Bagstr

What Color Boots?

"

My feminine side leans to the White, although the ORANGE/WHITE could be a first on the trail. Has anyone actually seen these on the trail? White kind of says, " My feet never touch the ground". Unfortunately, I don't qualify on that score.

I bought a pair of the orange and white ones that actually had "KTM" emblazened on the front. I don't have the KTM anymore, but I have boots that don't match my Kawi's and TE.

Any color but red or white socks! With the big hole in the side of your boot and lots of red and white 'stuff' showing on the inside, you almost made me puke! ;) May I suggest a big whip flag on your bike so OTHERS can see you. :)

"Is this a legitimate question? " Zenosan

"You can't be serious?!? ;) .....White??? :) " Crawdaddy

Legitimate...Serious?? Are you two kidding? Next to what socks to wear, this is a big decision.

My feminine side leans to the White, although the ORANGE/WHITE could be a first on the trail. Has anyone actually seen these on the trail? White kind of says, " My feet never touch the ground". Unfortunately, I don't qualify on that score.

Those lace-ups are tempting. They pretty much relegate a rider to the sweep position. Speed lacing is important when a prompt start is in order.

Paging DigDug.......I think he's an Orange/White boot kinda guy......

"Is this a legitimate question? " Zenosan

"You can't be serious?!? ;) .....White??? :) " Crawdaddy

Legitimate...Serious?? Are you two kidding? Next to what socks to wear, this is a big decision.

Those lace-ups are tempting. They pretty much relegate a rider to the sweep position. Speed lacing is important when a prompt start is in order.

Paging DigDug.......I think he's an Orange/White boot kinda guy......

Wow! 28 replies on what color boots to buy-GEEZE! I am glad I wasn't involved it this one. :blink:

SIDI it is. I forgot to throw these in the back of somebody's truck when the left the maintenance day.

Boots002.jpg

So they're still available!

Vote: Black

I have white A*'s, so I'd recommend black. Recommendation based solely on the fact that I'm slow and crash a lot...really I blame this on the white boots. ;)

Always go with the "herd mentality"....not! :lol:

Just in case you folks think I am over the edge with my boot collection-here is just part of the collection of someone who is!

post-6274-1252078121.jpg

OK Sallie (that's everybody in this thread)...

You may wear black and or grey boots... Orange if you MUST flout your Bavarian Superiority

Mimi gets a chick pass to wear whatever color matches her pants/jersey/helmet/gloves and purse

The rest of you... Black is your friend and grey is too

You may wear black and or grey boots... Orange if you MUST flout your Bavarian Superiority

Mimi gets a chick pass to wear whatever color matches her pants/jersey/helmet/gloves and purse

If Black didn't fade to Grey I would object.

Guess it's time to get the Krylon flat black out. :lol:

Guess it's time to get the Krylon flat black out. :lol:

OK-- let's see 'em... how bad are they? :o

Consensus is I should not buy WHITE boots.

:lol:

Thanks, I now know which direction to go. See you on the trail with ________ Boots.

PS, Does anyone know the difference between SR and SRS Crossfires; Besides $25

Consensus is I should not buy WHITE boots.

:lol:

Thanks, I now know which direction to go. See you on the trail with ________ Boots.

PS, Does anyone know the difference between SR and SRS Crossfires; Besides $25

do they both have the replaceable sole?

SRS= sole replacement system(*only thing i DID pick up on in the write ups)they both have the replaceable soles...

dunno the diff between SR and SRS tho...my Google-Fu sucks today

Blind :lol:...i blame friday

Any color but red or white socks! With the big hole in the side of your boot and lots of red and white 'stuff' showing on the inside, you almost made me puke! :lol: May I suggest a big whip flag on your bike so OTHERS can see you. :o

Kiwi,

Flag Whip...Great idea

http://www.safeglowhips.com/index.html#whips

SRS= sole replacement system(*only thing i DID pick up on in the write ups)they both have the replaceable soles...

I had a set of soles replaced on a pair of Alpinestars High Points last year at a shoe repair place here in Escondido. They did a great job and for about $35.

Why do you need a "system"?

I had a set of soles replaced on a pair of Alpinestars High Points last year at a shoe repair place here in Escondido. They did a great job and for about $35.

to not spend $35 and a trip to Escondido... duh

Blind :o...i blame friday

OH YEAH! So what do the soles of the "replacement system" cost? :lol:

$16.99 a pair. Of course, if you need new screws, those sets cost from 5.99 to 14.99 depending on what year model of boot you have.

Blind :o...i blame friday

$16.99 a pair.

But they still won't be a pair of Alpinstars High Points.

is that the boot you posted from the first page?

If so... you're right... they won't

but you say that like it's a bad thing

But they still won't be a pair of Alpinstars High Points.

A set of replacement soles for a late model of Alpinestar boots runs 34.99.