Bagstr

What Color Boots?

Here I sit, foot elevated, wondering about one of the more important decisions in the universe. Your input is welcomed! WHAT COLOR BOOT TO WEAR?

Hijacking this discussion onto Doug's "What are you doing this weekend", was a large temptation, but I resisted.

Two weeks into recovery from a bike V bike collision up in the Garner Valley, I am desperate for Moto activity. The shift lever is replaced and the skid plate hammered back into proper shape. What next? Boots, I need new boots. Two more weeks until I ride back onto the scene.

So help me with the all important STYLE decision.

Sidi Crossfire SRs got me through the battle of the KTMs, 950 SE vs 690R. ( Which I lost!) My left foot could have done much worse. So, Sidi it is, but WHAT COLOR scheme?

http://www.motonation.com/store/pc/viewPrd...amp;idproduct=1

Dave is leaning heavily toward White, as the Black let me down in the fight of the KTMs. There is a "perfect color" help me decide.

White goes with everything. I wear white boots, no matter what. And they don't look any rattier than black boots once they are old and dirty. they may look better. ;)

Here I sit, foot elevated, wondering about one of the more important decisions in the universe. Your input is welcomed! WHAT COLOR BOOT TO WEAR?

Hijacking this discussion onto Doug's "What are you doing this weekend", was a large temptation, but I resisted.

Two weeks into recovery from a bike V bike collision up in the Garner Valley, I am desperate for Moto activity. The shift lever is replaced and the skid plate hammered back into proper shape. What next? Boots, I need new boots. Two more weeks until I ride back onto the scene.

So help me with the all important STYLE decision.

Sidi Crossfire SRs got me through the battle of the KTMs, 950 SE vs 690R. ( Which I lost!) My left foot could have done much worse. So, Sidi it is, but WHAT COLOR scheme?

http://www.motonation.com/store/pc/viewPrd...amp;idproduct=1

Dave is leaning heavily toward White, as the Black let me down in the fight of the KTMs. There is a "perfect color" help me decide.

Is this a legitimate question?

I have 8 pairs of motorcycle boots which expand over thirty five years and they are all BLACK LEATHER. Neither my SIDI Full Bores nor my Alpinstars High Points have ever let me get a foot or ankle injury. I even have a pair of Gearnes that are BLACK LEATHER! They date back to the mid 1970's and none have ever let me down. My daughter had a white pair of Gearnes however. She didn't get hurt either. ;)

Just thought I would stir up some hostility from the contemporary crowd. :)

Don

WHAT COLOR BOOT TO WEAR? Dave is leaning heavily toward White

You can't be serious?!? ;) .....White??? :blink: ......These are the only guys that look good in all white boots (and they're the ENEMY!) :rtfm: :)

authentic-stormtrooper-cost.jpg

I have to side with Strega & Zenosan on this one......BLACK is right.......BLACK is beautiful...... B)

BLACK

;)

Dave

What size do you wear? I have a pair of nice black boots I might be willing to sell.

These really are my boots, no joke.

post-6274-1252024356.jpg

BLACK is right.......BLACK is beautiful...... :)

Black is so boorish, vulgar and common..... ;) And it absorbs heat, too.

post-6274-1252024356.jpg

Hmmmm, add some blades to those and they would look like high top ice skating shoes. ;)

BLACK is right.......BLACK is beautiful...... :blink:

Black is so boorish, vulgar and common..... ;) And it absorbs heat, too.

But they are Macho Cool.

Just the price you pay for it. :)

But they are Macho Cool.

Just as I suspected....guys don't want to have to deal with any of those...you know, insecurity issues about their image. ;)

post-6274-1252024356.jpg

Which was Zenosan???

Village%20People%20538840653_452839dd1c_o.jpg

I'm thinking it was the leather guy.

"YMCA"

I really do have these boots folks. Any SDG&E Lineman would recognize them. They are lineman's boots. Way Cool Boots! They have steel toes and wear pads where the toe hits the shifter. ;)

They are lineman's boots. Way Cool Boots! They have steel toes and wear pads where the toe hits the shifter. ;)

That was the first pair of off road boots I owned. Everybody used to get the soles wedged so that the heel wouldn't get hung up on the dirt while they were doing a slide.

I couldn't stand mine and could hardly wait till I saved up the bucks to buy some Torsten Hallman buckle boots. Didn't like those either (neither the lace ups or the Hallmans had enough padding) so I finally bought some Korean knockoffs of the SIDI Full Bores, that I liked and wore till they wore out.

Too bad there weren't any white boots back then.

post-6274-1252024356.jpg

Which was Zenosan???

Village%20People%20538840653_452839dd1c_o.jpg

I'm thinking it was the leather guy.

"YMCA"

I really do have these boots folks. Any SDG&E Lineman would recognize them. They are lineman's boots. Way Cool Boots! They have steel toes and wear pads where the toe hits the shifter. ;)

Great! You made my day Paul. Thanks. :)

They are lineman's boots. Way Cool Boots! They have steel toes and wear pads where the toe hits the shifter. ;)

That was the first pair of off road boots I owned. Everybody used to get the soles wedged so that the heel wouldn't get hung up on the dirt while they were doing a slide.

I couldn't stand mine and could hardly wait till I saved up the bucks to buy some Torsten Hallman buckle boots. Didn't like those either (neither the lace ups or the Hallmans had enough padding) so I finally bought some Korean knockoffs of the SIDI Full Bores, that I liked and wore till they wore out.

Too bad there weren't any white boots back then.

You too Mimi. :)

I bought a pair of these at San Diego Sportcycles (in black) before they went out of business.

Dave at Moto Maxx (who took over SD Sportcycles) carries these as well. He has good prices and the best customer service.

Fox also has excellent customer service. I broke a buckle on a boot and sent them an email....within 3 days I had a new full set in the mailbox.

I bought a pair of these at San Diego Sportcycles (in black) before they went out of business.

Dave at Moto Maxx (who took over SD Sportcycles) carries these as well. He has good prices and the best customer service.

Fox also has excellent customer service. I broke a buckle on a boot and sent them an email....within 3 days I had a new full set in the mailbox.

Way too modern-not cool enough!

they make them in white....nobody would want to buy them though ;)

you got to ride fast if you wanna wear white boots.

how about an orange pair?

"Is this a legitimate question? " Zenosan

"You can't be serious?!? ;) .....White??? :) " Crawdaddy

Legitimate...Serious?? Are you two kidding? Next to what socks to wear, this is a big decision.

My feminine side leans to the White, although the ORANGE/WHITE could be a first on the trail. Has anyone actually seen these on the trail? White kind of says, " My feet never touch the ground". Unfortunately, I don't qualify on that score.

Those lace-ups are tempting. They pretty much relegate a rider to the sweep position. Speed lacing is important when a prompt start is in order.