lark for a half day or anza for a full day

For me the drive to either one is about the same. I'm in for a full day regardless of where we go.

Great- jon

Let's do lark and ride with Z and Mimi- if that's not enough, we can stop at corral on the way back and ride 3, 5 and 8

Great- jon

Let's do lark and ride with Z and Mimi- if that's not enough, we can stop at corral on the way back and ride 3, 5 and 8

checking in. BS and crew, open trails or tight fun stuff (ugly) routes? have the need (addiction)for technical rocks and berms.

Great- jon

checking in. BS and crew, open trails or tight fun stuff (ugly) routes? have the need (addiction)for technical rocks and berms.

OK for me. I am sure at some time during the day we'll do some good tech riding.

Jon

No fire roads- we'll ride the beautiful ugly stuff at both paces I think

Everybody good with starting at Lark? I know Robert knows the place well, as does Mimi

Is 8 am too early for anyone?

Everybody good with starting at Lark? I know Robert knows the place well, as does Mimi

Is 8 am too early for anyone?

Sounds like a plan.

Of course 8:00 is too early. :lol: It takes me almost two hours to get out there, and that's if the traffic is light. But I'll try to make it.

Of course 8:00 is too early. B) It takes me almost two hours to get out there, and that's if the traffic is light. But I'll try to make it.

I would not be opposed to starting at 9 if that helps out. ?:lol:

Well, I'll be there at 6 or 7, but I'll recognize you and meet up whenever you get there...

Drooler...

So; the normal people ride at 8, then swing by at 9 and pick up the drooler(s)

Well, I'll be there at 6 or 7, but I'll recognize you and meet up whenever you get there...

Drooler...

So; the normal people ride at 8, then swing by at 9 and pick up the drooler(s)

So I take it that you will be riding along with the normal people? :lol:

If I can finish my "work" I am doing on the CRF.....I may meet you out there.

Where is Lark?

Where is Lark?

You have never been out to McCain valley before, out I-8 just east of Boulevard?

Take I-8 east, get off at the exit just past the Golden Acorn exit, make a right then go to old highway 80 and make a left. Go east till you get to McCain Valley road and make a left and keep going till you see the first staging area with trucks, an outhouse, an oak tree or two and some picnic tables in the middle of an open area.

oh......duh! I have always referred to that as Mccain Valley

oh......duh! I have always referred to that as Mccain Valley

Me too. ^_^

I'll meet the normal people and try to blend

I believe the confusion is the general area is McCain Valley, and the OHV area is Lark Canyon. I'm not a geologist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last year.

checking in again, this weekend (special ride) may offset the tues ride, if i am there on tues, i will find y'all , if not have a good one, and at least one needs to clear the 2 rock climb/wall sections, both directions! if you spot em.

checking in again, this weekend (special ride) may offset the tues ride, if i am there on tues, i will find y'all , if not have a good one, and at least one needs to clear the 2 rock climb/wall sections, both directions! if you spot em.

How would we find these? Are they part of the trials course?

So Tuesday at 8 - 9 am at Lark? Dual sport or Offroad? I might join you folks.

love to have you Alan... you can ride my bike through the scary parts

I am bringing one of each... if our group wants to do some really technical stuff, I'll ride the DRZ... with a plate... and an electric start

Jon has a plate; not sure what Todd and Mimi are running... I would guess a green sticker is a safe bet

Ok, to recap, cause I havn't been on to many of these. Are we startin at 8 from the tree for a loop then coming back ? On tuesday ?

HIJAK Any thought to riding Corral and the new trail ?

Yeah-Tuesday at 8...I'll be there earlier

Bill- I don't want to blow off mccain, but we can check out that trail afterwards, or another day if you want

Where is Lark?

Got most of the "work" done and was able to get out to Mccain (Lark) yesterday for a bit. I will be unable to make it on Tuesday....executives coming to town and wouldn't be a good idea to play hooky while they are here :lol:

not sure what Todd and Mimi are running... I would guess a green sticker is a safe bet

Since we are hitting McCaines I will be allowed to ride the 2 smoker. Are we meeting in the day lot near the bathroom??