KTMrad

Launch of New Front Page & Forums

swag (schwag? I always thought it was schwag or shwag... no big deal)

SWAG = Stuff We All Get

Like the freebies at conferences and stuff.

I'll try my BB tonight but I am not expecting access either.

SWAG..........urban dictionary definition............Promotional merchandise

May include t-shirts, stickers, promo CDs, posters, etc. Often free, but not necessarily; a t-shirt or record purchased at a concert might still be considered swag, especially if it is a design or release that is not readily available in the mass market.

Many independent record labels throw in a handful of free swag when they ship out mail-order packages (stickers, sampler CDs, etc).

The chief difference between swag and regular merchandise is that its purpose is not to make a profit, but to promote the band/label, and reward its supporters by giving them something cool and unique.

SWAG also.......Stuff We All Get

Hey Slut, you have a one track mind for Schwag.....urban definition........

Term used to describe low grade marijuana. This type of marijuana is usually brown, seedy, dry. The term is also used by many pot heads to describe anything that is low grade.

On the Main Page, I clicked on "News/Events"

In this section:

dualsport_events_31.gif

We love any chance to ride, but occasionally we organize AMA sanctioned events. You can keep an eye on the forums to find out who's going on informal rides (and other local happenings).

Anza Borrego Desert Dash >>

Every year in February, we still have a great time with a bunch of great riders and some beautiful scenery. This year it was in February, check the forums for ride reports, hope to see you out there next year!

The 'forums' link in RED doesn't work, the GREEN link works fine.

like somebody above (Kelly, Paul or Ken? safe guess) my blackberry wants nothing to do with the "forums" page... swag (schwag? I always thought it was schwag or shwag... no big deal) and gallery show up fine, but I get no FORUMS page... http;server failure something

if that stays the case, kellymac will catch my post count in days

My BlackBerry is locked in a cage right now (stupid military rules) so I can't check it. Will it work if you type : http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/ into the browser address bar?

I think I will get used to the new look pretty quickly. One small complaint is that the (view last post) link is kind of small and needs more contrast to show up better. Hows that for being a nit picky a hole :unsure: .

i have always heard of swag as being gear with logos or advertisement for things you like....

like on spike tv you can buy swag..or gear, I.E. hats, shirts, stickers...with the spike powerblock logo or powerblock shows logos on it..I.E. xtreme4x4, musclecar, trucks etc...

sdar swag to me would be shirts, hats, stickers etc..that say sdar on them....maybe bike graphics kits :(

you could make a generic kit that we could cut out ourselves....i had zlt make me a custom set of graphic when i was racing...a one off set only cost me like 80 bucks...we should have a design contest for a set of sdar graphics :(

my design WILL be orange :unsure:

hey i tried to send fakey a pm and it said sent at first...then on the side bar it says fakename is unable to participate...does that mean he cant get my pm?

hey i tried to send fakey a pm and it said sent at first...then on the side bar it says fakename is unable to participate...does that mean he cant get my pm?

It probably means he blocked you from messaging him...

I'm totally kidding, that does sound odd. :)

Don't know, ask him if he got it.

how do i ask HIM if i cant pm him? :)

i will try again i guess...

Mind Bullets :P

:)

i would have to HAVE a mind to make that work :P

He could reply here.

Yes, I got it, thanks.

Logging onto the new site for the first time was a little disconcerting. I thought I had been diverted to a alternate site. But by the time I read the 3 pages in this thread, I had already forgotten what the old site looked like. (My memory is going bad since hitting 50)

Can't use many icons in reports.........can't get thumbnails to attach on Facebook when I post a link......

Suggest we consider keeping additional memory/capacity but Sh*t Can the "new look/enhancements(?)" ........

I prefer the website as it worked/appeared previously.......

Hey, I Like the new look! Clean Simplicity works for me. Not that couple of Action Shots wouldn't be an adder.

Evidently, I don't use too many advanced functions, as not much seems different. Not that I can figure how to do a decent Avitar!

ph34r.gif

Yeah What crawdaddy said

Okay, the "View New Content" button works on my computer at home, but not on the computer at work.

Okay, the "View New Content" button works on my computer at home, but not on the computer at work.

How does one find content by date? IE Posts since a certain date or posts in the last day or week. Am I missing something?

Spyder

Thanks for all the hard work.

Suggest we consider keeping additional memory/capacity but Sh*t Can the "new look/enhancements(?)" ........

As far as the forums are concerned, once you upgrade to the most recent software and security updates........you can't revert back to the old forums.

We will be looking into a paid website hosting service very soon, since we've been having a lot of problems lately.

Sent Cameron an e-mail about the attachment photos.......we'll look into it.

Thanks !

All I did was change to a new avatar and it worked fine.

How does one find content by date? IE Posts since a certain date or posts in the last day or week. Am I missing something?

Spyder

Thanks for all the hard work.

In the upper right hand corner of the page is a box with your screen name, below that is the search box, and below that is the "View New Content" button. Click on that and it'll show all the threads with new posts since your last visit.

I don't know how you look at new posts since a certain date.

Remember not long ago Thumpertalk went though a change like this, blue background and everything. I see they went back to what worked, to be honest in less its something behind the scenes I don't no about I though the old site looked and worked good. I still can't use my Iphone on the site.