Spaugh

ktm 380

I picked this bike up off craigslist this weekend. Its a 2001 380 with about 10-15 hours on it. Other than needing some new fork seals, its in almost show room condition. Seat and tank are off for jetting adjustments.

Its got a plate and it hauls the mail :)

4918109389_279f1c365c_z.jpg

4918109409_9a360c5e65_z.jpg

4918109421_845937e86f_z.jpg

you absolutely suck....i now hate you...

those were great bikes. nice mix of big bore power but 250 feel...and plated...dang what a score...

i dont really hate you :)

jealous i guess

i used to ride/race a kx500..awesome bike...but what a beast..then i rode a 380...way more controlled but still plenty of power and easier to ride

congrats dezXr

you absolutely suck....i now hate you...

those were great bikes. nice mix of big bore power but 250 feel...and plated...dang what a score...

i dont really hate you :)

jealous i guess

i used to ride/race a kx500..awesome bike...but what a beast..then i rode a 380...way more controlled but still plenty of power and easier to ride

congrats dezXr

thanks kelly!

Nicely done! Baldbeemer had his KDX200 out at Corral today. He kept commenting on the light feel and fun riding.

Wish I could have one of everything but time, money & space keep placing limits on my desires.

dez..the hit is definately more than a 300....to calm the hit down but not rob the top...look at adding flywheel weight. that often pull out the power a little more linear and softens the hit but doesnt change actual power at all....

fairly cheap to do usually

the bike is coming along. I got a dual sport kit real cheap from rockymountainatvmc.com under the tusk brand. Just need to mount the blinkers and tail light\ plate and I'm ready for a dual sport ride.

4975354239_a8423458ee_z.jpg

man that think is looking so sweet... i wanna see that ride in action soon

that shouldn't be a problem, I'm going to take it out this weekend and get the suspension and jetting\powervalve dialed in. I'll take some photos. Not sure what the PO was thinking when he put a 52 tooth rear on this thing? :wacko: Needs taller gearing and some power valve adjustments and it should be good to go.

im sure that thing has enough grunt to handle some taller gears, and you will drop your upper speed rpms alot with like a 48 ish rear, what front do you have.

on my 2t i used to run 13/51 for tight tracks and 13/50 for more open tracks...but in the dez it was up to 15/49...then i started using 15/49 even at the track and just riding a gear lower...ie second instead of 3rd etc... that really solved the age old question...start in first or second gear question?

first now and let it rev...worked great...got alot of holeshots with that set up.

since you NEVER usually use first gear on a track, with the taller gears i would then use first in tight corners and really kill the top speed on long open tracks like GPs and stuff.

odd set up but i made it work well

What do you figure that zinger weighs without fuel?? I'm guessing 230ish

i don't have the book for this bike, but it is almost identical to my 03 300 which weighs claimed at 238lbs dry. Not much less than a new 450, but the weight is carried lower and is quite noticeable. The 300 is MUCH easier to keep upright than a 450. Also they are much easier to kick start than a 4 stroke. I haven't even ridden the 380 yet. 450 power delivery is smoother is the only trade off.

bike is finally done, what do you think? I use a M16 for a kickstand.

ACF147.jpg

nice touch with the camo tires....very fortunate enlisted men that get to ride that scooter... :o

I not sure it is the best lane splitter with the bazooka/rocket launcher? something or another on the front.. :D

Man talk about taking a guy out in a corner ! i could get the holeshot every time on this ride. :lol:

here is the latest incarnation of the 380 if anyone cares. its pretty fun.

5436659533_d2a91c621c_b.jpg

Damn, now your giving me ideas. I have a 97 KTM 360 sitting in the garage doing nothing and setting it up with some sticky street tires might be just the ticket to get me some tickets.

Covered in Dust