Anybody forsaking football and parades for some desert riding?

Went out to Plaster City with my 10 year old, but we were hindered by... he's 10; which means he doesn't have a license... He has a ttr125; which means his gas tank is a gallon... I left my gps at home; which means i had no way to phone in coordinates :lol: ... and i don't really know the area.

I will say the jumps out in the OHV area are freakin' steep! I soiled myself flying over the top of what i expected to be a flat top... dropped away at a 50 degree angle. LOOK before you LEAP!

I can truck some bikes out from Alpine if that helps. If anybody is going anywhere, I'd love to tag along. The knee has healed up, and I've sorted out the gearing/jetting/tires on the DRZ.

Anybody forsaking football and parades for some desert riding?

Went out to Plaster City with my 10 year old, but we were hindered by... he's 10; which means he doesn't have a license... He has a ttr125; which means his gas tank is a gallon... I left my gps at home; which means i had no way to phone in coordinates :lol: ... and i don't really know the area.

I will say the jumps out in the OHV area are freakin' steep! I soiled myself flying over the top of what i expected to be a flat top... dropped away at a 50 degree angle. LOOK before you LEAP!

I can truck some bikes out from Alpine if that helps. If anybody is going anywhere, I'd love to tag along. The knee has healed up, and I've sorted out the gearing/jetting/tires on the DRZ.

I am taking my family to Superstition for New Years weekend. I have a boy who is 10 and girl who is 13, and a wife who is...a rider also. If you'd like to meet up for a ride that would be cool.

I am interested in that area... as we get closer, I will finalize plans and post here.

Thanks for the offer...

I am interested in that area... as we get closer, I will finalize plans and post here.

I will be camping with the Airheads BMW Club at their annual New Year's Eve campout at Agua Caliente on Highway S-2. I will be meeting Ride Orange, who will be camping in his toy hauler at Plaster City. We plan on prerunning some trails and finding some new trails to get to Ocotillo Wells from there.

Will keep all posted about possible meeting times and places. I plan on heading out to go camping on Friday the 29th.

Merry Christmas

Anybody forsaking football and parades...?

Always.

I can truck some bikes out from Alpine if that helps.

I'll do my best to schedule that in. What time from your place?

I'd like to join in on this.

When and where could we meet up?

I should be able to be out there anytime from Saturday to Monday.

YES ! Sounds like fun to me too . . Lets talk logistics . . . :D

Let me see if I can get my trailer set up for more bikes by then... otherwise, I can only take MAYBE two more in my truck. If he doesn't go I can fit more.

I'll plan on leaving Alpine somewhere around 7 or 8... any differing opinions?

Does Superstition sound like a go, or do we want to try and meet up with the Agua Caliente/Plaster City groups?

Let me see if I can get my trailer set up for more bikes by then... otherwise, I can only take MAYBE two more in my truck. If he doesn't go I can fit more.

I'll plan on leaving Alpine somewhere around 7 or 8... any differing opinions?

Does Superstition sound like a go, or do we want to try and meet up with the Agua Caliente/Plaster City groups?

I'd be interested in that trip, I'll have to let you know as my plans for New Years Eve are in limbo. Actually, the longer I think about it the more I'd rather ride. We'll see. I'd be proud to have a spot on that trailer... :D

7-8 is good with me, I've never ridden either location so any one or both works.

Jon

OK- I'll try to find some flush mount D rings for the trailer floor, and get them installed before then.

We'll be heading to "The Dip" on Friday morning. It's located on the West side of Huff Road, about a half mile North of the Wheeler Road (Superstition) turn-off. This spot is usually less crowded and avoids all the bumps and dust of dirt road to the South side of the mountain...

We're planning a ride from there to O.Wells and the Blu Inn to connect with Rad on Saturday. All are welcome to camp or just ride with us of course :D Send me a PM or an email to rob@division8inc.com and let me know if you can make it. Otherwise, look for the "Division 8 Racing" rig flying Old Glory and the KTM colors!

Oops, replied at RideOrange's other post. I will repost here.

It may be best to avoid the areas associated with a race like the plague. Unless we were going to spectate, I am in to ride and ride a lot.

Jon

As soon as I know my details for the weekend, I will post them here. I want to meet Ride Orange Saturday at Superstition to ride to Ocotillo Wells. I will prerun some trails on the way out to Superstition in the morning.

Rob, what time were you guys thinking of actually getting on the bikes to ride to OW ?? Hopefully not too early, so I have time to get down there from Agua Caliente Saturday Morning.

Otherwise we'll head out to OW and try to meet you there.

Anyone else know of good options to go from Superstition to OW ? I know of one sand wash (lots of sand), and the main DR along the railroad tracks. I want to check out other options.

Thanks,

OK- here's what I see shaping up... meet at Casa de Bikeslut fairly early. Assuming I have my trailer outfitted, I can fit 3 bikes in my truck, and as many as my trailer can fit... assuming my V6 150 doesn't mind chugging up to Laguna Pass. We'll trailer out to Superstition, and unload...

I will most likely take my son, so we are "dirt only" for this trip, but the group can split up and just arrange to meet later. He is generally fast enough to keep up with the group... and his bike is light enough to lift over anything. If his soccer team advances to the finals, he won't be going, and I'll feel like a schmuck... so let's all root for them to lose! Course, I'm going riding anyway...

Somebody else finalize a time, and we'll leave within 15 minutes or so of that time. I'll pack a cooler for anybody that wants to bring drinks.

Realize; I have never been to Superstition nor Ocotillo Wells, so I am not acting as tour guide for this one... I'm just driving the bus. I did drive by Ocotillo Wells on Sunday, and it looks like a hella lotta fun. I was planning on parking and esplorin' ...

If I can get definite "ins" or "outs" That would help... anybody with straps should bring them.

Sandiegoland-

Mikeyb- (do you know fred Nicolette?)

Hondapilot-

pyro-

Bikelut- In

Morgan- In

Carguy- feel like joining in? I could stop at the Buckman Springs exit

alex?-

anybody else?

OK- here's what I see shaping up... meet at Casa de Bikeslut fairly early. Assuming I have my trailer outfitted, I can fit 3 bikes in my truck, and as many as my trailer can fit... assuming my V6 150 doesn't mind chugging up to Laguna Pass. We'll trailer out to Superstition, and unload...

I will most likely take my son, so we are "dirt only" for this trip, but the group can split up and just arrange to meet later. He is generally fast enough to keep up with the group... and his bike is light enough to lift over anything. If his soccer team advances to the finals, he won't be going, and I'll feel like a schmuck... so let's all root for them to lose! Course, I'm going riding anyway...

Somebody else finalize a time, and we'll leave within 15 minutes or so of that time. I'll pack a cooler for anybody that wants to bring drinks.

Realize; I have never been to Superstition nor Ocotillo Wells, so I am not acting as tour guide for this one... I'm just driving the bus. I did drive by Ocotillo Wells on Sunday, and it looks like a hella lotta fun. I was planning on parking and esplorin' ...

If I can get definite "ins" or "outs" That would help... anybody with straps should bring them.

Sandiegoland-

Hondapilot-

pyro-

Bikelut- In

Morgan- In

alex?-

anybody else?

Thinkin about it. OK, I will ride the desert. Not sure if I will ride down or trailer.

I want to meet up with Randy & RO to pre-run.

I think we plan to take the trail that I've done a few times. We will head to the back of superstition and through a lot of washes and some trails with a few whoops but nothing too bad. Everybody should be good to go. Last time My son went with us on his 125 and a couple other newbie riders but everyone made it fine. There is gas at the blue inn for people that need to fill up for the way back. It was about 80 +- 5 mi. round trip depending on the way we decide to return.

stupid point of the day... My trailer can fit tons of bikes... but I only have 5 seats in the truck... DUH!!!

So the first 5 takers get a seat on the bus... I have 2 taken, so that leaves three seats left.

Craig gets preferential treatment cuz he helped rescue my DRZ and he already knows about the noisy window on my truck.

I'm not clear about the day, time, and place to meet :rolleyes: and I like the plan :ph34r:

Sandiegoland-

Hondapilot-

pyro-

Bikelut- In

Morgan- In

alex?-

anybody else?

Rob, what time were you guys thinking of actually getting on the bikes to ride to OW ?? Hopefully not too early, so I have time to get down there from Agua Caliente Saturday Morning.

I'm hoping to get rid of the hang-over by 11:00 or so...

Realize; I have never been to Superstition nor Ocotillo Wells, so I am not acting as tour guide for this one... I'm just driving the bus.

No worries, I've never ridden from Superstition to O.Wells, so I nominate Tree's headlight mascott to be our qualified "guide monkey" (look close and you'll see what I mean...).

Posted Image

Here's a map link http://www.sd4wheel.com/Superstition/SuperMap.htm

Go past the Wheeler Road turn-off about a mile (but not past the right-hand sweeping curve in Huff Road). Look for the rigs on the left side of the road. Our camp will look something like this:

Posted Image

Guest Numbskull

Randy I would like to camp with you and the airheads. If that is possible please call Michael @ 619 850 2742 or michael@ruffracks.com Thanks

(my 10 yeard old) is generally fast enough to keep up with the group...

Yea, he won't be last. I can guarantee that! :rolleyes:

What is the range of his bike? I am sure between our two tanks we can cough up a gallon or two and have a fine run.

I'm still in at the moment.

When and where?

Is everyone meeting at "the dip" on Saturday morning?

What time?

I was planning on meeting at the "base camp" by 10 or so... and yeah, Craig... he has a 1 gallon tank, but it gets 100 miles to the gallon! No electrical stuff to power, and no smog stuff to compensate for. I can pull a line off my carb, and drain it straight in to his tank, IF it comes to that. Enjoy your moment... while nobody's looking

Hi all,

I'm still not clear about the day and starting time of the ride. Saturday? I do not plan on camping and will come to the starting point of the ride. Is it going to be a loop to O. Wells and back? How long? Is it all fine on Dunlop 606 (sand dunes)?

Alex.