TrophyHunter

Border Ride...Sunday.....IT'S ON!...

Seems like the meeting place is very close to Otay Lakes road without having to go to the 125, like we could pick up the dirt near the Thousand Trails campground by just taking 94 to Otay lakes from the coffee shop. :huh:

In my travels I have noticed there are several new gates on the dirt roads depending on route. The current route has a high success rate of actually making it where we need to go.

I appreciate the suggestion. Launching from the RV park is good but lands one 'tween the 905 ride start and the 94, skipping a majority of the border fence & the 250 monument....along with some fantastic views.

This is more of a "start at the west end, pop out on the east end" ride.

Seems like the meeting place is very close to Otay Lakes road without having to go to the 125, like we could pick up the dirt near the Thousand Trails campground by just taking 94 to Otay lakes from the coffee shop. :huh:

Maybe someone knows that route. It would be terrific. Anyone? Pasta?

Maybe someone knows that route. It would be terrific. Anyone? Pasta?

Please explore this option outside of this thread to avoid confusion. The ride will remain as posted to avoid confusion/last minute changes. :good:

Looks like a good plan Trophy, I'll keep an eye on that first post for updates. I'm 'on call' this weekend but if I can get someone to cover me for a few hours I hope to make it down there and ride with the crew.

My buddy Greg and I will be there. He rides a KTM 450 exc. I'll be bringin the 620 RXCe beastie.

Can't wait!

Oh. I gotta ride with YOU again. Arrgh.

:huh:

You spelled "get to " wrong :good:

In, hopefully with a radio. I have the BD helmet kit. No radio. Hopefully I'll get a sponsor...

I have an extra radio. Come by the house at 8:30 and we'll getcha set up. This will give us time to get to the Starbucks by 8:45.

In, hopefully with a radio. I have the BD helmet kit. No radio. Hopefully I'll get a sponsor...

I have an extra radio. Come by the house at 8:30 and we'll getcha set up. This will give us time to get to the Starbucks by 8:45.

Thx! see you @ 8:30

Erick you picking me up on the way? :)

Sure, I think Scott will be going as well...

Great crew coming.

For you n00bs to the club, this is a great way to meet a good selection of the club's characters.

Great crew coming.

For you n00bs to the club, this is a great way to meet a good selection of the club's characters.

You guys are really building my expectations here; don't let us noobs down :)

I'll be bringing my passpost/radio as well - looking forward to an epic day of riding with good weather (knock on wood)!

You guys are really building my expectations here; don't let us noobs down :)

Dangit....! Pressure :)

At any point during the ride you don't appreciate the scenery, riding conditions, etc.....just close your eyes and imagine where you'd like to be. Bingo! Outstanding ride :)

Looking forward to meeting/riding with everybody!

An update Ken: as of this evening, no work this weekend. :D But as of this morning, I am having brake issues with my bike. :ph34r: When I rode it to work, I noticed the brake pedal was lower than usual. When I got to work I noticed the disc was scorched and the pads were glazed. :(... Ill troubleshoot and let you know if I'm coming or not. I'm optimistic tho.

Ogio vests have room for a tape measure. :ph34r:

Huh.

Shock, can you explain what that means? What would a tape measure have to do with this?

Help me understand.

Thanks.

Paul, color me curious...please do elaborate.

Hmmmm, Bikeslut to the white courtesy phone for interpretation of intentionally vague and ambiguous posts. From the previous ride write-up, 2Wheels stated: "The boundary lines Google shows can be a few feet off. The border fence is about 3 feet inside the United States."

Hmmmm, Bikeslut to the white courtesy phone for interpretation of intentionally vague and ambiguous posts. From the previous ride write-up, 2Wheels stated: "The boundary lines Google shows can be a few feet off. The border fence is about 3 feet inside the United States."

I still don't get it...

I still don't get it...

Cripes, participating in a hijack of my own thread. In the last write up, everyone wanted to ride thru the train tunnel and there was mucho discussion about if it came out in Mexico. As Shock mentioned, the above statement was made re would the tunnel actually end in Mexico or was it a few feet off on Google. Hence the need for the tape measure in ref to a passport.

A trip to Baja would be shorter than that explanation.

Hijack OFF