hoss314

Big Bear Trail Riders' 2010 Big Bear Run Dual Sport Ride

I had such a blast last year and can't wait for this year..........who's goin?

The Big Bear Trail Riders Motorcycle Club Members are proud to bring you the 16th annual Big Bear Run Dual Sport Ride in Big Bear Lake, CA

June 26 & 27, 2010

Registration is now open for the BBTR Big Bear Run Dual Sport Ride. Click on the following link for detailed information, to register on-line or download our ride flyer and entry form.

Signup 2010 Big Bear Run

If you have questions regarding the event or registration please e-mail Frank Schnetz at frank@feschnetz.com or Miguel Burgi at miguel.burgi@gmail.com .

I will be on my way to June Lake for two weeks of fun and leisure otherwise I would be in.

Last year, the "A Loop" was about 186 miles......otherwise known as the run for the plaque.

I am still debating the idea of going for the plaque.........anybody else?

most likely wont make the decision until I see the tracks ;)

Always want to do this ride, but seems like my job has me in faraway lands whenever it comes up. I'll probably be suffering in Hawaii this summer.

I did the day and night ride last year. Downright beautiful up there!

I'll be going for the plaque this year while I'm still ummmm... young :lol:

I joined BBTR in 2003 and I've hit the Big Bear Run every year since.....it's one of those annual "gotta do it" rides..........are you renting that same house again this year? ........ I'll probably snag a room across the street from the convention center at the Motel 6 with Strega......

I joined BBTR in 2003 and I've hit the Big Bear Run every year since.....it's one of those annual "gotta do it" rides..........are you renting that same house again this year? ........ I'll probably snag a room across the street from the convention center at the Motel 6 with Strega......

I was thinking about it......not too sure yet.

May look for a house closer to the convention center this year......really liked the house cause it felt more spread out, comfy, amenities, and less crowded.

I still have my mental not to bring a towel or at least check the dryer.......much more easier to dry off after a shower with a towel than a pillow case :tease:

I spent a weekend riding up there last August and loved it. Really want to do this ride. Checked the calendar and wouldn't you know it, its on the one weekend all summer that we have commitments. Bad karma from an earlier life I think.

I've riden up there more than anywhere..I LOVE IT and I would be ready for this ride this year .....BUT RATS.......I'll be in Boston for my moms birthday that weekend...but I'd LOVE to get the tracks and/or perhaps talk someone into a re-run later...I will be riding up there as soon as the snow is gone...I expect before June...

I attempted the A route some years ago. It was a ball buster. No excuses I was just so slow that I ran way out of daylight. I attempted one hill 4 times before I made it. People littered all over the track were part of the problem on that hill. I would run out of momentum, fall over, drag the bike back till it was pointed down, ride back down and try again. It was ugly and I still remember it.

:ph34r:

steve

I'm new to dualsport but been dirt riding since 10 years old. I'll be there! I think Cory and I might try the A route...is it really that bad???

I'm new to dualsport but been dirt riding since 10 years old. I'll be there! I think Cory and I might try the A route...is it really that bad???

try it... seriously.... it IS a trail, which means many others have done it. If I read past routes correctly, there are hard "sections" that are loops off the main trails... so you should know pretty early on if you are in over your head... if so; finish that section, then avoid future "A" loops... I haven't ridden many of the routes up there, but have some... they are not THAT tough.

Sounds like fun

I sent the boys an e-mail yesterday and volunteered to help out at registration, check points, sweeps, whatever......I've been riding it for years and the Nicolson's won't be there this year (they usually run the show) so the boys may need some assistance.......my way of paying back.....

I'm riding again this year on the big old G650X/C. Last year I got the plaque on the pig BUT got the pussy cat card for not completing that brutal hill they added. This year I'm making it up that hill if it kills me.

I'm riding again this year on the big old G650X/C. Last year I got the plaque on the pig BUT got the pussy cat card for not completing that brutal hill they added. This year I'm making it up that hill if it kills me.

Take the 450!

........Last year I got the plaque on the pig BUT got the pussy cat card for not completing that brutal hill they added. This year I'm making it up that hill if it kills me.......

Pussy Cat Hill probably won't be in the mix this year.....every year there's one new twist/climb/challenge......so this year there will be a new (dumb) climb in the mix.....

Last year, Joliet and I went over to Pussy Cat Hill in the morning while all the "plaque chasers" were on the other side of the lake (that's my usual strategy - ride afternoon hardways in morning and visa versa - that way I miss the crowd/dust :good: - I start at a reasonable hour, pick and choose between easy and hard, eat a real lunch, finish by 5pm, and never earn a plaque........the lack of a plaque doesn't bother me one bit cuz I ALWAYS have a great ride/time ;)B)

Anyway, we didn't make it up to the top last year either.......it was a fun challenge.......I remember thinking, "this isn't so tough.....what's the BFD?!?!" :blink: ......then we took a left and it got a bit more challenging :huh: .....then we took a right and it got steep/slippery.......also a bit tough for the two old/fat guys to breath at that altitude :o:lol:......I spun out about 3/4 of the way up and couldn't get enough traction to get restarted........didn't feel like hanging a U-Turn and charging it again or walking it to the top under power (no one was even at the check point anyway since it was only ~8:30am)........Joliet spun out too.......nothing to prove......we said "screw it", hung a U-Turn, and moved on.....

........the lack of a plaque doesn't bother me one bit cuz I ALWAYS have a great ride/time :good::blink:

I like this attitude and the confidence of not having to PROVE something....these are great qualities...Perhaps one reason why your rides are always so popular.....You ALWAYS seem to have a great time...it's contagious...Thanks ... :huh:

V Dog and I will be there and yes we will be doing the "A" course if it kills us! I am looking forward to it and we want to start riding up there as soon as we can. V Dog needs to get some dings on his brand new Husqvarna!!!

I live in Big Bear, BBTR member since last Nov. did the Desert dash this year with Sneaker, Terrible's Primm with Bagstr and Captcham, and Carrizo Badlands with Sneaker, Captcham and ShockNAwe.

My house is always open to anyone, especially the great group of SDAR's.

I will be doing the ride this year and assume that ShockNAwe will be staying at mi casa if not a few other also.

2 bdr / 2 bth with plenty of air mattress space and parking, large garage. Free of course.

Less than 5 minutes from the Conv Cntr.

I've ridden all Big Bear trails from my driveway to Pioneertown, Lake Arrowhead, Deep creek, John Bull, Gold Mountain, Horse Thief Flats, Cactus Flats, Johnson Valley, Seven Oaks (best burger on the hill) and many others. Not sure about which ones or sections they are calling the 'hard routes' ??? There are some challenging and beautiful trails!!

Anyone want to do some pre rides just let me know. I'm out every weekend to all the above mentioned areas right out of my driveway.

Gal Pals always welcome :unsure:

John Arelt

619-241-3268