DRZ_400Pilot

Hello From Camp Pendleton

My name is Jayson and I am a Marine originally from Texas. I am married with 2 wonderful kids. I rode dirt bikes for a few years about 11 years ago hahaha and always wanted back on a bike. After doing some research I went out and got a 2009 DRZ-400S, I have put about 220 miles on it so far and I enjoy the fact that I can run it on the highway and then find a trail or what not and continue on the adventure.

welcome to the club... from a DRZ rider from Texas to another

We have lots of trails, but most are not real close... a few are B)

Welcome Jayson! Couple other Marines from Pendleton on here....both related to me. (but they're Marines, so at least something in their life is positive ;) )

We try to do a lot of riding here..........and usually smile doing it.

Welcome Jayson! Couple other Marines from Pendleton on here......

And a active duty USAF guy (DigDug) from Pendleton...go figure! :blink: :blink:

Welcome to the club....finally cooling off, so our local riding can pick up a little more....(it was kind of HOTTTTT inland for a while there).....of course at camp Pendleton, you enjoy much cooler weather.....try to make it to trophyhunters maintenance day on Sept 25th, great way to meet alot of people from the club....ps: THANKS for your service....:)

welcome to the club... from a DRZ rider from Texas to another

We have lots of trails, but most are not real close... a few are B)

+1 on the welcome from one Texan DRZ rider to another...

....try to make it to trophyhunters maintenance day on Sept 25th, great way to meet alot of people from the club....ps: THANKS for your service....:)

While I'd appreciate the help setting up on the 25th, I'm not firing up the BBQ 'till the 26th (luv ya deb...;) )

welcome to san diego my friend and congrats on the drz purchase...very versatile bike...unlike fakey i recommend you ride with bikeslut, but get a petcock protector before you go :coolio:

inside joke there sorry...welcome

Hey Jaysen,

Welcome from a fellow DRZ'er. I work for a contractor in the 22 area and ride my DRZ to work everyday from Temecula. Let me know if you want to go for a ride on the trails up here. And speaking of trails, you wouldn't happen to know of any we could ride on base?

Baron

Welcome Jayson. I also have a DRZ and have spend some time humping around Pendleton. Thumper Talk is probably your best DRZ recource. I recommend this skid plate to be the first mod you purchase. http://tonnsfabrication.com/

Look forward to riding with you, feel free to shoot me a pm anytime. :) Ken

There are lots of dirt roads on Pendleton and some of them are really chewed up tank trails that would be fun to ride. I used to work on Pendleton and liked to explore the more remote areas every once in a while. 8 years ago, all you had to do was know where you wanted to go and ask the game warden if that area was open. Don't skip that last part. I went exploring without asking one time and was hanging out up in the Case Springs area when there was a very loud boom. They shoot large weapons at the side of the mountain that Case Springs is on top of. I got out of there pretty fast. I still have base access if anyone else with base access wants to do some exploring.

We're gonna need to see a pic of that DRZ and make sure it's in the SDAR approved ALL BLACK setup. :) j/k

Welcome to the group!!

We're gonna need to see a pic of that DRZ and make sure it's in the SDAR approved ALL BLACK setup. :) j/k

Welcome to the group!!

I tried to upload a PIC but it was to large. But to give you a heads up it is all Black.

I tried to upload a PIC but it was to large. But to give you a heads up it is all Black.

You'll fit in well here :)

It may be all black, but it is way too clean! Are you one of those guys that washes it regularly? :unsure::wacko:

Well I finally figured out how to post a dang picture, so here is the proof my bike is all Black.

post-14229-020008800 1283622920_thumb.jp

That is pretty... when you are ready to uncork it, bring it to a tech day... I have a keintech fuel screw for it, free... as long as I don't have to walk in to a post office to mail it

That is pretty... when you are ready to uncork it, bring it to a tech day... I have a keintech fuel screw for it, free... as long as I don't have to walk in to a post office to mail it

Thank you I might just have to come to tech day to meet everyone and say hello.

Thank you I might just have to come to tech day to meet everyone and say hello.

careful- some of these guys are WiseAcres