RandyKTM530EXC

4th Annual Bishop Dual Sport Ride 10/8-10

Sound's interesting. Anyone done this before? Early registration by 9/20 at $110.

Yes, it's a blast.......go for it! (I'll likely pass this year.....booked pretty heavy in Oct already)

Trip report from the 2nd annual (same trails):

My October is pretty crowded too but I will look into it. I really want to ride this one. Thanks for the reminder.

4th Annual Bishop Dual Sport Ride 10/8-10

(AMA District 37)

Sound's interesting. Anyone done this before? Early registration by 9/20 at $110.

http://www.district37ama.org/dualsport/ridefliers/VCMC2010.pdf

8/17: Got a call from an organizer, only 30 people out of 150 registered.

You get $10 coupon off the registration at www.venturacountymc.com

If you are interested in going together or riding together there as a group, please let me know. I will probably staty at a hotel and go up Thurs before the Friday-Sun riding starts. Might even expand that to Monday for a long vacation, see Mammoth, etc. Thoughts?

Randy

P.S. Kyle, an organizer, told me today that they pre-road a ride from Bishop to Mammoth that is really nice, but around 120miles, so you need a large tank. There might be a fuel stop in June lake.

OK I sent my $$$ in. Randy KTM 530 is also in. A buddy of mine says he is going also ( we will see )

Any other takers? With the weather cooling down it is now time to do some dirt riding. Should be a good event.

sure wish it was the weekend before.....those dates are tough for me...but seriously considering another trip to bishop/mammoth October 1-4 maybe..randy, will talk to you at big bear this weekend....

Hi Deb,

We can talk at BB. I am inclinded to do the 10/9 event, but perhaps we could put together a smaller group and go in addition or earlier instead.

-- Randy

sure wish it was the weekend before.....those dates are tough for me...but seriously considering another trip to bishop/mammoth October 1-4

From KTMrad who just rode through that neck of the woods:

"Looking out at the mountains and judging by the snow level now, and more thunderstorms and rain coming over the next few days, you guys are going to have a very interesting dualsport ride in the higher elevations.....actually, I bet there will be too much snow in some areas."

A friend of mine from work and I are going to do this. I missed it last year due to illness.

It wont be the same without my "snowmobiling buddies," Strega, Hoss, Hobiee, Beez, Dan et al. :lol: I'll be bringing my warm gear this time...

-Zoot

I'm debating what to do.....might actually stay up north and show up for a day of the Bishop dualsport ride.

Hi,

Ken, KKrug, I, and three others are going up in a toy hauler. We are staying at the County Fair RV park. I also got cheap reservations at the nearby Motel 6 as a backup. Look us up, perhaps we can ride together. We will arrive late Thurs pm. Send me an e-mail for my cell number.

Randy

Ah ha, ha,

You guys are gonna get it goood up there. It will have rained much of the week and then clear out for the weekend, temps in the 70-80* for the valleys and 60s in the Mtns.

A group of us are camping at Benton Hot Springs and doing some of the Bishop DS rides in reverse and other stuff out towards Tonopah this weekend.

HAVE FUN!!!

It wont be the same without my "snowmobiling buddies," Strega, Hoss, Hobiee, Beez, Dan et al. :lol: I'll be bringing my warm gear this time...

-Zoot

The Walmart Poncho is light packin for warmth ;)

-Zoot

The Walmart Poncho is light packin for warmth ;)

We had to run into the Walmart 3 years ago at the Bishop Ride when Jarrett grabbed Kathy's boots instead of his own (How do you mistake size 7 for size 12? :wacko: )

100_1110.jpg

100_1123.jpg

Roger, Jarrett and I had a great time at the 07 event......have fun....

100_1112.jpg

I'm staying up here in Bishop and will be on the ride with my 950 KTM, as long as the JB Weld holds on my hydraulic clutch cable and it doesn't leak.

Look for probably the only 950 that will be there, silver/black with SDAR stickers on it.

The weather is BEAUTIFUL now, it's going to be warm and nice for the weekend !

But, you should still be prepared for cold just in case.

See you up here !