bike (again) on Sunday with my girlfriend and her son on Big Laguna/Noble Canyon....we'll see....taking all the bikes in the toybox (with and without motors) and leaving all options open......

With regards to mtn biking/hiking with the family.....Big Laguna is a good trail to ride and not overly challenging so it’s well suited for beginning riders (relatively flat/scenic/mellow)……there are other “spin off” options and the upper part of the Noble Canyon Trail are nearby if you want a bit more of a challenge….. see links below for photo’s/trail description:

Mtn bike Bill - Laguna

Laguna info

Big Laguna info 2

Mount Laguna is nice, I called it home for a time. It is only 9-10 or so miles from post office to PV, another 5-6 to Laguna campground.

Ok, my son and I are now officially "in" for Sunday.....

Just picked up my son's YZ 400F from the shop tonight........a small piece of the throttle valve broke off inside the carb (somehow....metal fatigue?) and got sucked through the intake valve....then wedged between piston and cylinder which is why the kick starter froze......but no major damage to anything besides my wallet :ph34r: .........new valve, piston ring, cam chain tensioner, gaskets, etc. and a boat load of labor later it's good to go......

I plan on being out at Kernan this Sunday to test it/break it in with my son......we'll ride over from the Laguna Campground......also need to test my son's knee (he had surgery in December and has only ridden in Glamis once since).......so we'll be bringing up the rear........don't wait for us.......

Need to make sure the bike and the boy are both fit for the Death Valley 350 ride the weekend of March 24/25....Any other SDAR folks signed up for that ride? We're going with a few other friends again this year that we attempted to ride it with last year (I had mechanical problems early on the first day which knocked my son and I out of day one but drove my son to Beatty that afternoon so he could ride back with Da Boyz on day 2)....pretty sure it's sold out at this point.....e-mail/call Jerry Counts or check the District 37 message board if you're interested...

Here's the ride Flyer:

Death Valley 350

Pyrocam to the white courtesy phone... You should bring your video set up for kernan cycle trail from Corral Canyon Road up to 4 corners... that would make for good viewing...

YES ! ! ! I'll be there ! ====> 8:30am, Pine Valley Exit this Sunday 3-18

OK boyz, I'm in.....I'm flying up to Lobby Day Monday morning with San Diego Off Road Coalition folks, so that means I can RIDE with y'all on Sunday !! The SDORC Prez even told me...go ride on Sunday and join us on the flight Monday morning :D

Yeehaw.....my foots feelin' good and I'm ready to rock !! Yes, we'll be riding some rocks !! :D

I have room in my truck for 1 other bike, I'm off the 125 and I-8.....did I hear someone say Lemon Grove ??

Let me know....PM me with your phone number if you need a ride.

OK... so how many peoples we talkin? Startin' to sound like a large group... I think I will truck up to kernan mid point, and avoid the Bear Valley Dust... I will see some of you up inside Corral Canyon...anybody want to tag along, send me an e-mail...

Reading and chiming in. Cast comes off my arm next Wedensday. Need to check with Doc and make sure the titanium plate is fully fused to the bone before attemping to off-road again.

Reading and chiming in. Cast comes off my arm next Wedensday. Need to check with Doc and make sure the titanium plate is fully fused to the bone before attemping to off-road again.

Paul, you can still come on this ride with us, with your cast on.....ride bitch on the back with someone :lol:

Paul, you can still come on this ride with us, with your cast on.....ride bitch on the back with someone :lol:

Sure I could take pictures! Who is sprung for an extra 245 lbs on the back? Thanks but I Think that I will wait.

Posted Image

I will try to swing by to check with all you prior to this ride.... maybe I'll join you guys for this ride... I'm going to be doing some solo riding tomorrow to see how this bike feels on dirt...

Guys; Anyone who wants to can park their truck / trailer at my place :) and scoot up to the meeting place with me tomorrow morning on the 8.

I'm in Lakeside so it's a quick ride from my house to the meeting place.

If you want to park your rig at my casa just PM me if you don't already have my ph# or address.

Aaron

Guys; Anyone who wants to can park their truck / trailer at my place :) and scoot up to the meeting place with me tomorrow morning on the 8.

If you want to park your rig at my casa just PM me if you don't already have my ph# or address.

Aaron

Have any more free stickers?

Aaron

Sure! I save 'em for special occasions.

Sure! I save 'em for special occasions.
Got any big ones?? :)