Strega

Mexican police help murder their own mayor

Mexican Police help murder their own Mayor

Article is HERE

I hope things get better down there, but it's just getting worse, much much worse. As of 3:42pm today, 5,623 service members have died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Mexican government estimates that 28,000 have died in Mexico due to the drug cartels in the same time frame. Incredible.

The murder scarred a part of Mexico that was supposed to be reasonably safe from violence and crime. Santiago is a picturesque town of waterfalls, colonial churches and holiday homes for the rich. Its mayor Edelmiro Cavazos was a blue-eyed 38-year old, educated in the United States. But it seems that no corner of the country is shielded from the relentless rain of drug-related bloodshed.

The killers came for Mayor Cavazos in the early hours of Aug. 16 when seven SUV's rolled up and men in police uniforms descended on his palatial home. Servants stood back terrified, as their boss was forced away at gunpoint. On Aug. 18, his corpse was dumped on a nearby road. There was a mercy of sorts in the manner of his killing - shot dead with two bullets in the head and one in the chest, and spared the mutilation and rape inflicted on so many other victims. The following day, hundreds of residents wept over his coffin in Santiago's central plaza, lining the stairs up to the church with candles and holding signs calling for peace. (See pictures of Culiac[a {a}]n, the home of Mexico's drug-trafficking industry.)

Then on Aug. 20, more disturbing news broke. State agents arrested six of the mayor's own police officers and said they confessed to involvement in the murder. The suspects had been working for a drug cartel that is fighting a bloody turf war with its rival throughout northeast Mexico, state prosecutors said. Another four alleged gunmen were arrested with automatic rifles and grenade launchers in their possession and accused of being involved in the plot. The revelation had very concerning implications: in Mexico's drug war, officials are now killing officials.

That (the strong border security) plus get all the dope heads here to stop buying the crap from them and driving the murderous market.

If you want to use,,,,buy domestic!!!. I never thought I would say that but its a better alternative.

My tuppence (2cents)

If you want to use,,,,buy domestic!!!. I never thought I would say that but its a better alternative.

Yeah, the History Channel special says that the stuff from Kentucky is way better than the Mexican stuff. :coolio::rolleyes:

lake elsinore is the meth amphetamine capital of the country and we are as close to san diego as mexico is....an our economy needs the boost here in the IE.....

bad joke huh...

at my first house i owned in elsinore, it was only 2 blocks over from my current house, in the middle of the night i am awoke to screamming, pounding on my door, and the door bell going crazy....i jump up, half out of it, but fully knowing something serious was happening....i see the clock says 2:45am and as i run down my hallway to the front door, my living room looks like day time.

as i see my front bay windows my front yard looks like day as well...i rip open the front door to find the woman who lives 2 doors over to the south standing on my porch freaking out in her nightie, holding her 10 month old and her 2 year old kids, panicking...the house between mine and hers is fully engulfed in flames...i tell my wife to call 911...i grab a blanket and wrap the neighbor and her kids in it.

i then tell my 8 month pregnant wife to get across the street and take care of the neighbor and her kids while i keep a hose on the roof of the house 2 doors over because the house on fire is already fully engulfed starting in the garage....and its garage and the house next to it are very close together.

it is so hot the roof is instantly steaming the water i am putting on it, and that is the roof NEXT to the house on fire. btw, i am still just in my tighty whiteys and havent even had time to think about that.

the FD arrives quite quickly, within 5-8 minutes from our call...and extinguish the fire in pretty short order. everything settles down and we go back to bed about 4:30 am to get a couple of hours of sleep before having to get up for work.

i wake up about 6:45 and walk to the kitchen for some coffee, and look outside to see crime tape all around my house and people in full hazmat moon suits...

standing in the street looking at my house my garage is on the right side of my property, and the burned house garage is on the left of that property and we have a big open joined front lawn that looks like one yard..typical tract house mirror image lots.

the house had just been repossed by the bank and was vacated 2 days earlier...and the old owner we think was dealing dope out of the house, her suppliers immediately moved in a meth lab.

after the fire was put out the FD found welding type acetalyne tanks, bunsen burners, and tons of chemicals....the story was that the lab brewed a bad batch of meth, sold it, and the guys came back and threw a molotov cocktail on the garage.

very scary stuff, especially when the PD said that if the fire would have made it to the back bedroom where the acetylene and chemicals were at it could have exploded and made about a 100' around crater...

all this while my wife and unborn daughter are sleeping in our home....

hope that wasnt too off topic, but a drug war story for sure.... :torch:

Many people here still do not realize that there is a war going on down there. But the people in Mexico know it. Most of the people killed are involved in the drug running / gangs in one way or another but more and more innocents are being killed. The people in those areas are living in fear. We have had the same problem in some cities in our own country. I wish I knew the answer for this. The only thing I can think of is kill all of the cartel members and be done with it.

my dad had a great idea for crime solution and jail over crowding....round up ALL of the suspected criminals....drug dealers, murderers, gang bangers, and anyone on trial or in jail....

put them ALL in the LA colosium...tell them to fight to the death....then charge the last guy with murder....only one guy left in prison...easy :blink:

ME? or the drug dealers?

All the above. HAHA nobody wants to see anybody in there tighty whities. lol

my dad had a great idea for crime solution and jail over crowding....round up ALL of the suspected criminals....drug dealers, murderers, gang bangers, and anyone on trial or in jail....

put them ALL in the LA colosium...tell them to fight to the death....then charge the last guy with murder....only one guy left in prison...easy :blink:

Charming.

Let's just skip the judicial system altogether! Let's go back to guilty until proven innocent, it worked for Joe Stalin, Mao and others, right?

its a joke fakey....what if we did it with all of the convicted criminals? would that be better...that would send a message to "potential criminals" maybe

I love Mexico, and MOST of the people there....great culture, loving people, amazing beautiful country..Wonderful Libations in the way of tequila......I absolutely love the place........BUT, this type of stuff is why I choose to not ride in Baja....too scary for me....at the mercy of another country......and I don't feel we as visitors always have safety, justice and rights....not like we hopefully enjoy here in this country........and I'm all for the great american dream of people coming here, and building a life here...just like our ancestors did.......but they DAMN better come here LEGALLY......my .02.......and perhaps off topic, but Yes, I support ARIZONA all the way....It's the Law....It's what is right...

im with you fox on the "people" in mexico...most of the people i know from there and im sure most of the people you will ever come across down there are great, honest, hard working people....

but just like here, it is the few that ruin it for the majority.

i was planning a baja ride this fall with a buddy...but i just cant get past this drug war stuff...when i have worn out all of the amazing places to ride in california, and the rest of the usa, then i will have to go there to explore...

i feel jipped but those criminals....i wanna go there, but just like compton here in cali....im not gonna go there just to hang out or for fun....i only go to compton, carson, gardena, or inglewood to visit family...and even then, only when i HAVE to

EL PASO, Texas — The first bullets struck El Paso's city hall at the end of a work day. The next ones hit a university building and closed a major highway.

Shootouts in the drug war along the U.S.-Mexico border are sending bullets whizzing across the Rio Grande into one of the nation's safest cities, where authorities worry it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt or killed.

Story