HVYWT

Back tire 4 a twin ?

Looking for new rear tire and not sure of what I want . OEM got stuck and only lasted 1k :unsure:

Looking for new rear tire and not sure of what I want . OEM got stuck and only lasted 1k :unsure:

I can give you 40% off on Dunlop tires. Until the end of the month.

PM me.

I can give you 40% off on Dunlop tires. Until the end of the month.

PM me.

Thanks but I 'm still looking at what kind, and what others have used and would use again, and what would not use again .

Thanks but I 'm still looking at what kind, and what others have used and would use again, and what would not use again .

Let me know when you decide, I have Pirelli, Michelin,Bridgestone, Metzeler, Maxxis and more. I discount all the tires, but this month is a special on Dunlops.

Michael is just being silly...your Husaberg is not a twin

Like Wil, I've heard a lot of positive things about the TKC 80s over on advrider

Never run them myself, but I never considered my twin a dirt bike...

Tourance and Anakees are two more street oriented options I have heard good things about

I'm about to take a Maxxis Desert IT off and replace it with a Dunlop 606. The bike came with a Michelin 6Days extreme tire that was good in loose, damp sand and mud but didn't last very longin the dry southwest. The Maxxis had good tread life and offered great traction but unfortunatley is nonDOT. The 606 was pretty good when I had it on my XR so we'll see how it is on the Ape. It's hard to find someone that speaks poorly of a 606.

My twin shreads tires but I think it weighs about 100+ pounds less than yours. The Dunlop 908RR is supposed to be great for heavy twins with long life and good grip.

The TKC 80 is the way to go on the 950. That's all I use.

It is by far the best all around dirt and street tire. It actually grips really well while pushing it hard on the street in the twisties.

Call Kenny at Santee Motorcycle at 619-449-0344, he'll give you a price close to internet prices.

Or call Southwest Moto in Arizona, they have great prices, but Kenny will get you one within about $10 of their price.....Kenny only takes cash nowadays.

Jon- your twin is much different than a 950...

Also- I have bad things to say about the 606 front... I ALMOST hated mine...back was acceptable, but the front didn't hook; it pushed in corners

Jon- your twin is much different than a 950...

Also- I have bad things to say about the 606 front... I ALMOST hated mine...back was acceptable, but the front didn't hook; it pushed in corners

The guy who asked about the tire rides a 950.

606 Front......there go those tire opinions again :unsure:B) ......I've never had a problem with a 606 front, even use them on the 950 sometimes. Though I do PREFER the TKC80 on the front of the 950.

I forgot that I can get Continental also.

That TKC80 for the KTM 950 90/90-21 would run 88.00 plus tax and the 150/70-18 would run 156.00 plus tax. This price is good for as of now January.

Thanks Kelly

That TKC80 for the KTM 950 90/90-21 would run 88.00 plus tax and the 150/70-18 would run 156.00 plus tax. This price is good for as of now January.

Thanks Kelly

Kelly, price on a 140-18 TKC80 rear please......the 150's are not necessary and cost a bit more.

thanks !

Gotta love these tire threads. I wonder how many replies this 1 will go :lol::lol:

Schwinn, this one probably won't get pages of responses, since the question was for tires on an adventure bike.....which most people don't have here :lol:

Thanks Kelly

Kelly, price on a 140-18 TKC80 rear please......the 150's are not necessary and cost a bit more.

thanks !

The 140-18 would be 100.00 plus tax. That is 25% off retail.

The 140-18 would be 100.00 plus tax. That is 25% off retail.

Wow, great price. I'll take one........but wait until I contact my friends who ride 950's....I think we'll get a few more probably.

Schwinn, this one probably won't get pages of responses, since the question was for tires on an adventure bike.....which most people don't have here :lol:

Actually it may get half as many pages as long as everybody notices the discussion is only about rear tires.

Schwinn, this one probably won't get pages of responses, since the question was for tires on an adventure bike.....which most people don't have here B)

Actually it may get half as many pages as long as everybody notices the discussion is only about rear tires.

The thread was about tires for a twin, which I own, just not a 400 pound twin so I felt I could add an opinion.

It WAS about rear tires until bikeslut showed up....

Most the big bike riders on ADV rider run the 908RR rears on the big KTMs IIRC more so the super enduro and guys riding harder off road stuff TKC 80 is more of a pavement fire road tire isnt it?

The TKC80 is the best tire for the rear of the 950, period. The reason I say this is, the tires available for serious adventure type riding and dirt riding are limited.

The 908 rear is OK if you're riding strictly dirt, otherwise I'd stay away from it.

I have over 25,000 miles on the 950 using TKC80's on the rear........it really is the best tire for the 950 !

I've ridden thousands of miles of all kinds of terrain including nasty trails, deep sand, rocks, hard pack, and pavement with the TKC80.

NO, it is not just a pavement/fire road tire.

Thanks, I thought the continental was looking good.

I saw a big michelin don't remember # looked good, any input ?

Someone likes bagging us 400+ pounders , I think thats pretty racist ;) Oh yea my bike weigh that much too.