PastaPilot

Lost Garmin GPS

I haven't been able to find my GPS after getting back from the Meadows ride. If anybody up there might have wondered how it ended up in there stuff please lemme know.

Another concern is the upcoming Flagstaff trip. I'm supposed to be the navigator. I was wondering if anybody has an eTrex series GPS that they'd be able to loan me for the trip?

I ask about the eTrex because my computer is all setup for it and I've got the cables and whatnot and experience to use it. I'd like to avoid tech headaches for the short trip. Also I'd buy a new one but after dropping $1k on other stuff in life this week, I haven't the spare coinage to afford a new one.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a etrex vista cx that you can use, will you show me how to use it when your back? I'm in Rancho Penasquitos. Kelly

I have a 60C & RAM mount that you can borrow for the trip if you're interested.....

I haven't been able to find my GPS after getting back from the Meadows ride.

Bigfoot probably kiped it. :)

I'm a dunce...I read your post and thought "I hope somebody can help us out"

Uh...I have the black and white screened legend...

I think Chris has a color screen one, though...that seemed much better for following routes at Xplane

Are you sure you didn't lose it when you did that submarine crossing of the Kern River on our Friday ride. :)

Are you sure you didn't lose it when you did that submarine crossing of the Kern River on our Friday ride. :)

I don't ever remember using it or even taking it out of the truck.

I may give the craigslist guy a call tomorrow.

It might still be up there. Maybe a ranger found it in the campsite. It probably isn't too likely that that happened, but you could always call or e-mail the ranger station for that area and inquire.

It might still be up there. Maybe a ranger found it in the campsite. It probably isn't too likely that that happened, but you could always call or e-mail the ranger station for that area and inquire.

Jon don't phone! This is a good excuse to go back! B)

My name, address and phone number are programmed into it. If somebody found it I'd like to think they'd have the courtesy to give a call at least and let me know.

Roger has a good idea too. Let's go back and take a look around.

Roger has a good idea too. Let's go back and take a look around.

If only I could! <_< I would love to be able to do one more trip before autumn. B)

PP,

"I don't ever remember using it or even taking it out of the truck"

Having a good deal of experience looking for lost tools etcetera, I offer the concept the the GPS is exactly where you put it. For example, did you put it in the truck before you left San Diego? This theory solves more problems than you might think.

You can have my old eTrex Vista for free if you want. I was having problems with it and after sending it back to Garmin for replacement twice I upgraded to a 60Cx which is awesome. The only issue with the 60Cx is it falls off it's Ram mount about every time I wipe out...but I digress. Anyway, I think the only issue with the Vista is that it occasionally (rarely) turns itself off. It may have been because I was canoeing with it in the rain for 2 weeks and moisture somehow got inside, or it may be a faulty unit. I've moved on so if you or anyone else wants to play with it then let me know. I also have cables for it, etc but it sounds like you're good in that department already.

Oh, I almost forgot the most important part...screen is not color but the case is silver so it goes with everything.

....... The only issue with the 60Cx is it falls off it's Ram mount about every time I wipe out...

You're absolutely right.......the "self launching" feature associated with the 60s in RAM mounts is irritating ......RAM set-up is easy remedied with a zip tie around the top of the 60/mount......that's my std practice now.......no issues.....

Pasta - everything happens for a reason......it's time to ditch the etrex and upgrade <_<

You can have my old eTrex Vista for free if you want. I was having problems with it and after sending it back to Garmin for replacement twice

Anyway, I think the only issue with the Vista is that it occasionally (rarely) turns itself off.

I've moved on so if you or anyone else wants to play with it then let me know. I also have cables for it, etc but it sounds like you're good in that department already.

Oh, I almost forgot the most important part...screen is not color but the case is silver so it goes with everything.

I only want it for the Hansel & Gretel function. ya know Breadcrumb trail. That's why I bought a cheaper one to begin with. Yeah I'll definetly take that off your hands.

Pasta - everything happens for a reason......it's time to ditch the etrex and upgrade <_<

I would consider an upgrade if I didn't just upgrade the PC ($700), glasses($300), riding gear($250), airbox and filter ($75), other bike bling($XX) already this week. What it comes down to is I'm really tapped out for the next few months and I still need to keep some reserves for the trip next week and then the next trip in Oct. I rarely even used the GPS at all over the past year. In fact I think I used it more on hiking trips than any other activity.

Jon

I only want it for the Hansel & Gretel function. ya know Breadcrumb trail. That's why I bought a cheaper one to begin with. Yeah I'll definetly take that off your hands.

Jon

He only wants it for the Hansel & Gretel function? He doesn't know how to use the other functions? And this man flys multimillion dollar airplanes around the world for a living! :unsure:

Ya, but so do I, so I know it's actually really easy. A lot of times, I take off then just set the cruise control and catch up on sleep. There's probably some sort of warning or buzzer or something if anything bad were to happen. Actually most airplanes have Hansel and Gretel functions too so he's just going with what he knows. Pastapilot, don't listen to these naysayers. I support you.