danrider

New Member Intro

Hi to everyone from Dan

I found this new site and thought I would join.

A little bit about myself as a rider. I have been riding dirt bikes since the age of 12 and I am appoching the age of 49. I have had many types of bike in my life from a Husky 250, 360, Bultaco, ect. At the age of 45 I road my last vintage mx race in Carlsbad and had the privlage of getting my butt kicked by Brad Lackey on my Husky 360. One of my favorite times that I have currently is ridding with my son Joe and have been doing that for the last seven years. I currently own a KTM exc 450. I have never done a dual sport ride in my life and would like to do so (I would do a dual sport ride with Joe but not old enough). I try not to get airbore anymore because of all of the past broken bones and have a family I need to support, anymore making it home in one piece is a good thing, I can deal with a sore butt or knees and some motrin. I am hoping to meet so nice people on this site to share some ridding with. I know that people are particular in who they ride with and can assure you that I am not a jerk, like to have fun and I do like cold beer after a long ride, espeically Stone's IPA.

Dan

Welcome to the group Dan, I'm sure you'll find some fellow Stone IPA drinkers as well as a few riders here.

A couple things to remember about SDAR:

Don't sing like Fakename

Don't ride like Bikeslut

and

Don't crash like Strega (me)

Follow those simple guidelines and you'll have a great time here!!

Make sure to check out the informal rides section for upcoming rides!!

like to have fun and I do like cold beer after a long ride, espeically Stone's IPA.

Dan

Welcome to our community, Dan.

I think some of us like to have fun.......and Stone IPA.

welcome to the club... actually most of us are not very particular about who we ride with... that's why we are all still here... lots of different types, brands and speeds... and brews

no attitudes and good times

Don't ride like Bikeslut

HEY! Wait a minute!

Welcome aboard. Don't ride like Strega, because he keeps falling and getting injured. :good:;)

Welcome aboard! Good rides, great people.

I also make every attempt to NOT become airborne & come home in one piece.

Look forward to a ride..........

Welcome aboard. Don't ride like Strega, because he keeps falling and getting injured. :good:;)

Such is the life of ridin hard. :)

as you can see there seems to be a recommended approach to the site.

here's my take, have fun! let your enjoyment be the measure.

and damn...Brad Lackey, nice. ;)

Blind :good:

welcome Dan....come on out and ride the Desert Dash Feb 20-21...theres a thread with the sign up/info, etc...you'll get to meet a bunch of folks...

Welcome aboard Dan.. I am relatively new here also and from the little contact I have had with this crew I have a couple of observations..

1. They like to have fun..

2. They LOVE to ride..

and finally.. the consensus is that FakeName can't sing.. though I have not witnessed this personally. :good:

Oh, now Roger falls beautifully, and often.

His wallet is the one that says "BadAssFaller" on the outside.