SCHWINN

RANTS & RAVES

What about the pre recorded phone company message that follows a persons own recorded message on thier voice mail. What the heck is up with that! Just give me the Beep already!

And Carly Simon,,, come on lady,,, The dudes not vain,,, you did write the song about him. Its all about him. Get over it allready and quit stalking the poor guy.

Great post by the way.

Ok here is my final one for the day....How is it our President ( Obama, not Randy ) has enough time to travel to Switzerland to lobby for the Olimpics, and only has 3.5 hours to spend in New Olines talking to residents in a one small area of the devistated zone. Ok thats my Obama rant Thanks for the opportunity

BC

MORE RANTS: Also not worth reading...

How come I am in the fast lane or HOV lane and there is always a Prius doing 60mph and everyone is passing him on the right and then cut back in front of them. These HYBRIDS think they own the fast lane and HOV lane. The people that ride alone in the HOV lanes with the stickers on side and back of their cars are losing that right in January unless they get a extension,I hope not.

I drive a prius and I have yet to drive less then 80 on the freeway :unsure:

True that, though, Schwinn. It's quite annoying running into a situation like that.

When coming back from the desert a little while ago I saw a hybrid pulling a bike on a trailer, I think it was a KTM ( it may have been a forum member). He was going at a pretty good clip.

I am convinced I am going to be killed by a clown cutting into the carpool illegally across all 4 solid double lines. A prius cut in front of me from 5mph traffic and I was going 70 and had about 30ft to react so I went for the Emergency lane, he saw me coming and froze in the lane probably just saw me knowing it was to late. When I went for the E lane I hit a large piece of metal but the metal stayed there. I noticed my bike was increasingly getting worse in handling and the front end acting very heavy. I leaned out at speed and checked my tires especially the front but it looked like it had air. Eventually it got so bad that I got off of south I-5 at the San Onofre power plant off ramp. Front tire flat. I would like to get a hold of that Prius driver now. I call up Triple A and they inform me that they will only Tow me 7 miles, after that its 7 to 9 bucks a mile. Now Im pissed cuz Im like 40 miles from home. I have a flat repair kit in all my bikes complete with Co2s and hole plugs for tubeless ocasions. I stab a plug in the whole and stick 2 Co2s in the tire and walah Im off and riding. Heading south on I-5 I encounter super heavy traffic from the rest stop over Camp Pendleton all the way into O-side. Turns out there was a car accident ahead of us. While splitting lanes in about 15 mph traffic cars are coming to a complete stop and people are running out in traffic as I get closer I see a Harley laying there and a female rider down. I stop to help as much as I can till help arrives. She has what I would call a concussion at the time. Her name is Patrina and she goes in and out of conciousness, she blurts out a phone number and witnesses say she was in the back of 3 total bikes. We call and her husband is about 3 miles down the road at a offramp and I direct him back up to us. He pulls up and he recognizes me but he has a full face helmet on so I dont know who he is till he gets his helmet off. Its Mike Shelby or New York Mike, the owner of San Diego Harley Davidson. I have known him many years. We rode together to Tri-City Hospital and stay with his wife and I left after while knowing that it looked like she will be OK.. Lets hope and pray Mikes wife Patrina will have a speedy recovery. I did not have a good day and just now got home and have to buy a new front tire tomorrow for my bike.

Schwinn....the upside is you were able to help when needed (as you always do). I'm sure it was appreciated.

The Prius driver....well.....

My problem is non of them are consistant. I have had 7 inspectors in 9 inspections. So each time I have to go over all the things ( hoops I had to jump through ) again, and then I still get a yellow card for B.S. (not bikeslut). I Hope I get through the last few things without blowing a gastket :unsure::lol:

Hope to have it all done soon, so we can have a SDAR party ;)

Cross your fingers folks

BC

I'm with you on the inspector thing...

I built the garage at my last house... by myself, with one relative in the trade. They didn't seem to like that I was doing it myself... the permit in the office was no big deal... change this panel, add this brace.

in the FIELD however... You call for a re-inspect, and the new guy says "nah... it would've been fine the other way"\

I run in to it with the health department all the time... difference of opinion, and phrasing that leaves room for interpretation... hang in there, Brent

My problem is non of them are consistant. I have had 7 inspectors in 9 inspections. So each time I have to go over all the things ( hoops I had to jump through ) again, and then I still get a yellow card for B.S. (not bikeslut). I Hope I get through the last few things without blowing a gastket :rolleyes: :bomb:

Hope to have it all done soon, so we can have a SDAR party :)

Cross your fingers folks

BC

Ages ago the Building inspectors would always inspect with their hand out. If something was not put in their hand, like green colored paper, they would always find something wrong and would never clear the job. I had hoped that things had changed over the years. Maybe not. Look at you inspector next time, does he have his hand out?

When coming back from the desert a little while ago I saw a hybrid pulling a bike on a trailer, I think it was a KTM ( it may have been a forum member). He was going at a pretty good clip.

WHAT KINDA PERSON WOULD DRIVE A BLUE HYBRID FOUR DOOR WITH A TRAILER HITCH AND A TWO STROKE KTM AND A FOURSTROKE KTM LAND CHEWING AIR POLUTING FIRE STARTING EARTH KILLER????? SIMPLY SHOCKING I DONT GET IT ... IM IN AWE

;)

WHAT KINDA PERSON WOULD DRIVE A BLUE HYBRID FOUR DOOR WITH A TRAILER HITCH AND A TWO STROKE KTM AND A FOURSTROKE KTM LAND CHEWING AIR POLUTING FIRE STARTING EARTH KILLER????? SIMPLY SHOCKING I DONT GET IT ... IM IN AWE

:D

Sounds like a selfish and hypocritical person who likes to have his cake and eat it too. ;)

Sounds like a selfish and hypocritical person who likes to have his cake and eat it too. ;)

What kind of dimwit would have cake and not eat it? I've always hated that saying. :D

What kind of dimwit would have cake and not eat it? I've always hated that saying. :D

HomerSimpsonX-Ray.jpg

MMMMM CAKE!

True, and worthy of a rant.

Ok, I got final inspection, nad we passed.. YAHOO :) ( Rave)

But why did the head cheese inspector not give a crap about any of the items that the previous inspector wrote the yellow card for! All that hard work on my side, and that guy was like..... ok looks good. i AM VERY HAPPY TO BE DONE WITH THE COUNTY OFFICIALS! The moral of the story is do it without them if possible!! :) ( Rant )

Thanks for reading, You guys (and gals) are great.

Brent

Ok, I got final inspection, and we passed.. YAHOO :) ( Rave)

SWEET! :)

But why did the head cheese inspector not give a crap about any of the items that the previous inspector wrote the yellow card for! All that hard work on my side, and that guy was like..... ok looks good. i AM VERY HAPPY TO BE DONE WITH THE COUNTY OFFICIALS! The moral of the story is do it without them if possible!! :lazy: ( Rant )

Thanks for reading, You guys (and gals) are great.

Brent

great now we will never see brent anymore, he is never going to leave his nice new pretty county approved house................until the next time he says to the wifey " he Hun lets tear out that drywall and put up some tile" then he will be living in my spare room!!! :lol: you know thats how this last one started.

lol glad to hear you are done wit those sob's. RJ the next time brent says he has house stuff to do he is lying! he is out riding with us :)

Nicely done Brent! Has to feel good to have that behind you in time for the season.

Now that I picked up the TDI last weekend I don't intend to commute via bike as much

+1 on TDIs. Mine gets about 2-3 MPG better than my VFR at Freeway Speeds. 75-80ish.

This story has no purpose and really is not worth reading.

One chilly morning a couple weeks ago I was crusing up the I-5 in the TDI listening to Satelite Radio when a Streetbike flew by about twice my speed. Then around La Jolla I saw him sitting off the side of the freeway next to the fast lane. A few minutes later he flew by again. Then when I got to Oceanside around Mission I saw a sportbike lying in the #3 or 4 lane. Cars had just pulled over and people were running around. Same guy? I got to work and checked the CHP website - looks like the guy was ok!

RJ the next time brent says he has house stuff to do he is lying! he is out riding with us :unsure:

shhhhhhhhhhh! That was my only out! :o Thanks to all for being my soundboard

BC