KTMrad

How to Post Photos

To post photos from your own photo hosting site, you must have an image hosting website that allows you to copy the URL of your photos. When you post on the forum, you go to the little icon above the window where you type your post, that shows a picture (looks like a postcard) and when you move your mouse onto it, it says "insert image". Then a window will appear where you paste the URL of your image....preview your post to see if the image is there, then go ahead and post it.

I use Smugmug....I also have Webshots, and there are many other photo hosting sites out there.

2Wheels explains it another way........

First you sign up for a free account at an image hosting website. I use photobucket (free), but there are others. You upload your pictures to photobucket. Once you've uploaded them, you'll see that it says IMG Code under each picture. Click where it says IMG code and it automatically copies that link to your clipboard. Then when you're writing your post, just paste the link. All you'll see while you're writing your post will be a URL, but when you click on "add reply", an image like this one appears

Also, you may attach MOTORCYCLE RELATED ONLY Photos to the SDAR Server and your post by using the attachment button on your posting menu, maximum size of photos as an attachment is 1024 x 768.

Important Note:

Any photos larger than 1024 X 768 pixels posted after July 24th, 2009 (date of this new standard), will be deleted in the future.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

How do I get a photo from my phone to my computor.

What you need is a cable that you can plug into your phone and then into your computer. Windows may or should recognize the device and allow you to browse your phones files. Although this is in a perfect world and you may find that it was just waste of your $15 for the cable. Make some calls to some tech geeks or stop by the UCSD Computer Science Dept. Perhaps the good folks at Radio Shack could help. Another option and likely the answer you'll get from your wireless provider would be to send your photos on your phone through your provider's network to a web based service that would allow you to then use your computer to access the photos via the web. Make sense? Clear as mud right? good luck

Jon

How do I get a photo from my phone to my computor.

I simply email the photo to myself from the phone... check your account options.

I keep seeing "attached photos" throughout the forum. What's up with that? Doesn't it take up extra server space, graciously provided by Uncle C?

Spyder

Bumping this, since it seems many people don't know how to post photos using an outside photo hosting site.

Also, EVERYONE here should read all the info in this Website Info Forum Section, so you know the website rules, etc.

And, if you ever have questions on how to do something on the forums here.....there is a HELP Section that explains everything !

...test

32728068442_7d98b695c8_c.jpg

Edited by Zubb
... cause I'm 'testing'

It looks like the "Insert Other Media" > "Insert Image from URL" button and popup window are having issues. I will look into this asap. For now the best way to post photos is to directly upload them. If trying to share an image you found elsewhere, just download it first and then upload here. Please Direct Message me if you need any further assistance uploading images while I look into this. Thanks!

• Like 1

Ok we are all fixed up. You can now insert photos from another site via the code button in the post editor, or the "insert other media" button on the bottom right of the post editor. 

A note about this: 

Now that the site is secure and loading via HTTPS, any link or photo from a URL that you add to a post or topic can make that particular page unsecure if you are inserting content that isn't from a HTTPS:// url. So while the site itself will remain secure, individual pages, posts or topics can be made unsecure if the person posting links to a http:// page. You can avoid this by removing the HTTP: from the URL and just have it start with //.

For instance instance, if you had an image with the URL of http://www.example.com/image.jpg you could keep your post secure by modifying the URL and inserting it as: //www.example.com/image.jpg

Direct message me if you have any problems or questions regarding image posting.