Bagstr

Saturday 100 Mile Loop - Anza

Sounds good.......I will have to check with a buddy of mine that will be in the campground (the only plated one so far).....as long as he is up for it....we will probably leave around 8 and meet you guys on the trail.

Hopefully, at the squeeze......would like to get up and over the ridge and ride with you guys back

I would like to join you all. I need directions to the pinion mtn. meet up and the time.

4.6 miles south of Hwy 78 on S-2. At the Stagecoach Resort. Got a map?

Stage Coach Trails- 7878 Great Southern Overland

Myself and a another friend will meet ya all at the trail head. We'll be their at 9:00 ready to ride.

For the people who dont know where the trail head is. The trail head starts in front of Stage Coach Campground. You can google directions to the campground.

Anyone want to carpool there with me, Im in escondido.

Interested in this ride as long as my daughter is over her sore throat (wife has some bs to do with the Girl Scouts so I might get bagged hanging with sick daughter). Assuming I am free (I will be pumping the kid full of Vitamin C tonight!), would a BMW G650GS make this ride? I notice most of the pics of bikes on the site show offroad tires, the tires on my bike are, I believe, 80/20....they are the stock ones. I've done lots of trails around Ramona and Julian, but I don't really know how hardcore the trails in this ride are. Also, for some reason, the pics in the ride report are not showing, I just get a white square with a red 'X' in the middle.

Appreciate the info.

I'm probably going to stay with the otay ride. I'm not really prepared for a long distance ride. I have no ability to change a flat and I hate sand. I'll take a raincheck though haha

Everyone,

It appears we could have a good number of riders show for this ride. A good number in a positive sense. Just remember, " You Are On You Own" to quote Crawdaddy. Please be self supporting. We will definitely split into groups of 3-4 riders and put some time between groups. Dust will hopefully be minimal, but each group will have it's own flow.

I look forward to meeting new folks and seeing old friends, (Old in a Relative sense ) Routing is pretty easy to Fish Creek, so don't hesitate to Launch At Will from the trailhead. Julian Coffee and Tea is a Cozy hideout and I can't guarantee Captcham and I will arrive at the Trailhead before 9:15.

501321513_tohUY-L.jpg

Wil- I'm putting a new knobby and tube on the DRz next weekend...you're welcome to help/watch. You should definitely learn how and carry what you need...you can ride out on a flat, but it can get espensive

Disuper- without knowing your skill level, 80/20 tires will be a handful in the sand washes...more compacted this time of year than during fall, but could still be an issue. I wouldn't want to do it...

Interested in this ride as long as my daughter is over her sore throat (wife has some bs to do with the Girl Scouts so I might get bagged hanging with sick daughter). Assuming I am free (I will be pumping the kid full of Vitamin C tonight!), would a BMW G650GS make this ride? I notice most of the pics of bikes on the site show offroad tires, the tires on my bike are, I believe, 80/20....they are the stock ones. I've done lots of trails around Ramona and Julian, but I don't really know how hardcore the trails in this ride are. Also, for some reason, the pics in the ride report are not showing, I just get a white square with a red 'X' in the middle.

Appreciate the info.

This may Not be the ride to test those tires. The photos you don't see show a 30ft drop with zero runout at the bottom. Fish Creek is miles of deep sand. A bit of practice with DOT knobbies is in order before you tackle this one.

Get to it and we will be glad to see you on the trail.

Appreciate the info.

This may Not be the ride to test those tires. The photos you don't see show a 30ft drop with zero runout at the bottom. Fish Creek is miles of deep sand. A bit of practice with DOT knobbies is in order before you tackle this one.

We'd enjoy welcoming you on the Otay ride! We're not tire snobs :rolleyes:

Are you guys going Sat or Sun, being Mgt. sucks I have to work Sat. Coopdog and I were kicking around the same loop Sun. would like to hook up with everyone though. I'll just keep an eye on the posts.

just a little heads up from my trip out there today, i went through julian pretty early in the morn and encountered some black ice in spots especially going down the back side through banner grade. just keep an eye out where the water is running across the road, its not great in a car but could ruin your day on the two wheels.

ps conditions are pretty epic out there.

I am packed up and ready to go. Leaving from Escondido in the morning alone, in a 4 door F-350 Diesel. :rolleyes: No one wants to carpool? # in MO forum.

Well I would like to join the Saturday ride if its OK.

I've done the Desert dash a few times, so I know i'll probably drop my bike at the dropoff. :rolleyes: Hopefully i'll bounce back like before. ;)

I guess I have not been properly hazed by SDAR, so I am not a part of the members list.

I'll PM you my number. I am carrying a spare tube and tools, which i hopefully won't need.

My truck is loaded and ready to go early in the morning, as I have a long drive to get there.

See you around the Pinyon parking area in the morning.

John

I am packed up and ready to go. Leaving from Escondido in the morning alone, in a 4 door F-350 Diesel. :rolleyes: No one wants to carpool? # in MO forum.

Hey Schwin,

would be nice to car pool there. i email you my info give me a call if you think it is possible.

Thanks

sonny

Appreciate the info.

We'd enjoy welcoming you on the Otay ride! We're not tire snobs :rolleyes:

bagstr, I really appreciate the straightforward info. I couldn't call my skill level, but I do know that I am not fond of soft sand. One of my buddies with a V-Strom just got TK....somethings. They are supposed to be the super-whamadine, all-purpose, 'perfect tire'....at least according to him and another friend. Don't see replacing the tires before these wear down a bit, but we'll see - this off-road stuff is addicting!

Fakename, the jury is still out on the kid (wife is a nurse so she is nuking this out). I'm going to get up early and be ready to roll from Ramona to Otay, so as long as wife thinks kid is ok to hang at friend's house, I will meet you guys at Otay at 0930.

If it does not work out, I might at least head to Julian and out to the starting point to meet some of you, but I have to be home for my wife to leave at noon.

Again, I really appreciate all of it.

Excellent!! See you there. Love the investment in time.

Well I would like to join the Saturday ride if its OK.

I've done the Desert dash a few times, so I know i'll probably drop my bike at the dropoff. :ph34r: Hopefully i'll bounce back like before. :lol:

I guess I have not been properly hazed by SDAR, so I am not a part of the members list.

I'll PM you my number. I am carrying a spare tube and tools, which i hopefully won't need.

My truck is loaded and ready to go early in the morning, as I have a long drive to get there.

See you around the Pinyon parking area in the morning.

John

Signing Out until tomorrow. Can't wait for the Julian Coffee!

I am packed up and ready to go. Leaving from Escondido in the morning alone, in a 4 door F-350 Diesel. :ph34r: No one wants to carpool? # in MO forum.

Hey Schwin,

would be nice to car pool there. i email you my info give me a call if you think it is possible.

Thanks

sonny

call me or text me. Number in MO forum

No replies yet? I had a blast. We had a fast group of 9 and I did sweep the whole day although the group was so fast that sweep felt like keep up :clapping: That big mud hole up on jasper is there every year its just bigger :declare: There is a giant rut in the middle of the trial that swallowed ste63 but there is a way around it that crawdaddy pointed out.

No replies yet? I had a blast. We had a fast group of 9 and I did sweep the whole day although the group was so fast that sweep felt like keep up :clapping: That big mud hole up on jasper is there every year its just bigger :declare: There is a giant rut in the middle of the trial that swallowed ste63 but there is a way around it that crawdaddy pointed out.

had alot of fun thanks for the driving schwinn! and thanks for putting it together bagstr and knowing where to go )

till next time

sonny