Joliet

K Kug

Rex

Fake Name

Bike Slut

T Hunter

Bagster

Papa Alex

Please chime in if you're listed here and will or wont be making the ride or if I missed you. And in addition,to the guys on the list that seem to have alot of great rides planned around the weeks leading up to or after this ride that are sort on the fence based on your other opportunities I will respectfully ask you to commit to this ride by 10/2/2010 or pull out to allow some guys that aren't as fortunate as you to get in on this one. I would love to have everyone thats interested join in but just can't work for the type of ride planned.

Entry is now closed!!

This is going to be fun . Glen puts on a great ride.

I will be on a 2009 Husky TE510 with a large tank and lots a tools..

And you'll also be sportin a big freakin grin at the days end!

And you'll also be sportin a big freakin grin at the days end!

Sweet... :heh:

I would like to join in. Please consider 3 groups of five riders. (??????)

I would like to join in. Please consider 3 groups of five riders. (??????)

three groups of five riders, one guy (me) knows the trails. How would that work out?

I am doing a more traditional type dualsport ride on Oct 17th from my house. Destination unknown but kickin around goin up through Hinkley to the Husky Monument, then down to Kramer Junction for lunch and fuel. Out of Kramer to Helendale then back to Apple Valley. But I have another 10 days to decide what the ride will be.

The ride on the 6th is more of a trail/offroad ride in a place I usually ride my 2stroke.

Our family's calendar is linked electronically, and we regularly add things- business and personal. I added this ride when it was initially posted to the calendar to reserve the time. This morning's conversation:

indrasmallleft_bigger.jpg Well, I see you've scheduled a ride on our anniversary.

bio_pmb-1_bigger.jpg Uh. Yeah, I guess so...

indrasmallleft_bigger.jpg Oh. I've made reservations at Addison. You can be there IF YOU WANT.

bio_pmb-1_bigger.jpg Oh, of course- I'll be there, hunny!

So- I'm out of this ride....

I vaguely remember SOMEONE responding to my "I can't ride around the Grand Canyon - it's my anniversary weekend" with "celebrate it early...? late....?" :coolio:

Back to Glenn's normally scheduled ride. :)

Our family's calendar is linked electronically, and we regularly add things- business and personal. I added this ride when it was initially posted to the calendar to reserve the time. This morning's conversation:

indrasmallleft_bigger.jpg Well, I see you've scheduled a ride on our anniversary.

indrasmallleft_bigger.jpg Oh. I've made reservations at Addison. You can be there IF YOU WANT.

well this proves ONE thing...

damn dude... you married "up"!

well this proves ONE thing...

damn dude... you married "up"!

Well was it really possible for him not 2?

Harsh, "Covered in Hostility", very harsh.

Feel the luv buddy! Gonna miss your singing in Baja.

Covered in ?

Looks like I'm changing this back to the longer more dualsport oriented loop. That way way more can participate, and we can split into a couple groups if needed. No gps tacks available so its a follow the leader type ride. Lots of fun and scenic roads and trails.

8:00 am startin Apple Valley

Confirmed riders list:

Hobie

Hoss

Joliet

K Kug

Rex

Fake Name

Bike Slut

T Hunter

Bagster

Papa Alex

Please chime in if you're listed here and will or wont be making the ride or if I missed you. And in addition,to the guys on the list that seem to have alot of great rides planned around the weeks leading up to or after this ride that are sort on the fence based on your other opportunities I will respectfully ask you to commit to this ride by 10/2/2010 or pull out to allow some guys that aren't as fortunate as you to get in on this one. I would love to have everyone thats interested join in but just can't work for the type of ride planned.

Entry is now closed!!

I was going to bring the Husky TE510 for a more technical ride, but if it is going to turn into a dualsport ride, I will bring the DRZ adventure bike. Just depends on what the ride is going to be.

Last time I went out to the Husky monument there were many miles of whooped out trails.

DRZ range 200+ miles. Husky range 90 miles.

Not goin to the husky on the 6th, but I will make a stop there on this Sundays ride. I'm going the back way so not so much on the whoops. This Sunday comin up ride is really easy, the ride on the 6th a bit more challenging. The ride on the 6th will have gas every40-50 miles. Route challeges will be dependant on who and how many show up,and the basic skill level of the group. I can make any required changes to the route on the fly. The route on the 6th is Apple Valley to Helendale, Hinkley, Barstow, Lucerne, Foothills, Apple Valley.

Please be free do ask for any clarification on any of my confusing crap!

Confirmed riders list:

Hobie

Hoss

Joliet

K Kug

Rex

Fake Name

Bike Slut

T Hunter

Bagster

Papa Alex

Entry is now closed!!

I was going to bring the Husky TE510 for a more technical ride, but if it is going to turn into a dualsport ride, I will bring the DRZ adventure bike. Just depends on what the ride is going to be.

Last time I went out to the Husky monument there were many miles of whooped out trails.

DRZ range 200+ miles. Husky range 90 miles.

The husky will probably be fine for this ride. Aint goin to the husky.

Not goin to the husky on the 6th, but I will make a stop there on this Sundays ride. I'm going the back way so not so much on the whoops. This Sunday comin up ride is really easy, the ride on the 6th a bit more challenging. The ride on the 6th will have gas every40-50 miles. Route challeges will be dependant on who and how many show up,and the basic skill level of the group. I can make any required changes to the route on the fly. The route on the 6th is Apple Valley to Helendale, Hinkley, Barstow, Lucerne, Foothills, Apple Valley.

I have been wanting to take one of my Vintage Huskys to the Monument since the last ride we did there a couple of year ago. I have a Green Stickered 79 Husky 390 WR. Will this bike be legal for this ride?

I have been wanting to take one of my Vintage Huskys to the Monument since the last ride we did there a couple of year ago. I have a Green Stickered 79 Husky 390 WR. Will this bike be legal for this ride?

I assume you'll be encasing it in concrete there?

heh.gif

I just can't resist. I'm so sorry. I crack myself up....

no, street plated only

Out of this High Desert Technical ride. WR is going on the chopping block. Slut has first dibs. Insurance bills are hard to take.