bikeslut

newbs, lurkers, vets and gimps

I needed to get in a short half day ride, marc wanted an Otay Tour... so we threw together a plan and met at Thousand Trails

As I ride up, I see brenden with his katoom in the back... as a self professed newbie, he was eager for advice... so we put some air in his front tire :lol:

DSCN0040.jpg

who the????

DSCN0042.jpg

back from the dead... fakey namey... it's french apparently

DSCN0043.jpg

some more guys show up...

DSCN0044.jpg

DSCN0046.jpg

we ended up with... 8?...

including lurker Will... he's tried to get access, but is patiently waiting... this guy rode all the trails on his DR650 with deathwings... and rocked the joint... seriously; I can only imagine what he would be ablt to do on an MX bike with knobbies

DSCN0071.jpg

DSCN0066.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

DSCN0051.jpg

DSCN0060.jpg

DSCN0061.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

DSCN0065.jpg

forgive me if I screw up these names/faces

l to r

ste63, will, fake name, marc, hoss, brenden and rick

bikeslut is mercifully behind the lens... which explains the crappy photos... I have more crappy ones if anybody is interested

my first ride with will, marc, brenden, and hoss... nice mix of speeds and bikes... good ride guys

a reminder of trail etiquette 101... when you make that left turn... SOMEBODY wait for the photographer... I had a nice 20 minute solo ride, too :)

:lol: - it's all good... it was as dust free as I got all day

My apologize Bikeslut. Just one of the many noob lessons learned that day.

Here's a partial list, I'm sure there's more you can add.

1) Make sure you have air in your tires when you show up to ride.

2) If you don't have air in your tires, you better have a pump! (nope).

3) If it takes you 25 minutes to put your gear on, you probably shouldn't start getting dressed 10 minutes before the ride.

4) Pants first, then boots! Thanks Fakename.

5) If you fall off you bike half way up a steep incline, don't throttle/clutch/walk your bike up the hill. Just ride down and have at it again. I'm still tired from doing just that.

6) It's ok to use "a little" front brake on the decents.

7) If you ride around for 45 minutes before the ride starts, you should probably top off your gas tank.

8) When two roads diverge on the trail, and you take the one less traveled, the guy behind you that was taking pictures of you ride off will probably choose the other road. And that made the difference between keeping the group together and losing Bikeslut for 20 minutes. Lesson learned, wait for the guy behind you!

Everyone, thank you for your patience and coaching. I had an awesome time.

Bikeslut, I can't thank you enough for sweeping me up the whole day, probably would have run off a cliff if you weren't there.

Hey Brenden- you did great!

if you DO run off the cliff, I will be sure to take a picture!

out of focus, and badly composed, like the rest of these!

Bikeslut, I can't thank you enough for sweeping me up the whole day, probably would have run off a cliff if you weren't there.

Well, let's not get carried away. I took my turns at sweep too!

Brenden you did a remarkable job as a n00b- just add seat time. And it was knee guards, then pants, then boots. If you have the in-boot type pants.

Go ahead, everyone start making jokes about my talking the pants off the new guy. Go on, I know you want to.

Great ride guys! I had a great time.....looking forward to more rides. It was very nice meeting those of you I had not met before and can't wait for more riding.

Mike

I like Fakeys xmas light on his bike its a nice touch

fun ride, let's go on another ride

who else was taking pictures on the ride??........post up!

ah, Rick... didn't know you were an SDAR member... cool

Will... call my cell if you want me to look in to your site access

six- 1- NEIN...nine NEIN three-684zero

also- figure out your bike glitch?

ah, Rick... didn't know you were an SDAR member... cool

Will... call my cell if you want me to look in to your site access

six- 1- NEIN...nine NEIN three-684zero

also- figure out your bike glitch?

Hey guys, It's Wil here.

My bike is acting up even more now, We initially thought it was water in the gas, on the ride home it would back fire ALOT. So we opened the float bowl drain screw and there wasn't any water in the gas, and now we're looking at a clogged main jet or a hole in the diaphram. :unsure: Either one is not good!

Great pictures bikeslut, I'd love to see more.

It was great riding with all you guys, hopefully I didn't slow you down too much with my street tires and my huge mirrors. Ordered a pair of shinko 244s so that problem should solved. I definitly want to do another ride soon! I've only been riding my 650 for a couple months, my last dirtbike was a CRF100 ha!

clogged main jet and torn diaphragm are easy fixes... diagnosing it is the hard part... post if you need help, rather than going to a shop

I heard you back firing quite a bit; assuming your jetting is stock, I wonder if it's not a problem with your needle instead...

but I'm a hack... lots of guys are good wrenches

clogged main jet and torn diaphragm are easy fixes... diagnosing it is the hard part... post if you need help, rather than going to a shop

I heard you back firing quite a bit; assuming your jetting is stock, I wonder if it's not a problem with your needle instead...

but I'm a hack... lots of guys are good wrenches

Well my dad is a motorcycle mechanic of 30+years, so hopefully he can figure it out...

If it is the jetting, we're going to drill it out a little :unsure:

You also had a DR650 right? What upgrades do you have? I was looking into a header/exhaust, but it wouldn't do much...maybe a new airbox/filtering and drilled jetting will help...

I had a good ride hope the rest of you did as well, I sent bob the pic's I took at least the ones that came out OK I don't know how to post them. Thanks for the Gas ran out about a quater mile before we got bacl to Thousand Trails. I'm bad with name could the rider who had the Honda 250X sent me a PM I would like to ask you a couple of questions.

I had a good ride hope the rest of you did as well, I sent bob the pic's I took at least the ones that came out OK I don't know how to post them. Thanks for the Gas ran out about a quater mile before we got bacl to Thousand Trails. I'm bad with name could the rider who had the Honda 250X sent me a PM I would like to ask you a couple of questions.

check your outbox...no pics... gotta run guys... have a good night!

I wish I would've come by. I ended up flaking out because I got the bottle flu.... I had a BBQ Sat. and ended up drinking most of the day. :bad: .... Not a good idea.

looks like a fun ride guys...sorry I missed it......Brenden...loved your list....it's always good to have a sense of humour and be able to laugh at our newb selves....(something I'm not so good at...I take the bike dumps & bike wrestling way too seriously :lol::bad: ).....just easy to get mad wrestling something that weighs twice what I do....

and I'm always worried about slowing everyone down....oh well...still learning but having a blast along the way.

Nice to have the patient experts around.....so many awesome people here.....

Who was everyone? Who was riding sweep behind Brendan? Who was on the 250x?

Any idea when you guys will be back out that way? I can't wait to ride it once I get my new tires, and not to mention, the trail will be way better wet, no more dust storms!

I was hoping to get Trophy out, and buzzed his house. I wanted to do a donut (sorry, Ken, donut joke) on his lawn, but though better of it. Maybe Mrs Trophy had a weak and generous moment that morning and he was otherwise occupied.

What do you mean by deathwings?

Trailwings are stock slippery tires such as on your bike.....nicknamed deathwings

Deathwings are a reference to Trail Wings...those are the TW41 and 42 if I'm not mistaken...

There are many different trailwing tires...some are not bad in the dirt; the TW200 comes with some that are ok...I think the XRL does too...

THOSE are not

Any idea when the next ride is? My dad wants to come. He'll be riding a, get ready...1975 DT250 Yamaha :bad: (plated)