Dirsuper

New guy from Ramona

Referred to this site by Crawdaddy - thanks! Grew up racing dirtbikes and riding street bikes. Out of it for years (work) and just got back into it. New to the dual sport thing, but totally hooked. I have a 2009 BMW G650GS and a 2010 HD RKC. Honestly, as much as I love the Harley, I have been looking at that thing lately and thinking.....man, I sure would like a KTM.....we'll see, I think my wife would kill me.

Been in Ramona for 11 years (although gone most of it for work). Finally have a job that allows me some play time, and I am spending 99% of that time on the BMW exploring the awesome places to ride right in my backyard.

I am always up for a ride, so if you are in or near Ramona and looking to ride, let me know. Also, I commute to the tip of Pt. Loma (Sub base) every day and like to take long meandering trips home. If anyone ever wants to meet somewhere and do one, let me know. Bottom line, one way or another I ride every day.

Appreciate the site, really cool to have a local site.

Mike

Welcome Mike- I work in Mission Bay Park and live in Alpine...I "get" the meandering route comment...freeways are not the forte of a DS bike

Heya Mike, enjoy your stay! Check out the informal rides section frequently and join up on a ride!

I commute to the tip of Pt. Loma (Sub base) every day and like to take long meandering trips home. If anyone ever wants to meet somewhere and do one, let me know. Bottom line, one way or another I ride every day.

Glad you signed on Mike......oh, and I'm officially volunteering you to pick up fresh fish for us from Tommy :rolleyes:;):)

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the site. Will your wife kill you if you sell the HD or if you buy a KTM? Does she ride? My husband used to have a HD Road King too. After he bought a GS1150 the Road King just sat in the garage.

Fellow Ramonian (in the Acres),

Zarah

Welcome Mike, just down the hill in east poway......If you are free tomorrow, check out the Otay ride...(never been down there, but seems it sounds like bigger bike friendly?...)

Hey Mike!

Welcome to the madness.

I can totally relate to HD thing - check the user name.

Like they say - variety is the spice..... somthun, sumthin, blah blah.........

Welcome Mike! It's hard to beat all this site and all it's members have to offer (present company excepted).

Lookin' forward to a ride. uh, like Otay.

Welcome! Otay is the perfect ride for that bike, nice and smooth road with rockier options if you want...

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the site. Will your wife kill you if you sell the HD or if you buy a KTM? Does she ride? My husband used to have a HD Road King too. After he bought a GS1150 the Road King just sat in the garage.

Fellow Ramonian (in the Acres),

Zarah

Hey Zarah,

We are in the Estates. I think my wife would kill me if I did pretty much anything right now. I bought two new bikes within a 20 day period, so I pretty much figure I have used up that line of credit with the wife for a while. It just kills me, as much as I love the Harley, being able to hit any dirt road I want to is so much fun! I've been more places in/between Ramona and Julian in the past month than I have the whole time we have lived here. We'll see, if I wait it out a year or two I can probably upgrade the BMW and keep the RKC. A buddy (who also lives in Ramona, one of the 5 friends we have 'imported' since moving here) has the 1200 version of my bike and I love that thing. Tough problems huh! Oh, wife does not ride. Hell, she won't even ride with me.....well, I did spend a week in a coma from a motorcycle accident back in '94......that might have something to do with it.

Mike

Mike, Welcome aboard. We have same BMW in our stable too, can realate to the therapy it offers. We will be attending the SDBMW event on Saturday. Are you going?

Pity your wife isn't into riding. My husband encouraged me to learn to ride and now our only reasons for not owning a dozen bikes a piece are not enough money and not enough room in the garage.

Welcome aboard Mike. I feel your pain. It took me 8 years to wear my wife down to get the dual sport... I also agree with you on the GS1200. I rented one last year for a 2 day ride and did not want to give it back.

Referred to this site by Crawdaddy - thanks! Grew up racing dirtbikes and riding street bikes. Out of it for years (work) and just got back into it. New to the dual sport thing, but totally hooked. I have a 2009 BMW G650GS and a 2010 HD RKC. Honestly, as much as I love the Harley, I have been looking at that thing lately and thinking.....man, I sure would like a KTM.....we'll see, I think my wife would kill me.

Been in Ramona for 11 years (although gone most of it for work). Finally have a job that allows me some play time, and I am spending 99% of that time on the BMW exploring the awesome places to ride right in my backyard.

I am always up for a ride, so if you are in or near Ramona and looking to ride, let me know. Also, I commute to the tip of Pt. Loma (Sub base) every day and like to take long meandering trips home. If anyone ever wants to meet somewhere and do one, let me know. Bottom line, one way or another I ride every day.

Appreciate the site, really cool to have a local site.

Mike

i sure would like to do some rides in Ramona. send me a message I live in Escondido,

Dan

i sure would like to do some rides in Ramona. send me a message I live in Escondido,

Dan

Also a Ramonan here. I will be riding the cedar creek/boulder oaks area friday if interested.

Dan

Also a Ramonan here. I will be riding the cedar creek/boulder oaks area friday if interested.

When? I have to 'work' but I can probably bail early.....or just blow it off.

When? I have to 'work' but I can probably bail early.....or just blow it off.

It's a fairly short ride that goes almost all the up to Julian, so leaving around noon would be OK. If you're interested I could meet you (and anyone else that's interested) at Packards.

I'm out in the Estates too. Let me know if you want to go putt around in the local areas. I never seem to get my butt in gear to go riding anymore. I need some peer pressure!

Will do. Actually, I was just kicking around a quick ride before the game.....hhhmmmm...workout or go ride......

UUUHHHMMMMM have you actually looked outside? :unsure:

Welcome to the group! I live at the end of Highland Valley. Hit me up for rides around Ramona.