SocalCPA

New member SocalCPA

Hello, my name is Tony, 37, living in Rancho Penasquitos. I ride a 2007 KTM 990 Adventure, and will buy another dirt bike soon. I had a 2005 YZ250 2-stroke that abused me too many times, so I had to set it free.

I've ridden some of the local routes in Ocotillo, Supersition, Palomar, Ramona, Corral Canyon, etc., but would like to see more of what's out there. After reading some of the ride reports here I had to join.

I have a utility trailer with etrack and two wheel chocks that can carry 2-4 bikes, and I go riding with my friends just about every weekend. I am also available for weekday rides. I am a self-employed CPA, so please contact me if you need help with income tax consulting, preparation, accounting support and IRS/FTB issues.

I look forward to joining in on rides, here are a couple pics from recent rides:

post-13911-1265222137_thumb.jpg

post-13911-1265222166_thumb.jpg

Welcome Tony and AWESOME BIKE!!!

I had a 950adv for 3 years and LOVED it..

Welcome aboard. Will you be riding the Desert Dash? Looks like you enjoy the desert.

I'm in PQ also, by Rolling Hills park. I have a bunch of bikes so

come by. I would like to checkout your ADV bike.

Kelly

We're neighbors! (Sorrento Valley)

Look forward to seeing you on a ride soon!

I haven't ridden it before, is it big bike-able? I need to get a plated bike, my plan is to pick up a KTM 450 EXC when $$ permits.

Welcome aboard. Will you be riding the Desert Dash? Looks like you enjoy the desert.

I haven't ridden it before, is it big bike-able? I need to get a plated bike, my plan is to pick up a KTM 450 EXC when $$ permits.

I guess that depends on the rider. It's not too big bike friendly in a couple of spots for sure.

Thanks, me too. I checked out 'Stregalicious' and it you've been to many of the places I'd like to go!

We're neighbors! (Sorrento Valley)

Look forward to seeing you on a ride soon!

Thanks Rexr, haven't been up your way (Elsinore) since last year, blew out my ACL on the Vet Track, can't wait to get a 4-stroke a little lighter than my 990!

Welcome Tony and AWESOME BIKE!!!

I had a 950adv for 3 years and LOVED it..

Thanks Rexr, haven't been up your way (Elsinore) since last year, blew out my ACL on the Vet Track, can't wait to get a 4-stroke a little lighter than my 990!

Yeah the 990 might be a bit much on the track.. Plus since Pala Raceway was built I am not sure how the old Elsinore Track is fairing.. I haven't been there in over a year.

I come as a package deal, this is me (on bike) and new member 1kstep at Lark Canyon, he let's me ride his RMZ!

post-13911-1265244680_thumb.jpg

Welcome Tony. There's a bunch of guys here with 'big bikes'. I'm definitely not one of them. Hope to see you out on the trail.

Thanks, me too. I checked out 'Stregalicious' and it you've been to many of the places I'd like to go!

I've been very fortunate to go on some epic rides with some awesome people here at SDAR. I'm sure there will be MANY opportunities for you to do a lot of the same riding we have done. Bishop, Mammoth, Bass Lake, Primm, Grand Canyon, etc. All of it doable on a big bike, just ask Riceless, he takes his EVERYWHERE.

I come as a package deal, this is me (on bike) and new member 1kstep at Lark Canyon, he let's me ride his RMZ!

First rule. Dont ask, Dont tell, Dont care! Welcome

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but, I meant we ride together every weekend, big bikes, and moto.

First rule. Dont ask, Dont tell, Dont care! Welcome

Welcome Tony, Look forward to seeing you out there soon, I'm across the highway in poway

Thanks, it turns out there are quite a few members close by, looking forward to riding with y'all.

Welcome Tony, Look forward to seeing you out there soon, I'm across the highway in poway

Welcome and enjoy that big boy that you ride. You would of done just fine on our ride last Saturday, it was a blast and hope to ride with you soon

Dan.

Thanks Dan, which one, is there a report, pics?

Welcome and enjoy that big boy that you ride. You would of done just fine on our ride last Saturday, it was a blast and hope to ride with you soon

Dan.

I think he means This One

Welcome aboard! Plenty of rides to jump on or post one up. Most of all, Enjoy!

Welcome to the group. You will find some great people here!

And, yeah, Elsinore does in fact SUCK these days!

Hey Tony, welcome ! I ride a 950 Adventure, look forward to riding with another "big bike rider".

The Desert Dash is all doable on the Adventure, depending on your experience level with the big bike. There are some tricky spots, but if you've taken the thing off-road a lot on more than fire roads, then you shouldn't have a problem.

Check out some of my trip reports on the 950 if you want.....

High Sierra Adventure

Some Gnarly Trails on the big bikes

ADVrider rally in the White Mountains and Sierra

Welcome to the group. You will find some great people here!

And, yeah, Elsinore does in fact SUCK these days!

Elsinore is the only track I've ridden, Vet and Race track, it was awesome on my YZ250, until I put a foot down wrong and blew out my knee. Didn't crash just came down funny trying to get on the gas for a jump right after a turn. I REALLY liked the track riding though, serious adrenaline. I'm back in action now though, and riding with Asterisk braces this time.

Hey Tony, welcome ! I ride a 950 Adventure, look forward to riding with another "big bike rider".

The Desert Dash is all doable on the Adventure, depending on your experience level with the big bike. There are some tricky spots, but if you've taken the thing off-road a lot on more than fire roads, then you shouldn't have a problem.

Check out some of my trip reports on the 950 if you want.....

High Sierra Adventure

Some Gnarly Trails on the big bikes

ADVrider rally in the White Mountains and Sierra

Those look like some awesome rides. I grew up in Reno, I am more familiar with Northern Nevada, I wish I would have had my 990 then. I am set up with Zegas, and my buddy (1kstep) has the 1200GSA, this is a pic from a shakedown trip to Joshua Tree last year. Looking forward to one of your trips, some of it looks a bit challenging!

post-13911-1265306598_thumb.jpg

I think he means This One

Welcome aboard! Plenty of rides to jump on or post one up. Most of all, Enjoy!

Yes, that's the one I was looking at, can't wait to do that one!