Sign in to follow this  
Beezzz

Pine Valley, S-2, Jasper, Borrego Springs, Eagle Peak, Boulder Creek

Great ride. 150 miles. Bagster has photos. Pine Valley, S-2, Jasper, Borrego Springs, Eagle Peak, Boulder Creek, Descanso

post-13277-1275190913_thumb.jpg

Mystery Lake (mimi's mystery - what type of fish?)

post-13277-1275191074_thumb.jpg

Break by the lake

883227129_jtRu2-L.jpg

Well done gentlemen. Pretty large group but we made in happen. Thanks to Doug for bringing the second radio, which made the transitions smoother.

Had a productive talk with Ranger Don of Anza Borrego State Park up on Jasper regarding opening the Upper link of Mason Valley TT @ Hwy 79. Will follow up on that as it Would be a nice link to the Dez from the Mountains.

We saw a lot of country, more tomorrow. I really am trying to cut down on the number of photos.

883520146_wbLEN-L.jpg

883520997_RXrcq-L.jpg

Josh does Oriflamme Mountain

883520471_UqCqY-L.jpg

Troy

883520576_MgUXv-L.jpg

Here comes Doug

883520232_zKHUi-L.jpg

Where's Schwinn, I think he is down here

883520301_7QeR8-L.jpg

I'll go look down the Phantom...Mmmm will we see Doug again?

883520384_3y5xj-L.jpg

Wayne

883520666_UfGJN-L.jpg

883520726_WLwBo-L.jpg

883520809_dYyJW-L.jpg

David and Troy

883521050_JkcTH-L.jpg

883521134_KVh2o-L.jpg

883521298_Cfmav-L.jpg

My next Moto Hauler?? If I can just figure out how to load the bike without a trailer

883519933_UEwF6-L.jpg

Schwinn, What was that you said about Large Trucks being a compensation for a small...was it ramps??

883519867_nhr6D-L.jpg

Here's a few of my pictures..

Great ride Dave!!! Thanks again for putting it together!!!

Excellent group - sorry Schwinn and his buddy missed it but it sounds like you guys had fun anyways..

img2843u.jpg

img2846s.jpg

img2849i.jpg

img2855wa.jpg

img2861t.jpg

img2865f.jpg

img2880p.jpg

img2883d.jpg

img2884zf.jpg

img2888ru.jpg

img2892jb.jpg

Thanks guys that was awesome! Wow I had a blast, what a great day :aggressive:

How about a few more pix?

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

I am tired and dirty now :scratch_one-s_head: Great ride!

Doug,

You are becoming quite the Action photographer.

img2883d.jpg

We got separated cuz we had that brand new KTM 300 with us and just picked it up the night before from NCY. We had Tubliss installed and they never aired up the front. We couldnt get it to seal so I told the group to go on. We hit the market across from Frosty Freeze and bought dishsoap and fix a flat. Broke the bead and squirted dish soap in there to help get a seal on the spokes and for good measure we filled up the outer edge of the tubliss system with fix a flat and it worked. We had a blast. The trails above Phantom are fun. Then we made our way to Oriflame Mtn past Mimis pond " Blue gill land " and came out on Oriflme canyon and went down Oriflme for a while then rode it back all the way to Banner store. Then up to Julian for gas for the 2 stroke then to the Wrongbranch for Burgers. That Pine crest trail is kinda cool, I didnt know it was there and all paved. Thanks for putting on the ride Dave and Robert will be more prepared next time.

We had to drive the CXT cuz it just had a bunch of motor and suspension work done to it to the tune of about 10K. it ran great and is ready to pull the double stacker trailer.

I nicknamed the CXT the " compensator " as Bagster said earlier :aggressive: That truck is such a scene, all the way down the frwy people slow down to take a look and kids want you hit the airhorn. Its fun at 8 miles to the gallon :scratch_one-s_head:

wow.. looks like a fun ride! Im definitely buying a bigger tank so I can go on these longer rides with you guys.

Get yourself a $10 fuel bottle and throw it in your pack.

Dave, you put on a great ride. I had a blast with everyone. If somebody wants to shed some light on posting pictures I will post what few I have.

Pictures are easiest if you first post them on Smugmug or other photo hosting site. Once there, click the share button while having the photo selected. Open a new tab on your web browser and go to dualsport-sd and click the Insert Image tab two to the right of the happy face. Paste to the window and click OK. Having two browser tab open allows you to switch back and forth to share and paste more photos.

Dave, you put on a great ride. I had a blast with everyone. If somebody wants to shed some light on posting pictures I will post what few I have.

looks like an awesome Day...Don't ever try to post less pics...They are the best part....

Whats a ride with out Ice Cream at Frosty Burger

Wow, that looks like a great ride! I could not make it this time, but next time hopefully I will.

Dave- Glad to see your 690 is all good.

Kyle

Looks like a fun ride. Me and a couple of other guys were on jasper the same day only headed down.

We did a Blu-Inn, Culp, Jasper loop. About 75 miles.

Anybody have any GPS tracks of the route you guys took?

I kinda have a good idea of most of the areas, some I'm not sure of.

Jim

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=110614374910091901637.000487802cc351fbd82ae&ll=32.990236,-116.595154&spn=0.763679,1.454315&t=h&z=10

This is a Google Map. I don't record many tracks, but you can zoom in and out, east and west to get the idea. Click on the bubbles for details.

The Blue Inn must have been a touch warm down in the washes.

Looks like a fun ride. Me and a couple of other guys were on jasper the same day only headed down.

We did a Blu-Inn, Culp, Jasper loop. About 75 miles.

Anybody have any GPS tracks of the route you guys took?

I kinda have a good idea of most of the areas, some I'm not sure of.

Jim

thanks I'll see if i can piece something together using that and maybe my Nat Geo Topo software

any of the other guys have tracks?

It wasn't too bad so far as heat. we started before 8 and were done by about 11 it was 89 degrees whenn we left for home

thanks

Jim