I'm thinking of heading back up to Corral to work on the new trail Sunday if the place is back open by then. I've talked to Richard Tull and he says Corral WILL BE open this weekend. He said there were a couple of landslides onto the road that is why it was closed.

If any of you are interested in doing some bush wacking on Sunday please chime in and let me know. Will plan on meeting at Corral Campgound at 9:30 am on Sunday morning.

See you there???

ggrrrrr... I am out of town for a week...

normally, I would be all over a Sunday to help maintain the areas we ride

hmmmm. I can TRY to make this work, I really want to be there and enjoy this work alot...

BUSY WEEKEND if All plans go through:

Friday: riding MX track...Saturday OTAY MT. ride.....planned to hang with kids and my visiting mom Sunday.....will watch the thread and try.. :lol:

I hope to be able to make sunday unless something comes up with work.

What is plan, ride into the new trail and clear for a coupe of hours and then ride around back to 4 corners later?

I don't have any tools that could help, is that OK?

Also as I was not able to make first session I read about having to sign a waiver or something, will those be available on sunday?

Dai

I hope to be able to make sunday unless something comes up with work.

What is plan, ride into the new trail and clear for a coupe of hours and then ride around back to 4 corners later?

I don't have any tools that could help, is that OK?

Also as I was not able to make first session I read about having to sign a waiver or something, will those be available on sunday?

Dai

Yep, that is the plan. I'll have few pairs of loppers for folks to use and forms to sign. I want to do some riding after working too.

I just saw a Poulan electric cordless 8 inch chainsaw on line for about 100 bucks. Easy to carry and big enough for the kind of branches we'd be likely to encounter. Not gonna buy one though....

I might bring some bigger loppers this time. Pruning loppers are a lot of work to use. :unsure:

I did just buy a small chainsaw. If you need me to bring it, let me know. What tools should we bring? Are we going to ride in with tools?

I did just buy a small chainsaw. If you need me to bring it, let me know. What tools should we bring? Are we going to ride in with tools?

We haven't found more than about one or two spots that we actually needed something like a chainsaw and we muddled through them with folding bone saws (what a pain), so I don't think that it would be necessary to have a chainsaw with us. Mostly loppers are what seem to be the most useful. Last couple of times, we rode in with the tools, although some folks might not appreciate all the technical stuff and slabs for riding over with a pack and tools. The trail can be accessed in the middle part from trail eleven, if anybody wants to park their wheel drive vehicle or bike there and hike in.

Chain saws are pretty much over kill unless they are a miniture version. A cordless sawsall type of thing might be good but loppers seem to work best. Remember you will have to safely carry in/out whatever tools you take. We will ride out there from Corral Campground where we are staging from but you can drive a 4x4 out to near the trail on Trail 11 and hike in if you want.

Safety is a major concern so we need to make sure you have a safe way to carry your tools. Figure that out at home before coming up if you can. Bungie cords, nylon straps and velcro straps can be used to secure tools to your bike or pack. Just make sure it will be safe while you are riding and if you crash. Not easy to do but important.

This is how I carry my loppers. Strapped to the hand guards and tucked behind the number plate. Make sure nothing binds or rubs anything or can poke you while riding or crashing.

post-4114-1264701371_thumb.jpg

I'd love to help, but I have to prerun and make some changes to the Desert Dash route near Ocotillo this weekend. BLM called and told me the route they approved last year, is not the proper route.........time to find some new trails !

Alan, please make sure everyone knows about keeping track of their hours and posting them in the MO Forum section for the trail work.

Thanks !

sunday bad for me too...time with teens that day...they're not as excited about that work as I would be :sorry:

My lopper is sharp and my will is strong so I will be there.

I'm bringing the Honda. This new trail sounds a little evil so I'm going to ride some other stuff.

So we are going to stage at the Corral Canyon (not Bobcat Meadows) campground instead of Four Corners this time?

Love to help, but family obligations keep tying me to the homefront. I did reserve next Sunday though far enough in advance that I think I'll actually be able to get out.

I would love to come out and help but Baldbeemer's working and I just finished planting 7 trees in my yard so I will be spending most of tomorrow in the Shiatsu chair. If the Shiatsu chair does its job then I'm going riding. I suppose there will be plenty of other opportunities to work on the CC trail.

So we are going to stage at the Corral Canyon (not Bobcat Meadows) campground instead of Four Corners this time?

Yep, still the original plan. 9:30 am at Corral Campground. See you there.