Crawdaddy

A Terrible Weekend with Crawdaddy and Strega

Hate to state the obvious, but you've been replaced, Roger. By a younger, taller, better looking version of you.

Sad that The Daddy moved on so quickly. :lol:

HAHAHAHAH I almost pissed myself when I read that ;) LOL

Thanks Ken, I needed that :lol:

We just pulled into Bonnie Springs...it's time for breakfast.

Roger, Chris said your just a whinney bitch!

As for the ride lots for rocks and lots of FAST sections!

He's only saying that cuz I'm not close enough to whoop his ass, even with 1 bad eye :lol:

He's only saying that cuz I'm not close enough to whoop his ass, even with 1 bad eye :lol:

and a laundry list of other ailments... how you healing up Roger?

Roger all I have to say is you missed out on all the eye candy! Dude red rock was awesome but the babes that were hiking were better!

We put in 145 miles today and rocks are plentiful! No flats and Chris got shitty gas milage on his 250.

Good ride today - the kid is passed out ( 2 many brewskies) - Mojave Rd tomorrow

The tracks are in the bag and we are stuck in traffic on the 15 on our way home.

Just for the record I didnt have to many beers last night I had just the right amount!

I'll give a ride report tomorrow. Oh and did I say there was rocks?

Ya know...Popeye had a squinky eye and he whooped some...

The tracks are in the bag and we are stuck in traffic on the 15 on our way home.

Just for the record I didnt have to many beers last night I just the right amount!

I'll give a ride report tomorrow. Oh and did I say there was rocks?

I want to see photos of these rocks! This is not going to be a trials run is it?

and a laundry list of other ailments... how you healing up Roger?

Everything but the eye is healing decently. Won't be on the bike for a while but I don't mind, just want to see clearly again. Just a waiting game now.

Well, Johnny Nash said:

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,

I can see all obstacles in my way

Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind

It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)

Sun-Shiny day.

Well, Johnny Nash said:

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,

I can see all obstacles in my way

Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind

It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)

Sun-Shiny day.

Oh my Gosh. I actually heard him sing that! Get out of my head!!!

The tracks are in the bag

I'm pretty pleased with the results of our pre-running (thanks for coming along Aaron).......we nixed a few things and added in some other cool stuff.........both days are ~140 miles as advertised and both days have a mix of challenging and easy sections......nothing overly difficult, but that's coming from a guy who rode his "cheater" bike (WR250R)......you'll be pretty tired out if you ride a ADV bike on either of these loops.......I would definitely call it more of a dualsport ride than a ADV ride.....nuff said...

I have the active tracks edited and ready to go.......some rocks/sand/whoops are unavoidable......and the Mojave Rd. section has a lot of sandy trail in it.......that's just part of the deal..........but I've also inserted a few bailout waypoints and some "cheat/bypass" tracks which I DO NOT recommend but I want folks to know there are options to bail/bypass some of the whoops/rocks/sandy trails if they're running late/tired/or just looking for a shorter/mellower ride.....

Fuel ranges between gas stops (unsupported) - Day one ~95 miles, Day two ~110 miles

We left both days around 7am and managed to get back around 3:30ish......best be on the road no later than 8am on game day or you may have to cut your ride short to finish in daylight.....

Perhaps Aaron will start a ride report in a separate posting with a few teaser pics B)

(thanks for coming along Aaron)

Thanks for driving!

I would definitely call it more of a dualsport ride than a ADV ride

I FULLY agree :shout:

some rocks/sand/whoops are unavoidable

These are the best parts! :shout:

Perhaps Aaron will start a ride report in a separate posting with a few teaser pics B)

I was on it first thing this AM but "work" blocks photobucket...

I did manage to snap 70 pictures so I'll post a couple tonight :lol:

So Crawdaddy, what kind of range did you get with your stock tank?

I put in 1.8 gallons when we finished the second half of the Red Rock loop and I had ~93 miles on my GPS.........sooooo 93/1.8 = 51.666666666666 (My tank is 1.9 gallons so I was cutting it pretty close.......thought I'd be getting more like ~50mpg so I didn’t bring a fuel bottle on day one......)

Mileage was the same yesterday on Mojave Rd......tire spinning I guess.......I was caring a 1 quart fuel bottle this time........we went ~117 miles between fuel stops doing some exploring and I put in ~2.25(?) gallons so 117/2.2 = 52

I need to dial in my fuel programmer......I think I'm running rich.......

I think running a little rich during break-in is good to keep the combustion chamber temps down. Wait until it is broke in and loosened up and then lean it out to 13/1 or so for max power and fuel economy. Just my .02. B)

I think running a little rich during break-in is good to keep the combustion chamber temps down. Wait until it is broke in and loosened up and then lean it out to 13/1 or so for max power and fuel economy. Just my .02. :shout:

Trust me, after this weekend.....it's broken in B) :shout:

First post updated with links to Map of Tracks and GPS Track file in both .gpx and .gdb format (hosted by Strega)

Crawdaddy, did you put new tires on the Yamaha yourself? When I helped put Jaynen's tires on, I had a difficult time getting the bead to seat on those rims, I don't think I could have done it out in the field. The may have eventually seated just from riding though. But all the same I would hold off on the flats for now :unsure: .

Crawdaddy, did you put new tires on the Yamaha yourself?

Nope - Dropped them off at AAKTM to be changed/balanced......(now that Jarrett's moved out :unsure::P )

FYI I have averaged 55mpg with my WRR

Oh, then maybe my fuel programmer is set up fine? :good: ......though I'll still fiddle with it.....I only want to be rich enough to be efficient......kind of dissappointing :unsure: ........I expected no less than ~55-60mph since the mfg advertised range is 71mpg (stock).......good thing we both have Rotopax tanks to carry along.......because I'd imagine I'll only get mid 40's when I ride this bike aggressively.....